JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My guess??

50fff7fc6dbea239648079ed4fcb2369--field-dressing-a-deer-lull.jpg

The carelessness and bravery of these criminals is really scary. Defending your property is almost out of question, defending yourself and family is almost too much to consider without the risk of being the one going to jail or worse. Crazy times we live in!
I agree with the scary part, but not the rest:

Property defense has never been a modern allowable response.

Personal defense is not really a question.

Stay safe

Did anyone notice this in the article??

"Howard said he finds that message outrageous. He was among the thousands of people who protested racial injustice and police violence through months of demonstrations downtown.

"We're literally protesting the police every night, and now we're having to be the police," he said."

i feel sorry for his daughters, but as far as ol' Howard is concerned, Mr. Masturbator can take him out back and give him a jolly rogering until a new DA is elected for all I care.

"Howard said he finds that message outrageous. He was among the thousands of people who protested racial injustice and police violence through months of demonstrations downtown.

"We're literally protesting the police every night, and now we're having to be the police," he said."

i feel sorry for his daughters, but as far as ol' Howard is concerned, Mr. Masturbator can take him out back and give him a jolly rogering until a new DA is elected for all I care.
Yea that is the epitome of the problem. Rioters tried to burn down the police precincts, what, 30-40 times all told? They hate the police. They want to defund (and in many cases abolish completely) the police. So now of course there are very few police left.

Then the same people want the police to protect them. Completely ridiculous! Makes me wonder who they think is going to protect them from the ganbangers and warlords who will take over if they abolish the police. Man, Portland is sure screwed up.

Read the article when it came out a few months ago. Laughed at that line.

Conversation at dinner last year: "You know, when the police go away, it doesn't mean there are no police. There are always police, in any group of people. It just means new people become the police."

Everybody said some variation of "Yup." And these were young people; gives me hope. They're not all fools.

Should have let him find a way in, gone to work, and called me. I have plenty of sulfuric acid.

We had a couple of youth, maybe 12-15 yrs old, come by the house and ring the bell and when my wife opened the door they just introduced themselves last week. Didn't ask if we had kids to play with, I have never seen them before, I saw no cars or adults, but my wife handled the door so I could not follow up.

I live on a block long dead end on the way to no where and not particularly easy to get to unless you actually live in the neighborhood because of geography. Kids don't just appear out of nowhere.

I told her, "We have just been cased.".
Packs of 3-4 teens have been doing that in Forest Grove.

Exactly. Very positive, would buy again.
The dog had some "long pig" jerky for a while too!

Unfortunately calling 911 here means a response time of up to 1.5 hours for an active shooter. If you don't have many callers (as in 4 or more) and it's non life threatening, u will get no response at all. In the last year and a half I have called in on 2 armed car jackings, one homeless man beating a naked petite woman in a public park (city employee also called 911), and one woman trying to break in several houses and businesses. Of those 4 events, the police came on only one (1 of the armed carjackings), and that is likely because about 5 or more poeple called and myself and two other poeple cornered the perp in a back yard.
Unfortunately the problem may be how the incident is related to the responding officers by dispatch. I stated before of a coworker's kid was kidnapped by the Ex and taken into Washington. It was reported as a family dispute and the police took over an hour to show up. Once the kid was in Wa, my friend was told it was an issue for the courts. He was also told if they had a better description of what was happening they would have responded sooner (words to that affect).

Late to the convo, but I was watching The Accountant when it first came out at Redbox, and it was a pretty intense scene at about 11:30 at night. All of a sudden someone tried to open my front door, which is automatically deadbolted after 2 minutes of somone unlocking it. I ran to the front door and a man in a camo jacket was walking briskly away down the street. I asked what the hell he was doing and he said 'wrong house'. I remember chuckling to myself, 'no %@%'. I called the non-emergency dispatch and told them and no cop ever even showed up. Made me wonder how many other times it happened when I wasn't home or was sleeping. These days I have an 85lb German Shepherd security system to ensure no matter what circumstance, someone would be greeted properly if it ever happens again.

Oldest burglar trick in the world. Totality of the circumstances: Attempted Residential Burglary/Possession of Burglary tools, class B felony. Note: You can lawfully hold him at gun point.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top