JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I really can't fathom the dumb taking place here. That paragraph is talking about how poverty is the leading cause of violent crime and you know who are in poverty more than any other race by the average. Black People. It's literally saying that it's not that being black presisposes you to violent crime because of being black, but that's being poor does and a large percentage of black people are.

You calling me dumb? Just say it if you are. Once again none of your info is cited to anything outside that single article.

Far better than your last source, should have opened with this.

Like I said, lots of info very readily available. I am not the gatekeeper to google, if I spent 5-10 seconds providing information I would assume others could easily find credible information as well. This was on the first page of the google search 'poverty = crime'

Like I said, lots of info very readily available. I am not the gatekeeper to google, if I spent 5-10 seconds providing information I would assume others could easily find credible information as well. This was on the first page of the google search 'poverty = crime'

Well like most complex issues, the stats aren't just one part of the whole. Stats don't tell the whole story without context.

Well like most complex issues, the stats aren't just one part of the whole. Stats don't tell the whole story without context.

Thats a long worded way of dodging the outcome of numerous studies that show poverty being highly correlated if not causal by nature in increased criminal activity. The proof you requested earlier, you got it, but don't like it.

Good day.

Thats a long worded way of dodging the outcome of numerous studies that show poverty being highly correlated if not causal by nature in increased criminal activity. The proof you requested earlier, you got it, but don't like it.

Good day.

Bye! Have a good day yourself. Glad we can have these conversations :)

Did you watch the video? He was drunk, shooting a .22 pistol at crows in his backyard. Whether he aimed up or down doesn't matter. Do you see how close other homes are in that part of the city? Oh, and that he's IN city limits? It wasn't ANYTHING like you're saying. They weren't taken away because he was a "little odd." That's being disingenuous. He would have had a chance to clear it up if he showed up to court, which he never did!

This is fake news, and I have nothing further to add.

I have a problem with this law and its application here based solely on the evidence presented in the video.

A) If he was discharging a firearm in the city limits, that is certainly a crime for which he should be prosecuted. It doesn't sound like there was ever any such prosecution however. We should remember that mere accusations are not evidence, are not proof, and certainly are not a reason to convict. If they were, anyone you ever pissed off could bubblegum your life up to no end. Also, it violates the Constitution -- you protect the whole thing or the whole thing is worthless, including the 2A.

B) This Extreme Risk Protection Order process reverses the burden of proof. Before the government can deprive you of rights, it must first prove that deprivation is valid, at least that is how it is supposed to be. With these however, you are burdened with putting together a case within 14 days to prove a negative -- you have to prove you aren't crazy, aren't a danger. Even if you had the thousands of dollars necessary to get the requisite expert witnesses lined up in a mere two weeks, that violates every long standing American principle of jurisprudence there is. A government which has the ability to shift the burden of proof like that, is one that cannot be trusted and will use that power to abuse the populace.

C) He's a slob. Probably a drunk. So effing what. The video was cleverly put together to make you think "yeah, well, maybe he shouldn't have a gun." But that's the strongest tool tyranny has -- making you focus on the person and despising that particular individual, makes it easy to ignore the extremely dangerous Constitutional violations you are acquiescing to. Like the old poem: "first they came for the [insert whatever you want], and I didn't speak out .... then they came for me and there was no one left to speak."

That's a ridiculous question since I don't have access to his records. Court cases can take weeks or months to go to trial, so if a charge is PENDING, it makes sense that they exercised their law. Out of 5,000 reports, they've followed through with 30. That shows that Seattle PD is doing their best to rule out misunderstandings.

God help us when the police are the judges and prosecutors. By then it'll be time to move to some bastion of liberty, like Pinochet's Chile.

What I take from the 30/5000 figure is that there are a lot people willing to bring the fist of the state down on other people for very likely inappropriate reasons.

Lol so today I'm in my shed/ garage milling a lower and my neighbor lady that lives behind me.
Across the ally is dumping her trash in trash cans and is watching me because I have the big door open.
So I turned off the router and she says I just wanted to thank you for fixing my gate.
A few weeks ago or months ago her gate was swinging in the wind and I tied it up because they were not here.
Any way she asked me what I was working on .lol aluminum chips all over the place and me.
And then with out skipping a beat .I tell her I helping a friend with his race car .he needs this aluminum part cut out and his router broke. MVIMG_20180728_151122.jpg MVIMG_20180728_151118.jpg lol . I apologized for the noise .and tell her .
I'm almost done just a few more minutes.she says no problem thanks for the help with the gate and walks away.lol want to see my race care parts LOL .I don't know her that well they bought the house last summer and it's like a weekend house for them there not here much LOL

Last Edited:
But, it's HBO so you know it's phony. That's what I'm saying.
I haven't heard anything on the news around here so you are probably right .but with the new laws that went into effect.
A family member or neighbor can ask to have guns removed from a person .BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A COURT ORDER WARRANT .and the person has the right to get there guns back .i can't tell you the whole deal works and I'm not going to look it up .so far this is the first I have heard of it . from a neighbor complainig

With regards to the individual in the Vice story, he appears to be a serious alcoholic, who allegedly discharged a firearm within city limits (a crime). I suspect Seattle PD probably didn't have the evidence, to convict him of it, but had a preponderance of evidence to show he was a "danger to the community and himself" apparently a judge agreed, and signed off on the order...

Wow, I did not mean to stir up so much bubblegum. I was just pointing out that now in Washington its guilty until you can afford to prove your innocent, so you had better be extra nice to your neighbors!

Wow, I did not mean to stir up so much bubblegum. I was just pointing out that now in Washington its guilty until you can afford to prove your innocent, so you had better be extra nice to your neighbors!
Well in SEATTLE or king county .
All other counties are different.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR