JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Workplace violence is second only to domestic violence in the violence hierarchy.
To me its just another form of insurance. I rest easier knowing its there. No one I work with ever knows when it was a place where it was not "OK". Only way they would have ever found out is if I was back against the wall and no choice. Now if people work where they get screened going in and out? I guess they have no choice but to not carry.

You mean you can't carry without showing it to others? I have known a few others like this and never quite understood it but, for them you are correct. For me? Since I never worked were I was searched going in or out it was easy. No one knew I had the gun as I did not feel I needed to tell them. Only way they would have found out is if I was trapped and had to use it.
No, im just saying its not as easy as it seems. The average person spends as much time with their coworkers as their family/friends. Depending on the type of job and other variables its just not as easy as it seems, thats all Im saying. It doesnt help that nowadays every other conversation is political... (and 114 is a current topic to make things worse).

interesting, noted....
but I was looking at this from a mass shooting perspective.
I interviewed for a job one time for a plant engineer job at a food plant in Moore Oklahoma. Not that I would have taken the position but I actually like interviewing. Its a skill that needs to be maintained. In any case I was talking to the VP of whatever and he was telling me about an incident they had at the facility a year prior when they fired one of the warehouse worker for being a pain in the bubblegum spreading the good word about Muhammed at work. He goes out to his car and comes back in with a machete and decapitates his boss I think and starts cutting the head off another woman while the other warehouse people are freaking out throwing stuff at the guy. The plant director grabbed his AR-15 out of his closet in his office and shot the guy. Still want the job?

See . Its not just mass shootings. Machetes too. Ive had office invasions where a bum took over my office and threw me out and threated to kill me. People get mad when they get fired. I used to have an HR VP who always carried her baby Browning into firing meetings. The workplace can be full of surprises.

See . Its not just mass shootings. Machetes too.
ok, to clarify I will include mass stabbings, bludgeonings and anything truly life threatening into the "mass shooting perspective"
Youve worked and interviewed at some interesting places thats for sure.

People get mad when they get fired. I used to have an HR VP who always carried her baby Browning into firing meetings. The workplace can be full of surprises.
Yup, had an incident like that in the building next door to mine 10 days ago. Had critical response team complete with sniper for a few hours all over the parking lot. Ended without incident or even an arrest. Yeah, WTF, over?

Yup, had an incident like that in the building next door to mine 10 days ago. Had critical response team complete with sniper for a few hours all over the parking lot. Ended without incident or even an arrest. Yeah, WTF, over?
Ive seen the cops called at least a dozen times from firings. VP of ops at a previous job got his lights knocked out during a firing. The script changed after that.

People get mad when they get fired. I used to have an HR VP who always carried her baby Browning into firing meetings.
and its probably the same HR VPs that write no weapons policies in their workplace. They are too high up the chain to have it apply to them.

and its probably the same HR VPs that write no weapons policies in their workplace. They are too high up the chain to have it apply to them.
It was conspicuously absent . My foreman left his Ti 357 Taurus in his desk once over the weekend and one of the mechanics found it while looking for the Lowes card. Of course he's an ex con on parole and freaks out thinking he's getting set up , tells me and I dont let the buck stop at me on anything. I tell the plant manager , he tells the HR director etc. What came out of it? Did I fire the foreman? No, she made him go to a concealed carry class.

Last Edited:
What scares me about stuff like this is that is the "normal" response any more. The "good guys" all get in a big group outside for what seems forever. Meanwhile inside what is going on? Then many places tell me I can't have a gun? :confused:
No thanks, I will gladly ignore that order.

What scares me about stuff like this is that is the "normal" response any more. The "good guys" all get in a big group outside for what seems forever. Meanwhile inside what is going on? Then many places tell me I can't have a gun? :confused:
No thanks, I will gladly ignore that order.
Me too. I've have a concealed knife, a concealed collapsible baton, and a concealed compact EDC on me everyday for the last 14yrs at my current place of employment, and no one has been the wiser to it.

During that time I've been assaulted three separate times by zombies in downtown PDX (of course) while working, and so far have been able to take care of it without escalating the use of force beyond LOUD verbal exchanges and assuming a ready fighting stance.

Someday it may be required to escalate the use of force, and I'll be DAMNED if any lawyer or HR manager (or some LEVO puthy) is going to get me killed or permanently maimed with their company "policy" (or ballot measure).

I got lucky at age 21 when I got a job where carrying a gun was mandatory. It was called The British Army.

I once had a T-shirt, on the front of which were the words -

JOIN THE ARMY!

TRAVEL TO FAR-OFF EXOTIC PLACES!

MEET STRANGE AND EXOTIC PEOPLE!

AND KILL THEM!

Me too. I've have a concealed knife, a concealed collapsible baton, and a concealed compact EDC on me everyday for the last 14yrs at my current place of employment, and no one has been the wiser to it.

During that time I've been assaulted three separate times by zombies in downtown PDX (of course) while working, and so far have been able to take care of it without escalating the use of force beyond LOUD verbal exchanges and assuming a ready fighting stance.

Someday it may be required to escalate the use of force, and I'll be DAMNED if any lawyer or HR manager (or some LEVO puthy) is going to get me killed or permanently maimed with their company "policy" (or ballot measure).
That is another part of this I forgot to bring up as to the why I do what I do. The going to and coming back from work. I have never worked at a place where the parking was "secured". I have most of my life worked nights. So I am parking and coming to work at night. Now days even when the sun is up the zombies are often out and about.
In another life I worked at a warehouse at night. I carried. I mentioned to my co workers since I was in charge that the management was fine if they wished to. They to a man laughed at this. <Shrug> One morning all kinds of activity behind our building where we stored pallets and often had to go out to get more while loading trucks. Some jogger had come across a body that had been there for hours. Person had been stabbed and died out there while we were working. Next night EVERY person I worked with was suddenly carrying. None were thinking it was funny any more for some reason. :s0092:

Kind of hard to conceal carry in scrubs......
No its quite easy. Now you may not be able to have a caliber you "want" but, unless you are going commando under those scrubs you can carry. The gun may not be much but, at least you can have something in case you end up hiding in a room hoping the good guys get to the door before the bad. If the bad sticks their head in the door first? Well you may live to go home.

No its quite easy. Now you may not be able to have a caliber you "want" but, unless you are going commando under those scrubs you can carry. The gun may not be much but, at least you can have something in case you end up hiding in a room hoping the good guys get to the door before the bad. If the bad sticks their head in the door first? Well you may live to go home.
Agree even a 22 mag mini revolver is better than nothing. So small they can be carried anywhere.

Agree even a 22 mag mini revolver is better than nothing. So small they can be carried anywhere.

I originally had both that model with 2 cylinders and the .22LR version. Wife took the smaller one, kept in in her bra at work. When the first ultra light plastic .32 hit we got a couple of those and I sold the larger. Still have that small one. Seldom still carry it but its just so damn well made I can't part with it. Can't hit anything that is not almost close enough to touch but, if I was cornered? One to the head should stop things and better than praying for the good guys to come.

I originally had both that model with 2 cylinders and the .22LR version. Wife took the smaller one, kept in in her bra at work. When the first ultra light plastic .32 hit we got a couple of those and I sold the larger. Still have that small one. Seldom still carry it but its just so damn well made I can't part with it. Can't hit anything that is not almost close enough to touch but, if I was cornered? One to the head should stop things and better than praying for the good guys to come.
Yea practice and the sights are key for me with this one. Like any pistol to be accurate you have to hold it as hard as you can without causing a tremor. The brass front post of the sidewinder and some other models? has enough contrast that's it's easier to see.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top