JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting defense of who supported the American Revolution aka known as the Civil war in the colonies by the English. A small group of people (the ones with monied interests) started the process kind of like what is going on now (don't kid yourself) and those who came much later and want to be on the winning side proclaim "patriotism". Why were there desertions and conscription's?

Hmmm. Very odd. The Revolutionary War, as is it known in the yUK, was never mentioned to my hearing as the 'Civil War in the colonies'. Where did you hear that from? Perhaps it was taught like that in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, but certainly not in any English school curriculum.

IMO It was very scholarly and well written. More than a bit overwhelming for this old mind tho. Are you a writer, teacher, historian
Thanks. I plead guilty to being a sometimes writer, former teacher, and quasi-historian.
BTW, I just finished watching two Smithsonian Channel programs on YouTube, the first on Appalachians and the second on Kentucky. They said Appalachia had a lot of Scot/Irish that were very insular, and Kentucky pretty much had a mix of Loyalists as well as others that just wanted to be left to themselves. Many wound up fighting against the British when their towns were attacked. I hadn't thought previously that any of the Revolutionary War fighting took place there.
Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads