JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have started carrying around "disposable " improvised impact devices in the vehicles. I usually don't bother with such low rent stuff, but I honestly don't feel like reporting any possible contact with dirt bags right now. If I have to piece up some bum in a parking lot, my tools are going in the storm drain and I'm driving out . They can track me down and interview me later if anybody cares.

Part of getting each of my kids moved out has been field expedient weapons creation and, most importantly, the will to commit to using them.
All manner of flails, bludgeons and other human hurting devices laid out on a big folding table. I just saw my daughter today and refreshed her supplies, and updated the information above. She has a short walk through some tweaker tent city on the way to work. So I told her to just go apesh!t if anything ever jumps off.
Would've got her started on concealed carry process, but I gotta be honest. She's not there yet.
Judge any of the above however you wish. My reality, my family.

I have started carrying around "disposable " improvised impact devices in the vehicles. I usually don't bother with such low rent stuff, but I honestly don't feel like reporting any possible contact with dirt bags right now. If I have to piece up some bum in a parking lot, my tools are going in the storm drain and I'm driving out . They can track me down and interview me later if anybody cares.

Part of getting each of my kids moved out has been field expedient weapons creation and, most importantly, the will to commit to using them.
All manner of flails, bludgeons and other human hurting devices laid out on a big folding table. I just saw my daughter today and refreshed her supplies, and updated the information above. She has a short walk through some tweaker tent city on the way to work. So I told her to just go apesh!t if anything ever jumps off.
Would've got her started on concealed carry process, but I gotta be honest. She's not there yet.
Judge any of the above however you wish. My reality, my family.

HIPOINT ?

I don't even have a doorbell. by the time someone gets on my front walk, my dogs are going off like crazed banshees wanting to tear someone a new one. so far every one has turned and scurried off. I really love my dogs. Haven't had to deal with unwanted visitors for years.

"Lock your doors, load your guns and get a biting, barking dog." - Sheriff John Kirk - Martin County, Ky.

I want to know where I can buy "secret tigers".

They are easy to make. Once 'Fed' just Backfill and Tamp...

Screenshot_20210326-085337_DuckDuckGo.jpg

1) "Only a few pounds each but GREAT alarms if someone tries poking around."
Then you have a dog alarm that won't get you sued for mauling a toddler. I would rather not have a dog making decisions that could affect the rest of my life.

2) I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, but isn't posting signage about how nasty your dogs are evidence that you know they're dangerous?

1) "Only a few pounds each but GREAT alarms if someone tries poking around."
Then you have a dog alarm that won't get you sued for mauling a toddler. I would rather not have a dog making decisions that could affect the rest of my life.

2) I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, but isn't posting signage about how nasty your dogs are evidence that you know they're dangerous?
Good question and certainly could not help your case if the dog bites and some court finds it was "not necessary" for sure. I have nothing against large dogs, always enjoyed them. Just took to small ones a good while back as they are far easier to care for now. Had never really thought about the funny signs for dogs but, it does make sense it could be a problem if the owner ends up fighting a legal battle over the dog for sure.

Dad Says Everybody jumps to the sound of a Shotgun.
He's 87
LOL, mine sure did one time. We were living together in a two story house. I come home 2am, power on entire street is dead, Dad was at work. I go down to basement, looking for lights and such. Hear front door open, foot steps across floor above me. when the foot steps got to the stair way down and opened that door I racked a round. Dad immediately called out that it was him. Power was out at work, he had come home to grab a couple lights and batteries. We had a good laugh about it later :D

"My daughter has a scar on her face from where a little foo foo dog bit her. In my experience they can be just as likely to cause you to get sued as a large dog."

Agreed. However, I'm betting things could have been worse if the dog had been a Mastiff or a Rottie, which might have entailed criminal charges.

"Note: You can lawfully hold him at gun point."

Can and should are 2 different things.
When the cops do that they have backup. You don't. They have qualified immunity (for a while yet). You don't. They don't get popped for brandishing. You might.
He is more likely to attack you if he is desperate. Assuming that you haven't already shot him the situation may allow you to prevail without injury or prolonged persecution by the political hacks in the DA/AG offices.
Take a pic with your phone and tell him to GTFO and don't come back.
The cops who haven't been defunded can deal with him/them.
If they come back now you have demonstrated your lack of malice when you have to light them up.

"My daughter has a scar on her face from where a little foo foo dog bit her. In my experience they can be just as likely to cause you to get sued as a large dog."

Agreed. However, I'm betting things could have been worse if the dog had been a Mastiff or a Rottie, which might have entailed criminal charges.
Yep! I am a BIG time lover of dogs but the way morons have screwed up the breed called Pit bull now days. These used to be great family dogs. Now every time I see one I go on full alert watching to see what if anything it will do. When some moron has one they allow to get free and they kill some kid I have long felt the owner should be treated the same as if they had left a loaded gun laying there in the yard and it got someone. So often this happens and owners act like it was just a sad accident they had noting to do with :mad:

It isn't the breed, it is the owner.

That said, a LOT of dogs have been mistreated at one time or another, and if you don't have them from a puppy to socialize/train them properly, then you might have problems down the line. After all, canines do think and act on their own - so when unsupervised they can conceivably get you into a LOT of trouble.

Guns on the other hand, do not act on their own.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top