JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't believe any reasons given by the CCP for... anything.

Don't doubt the port is closed. Just the why.
My guess is it is more than one person (many more) who has tested positive.

Our Satellites will be focused on that terminal for sure. I doubt they would close it so publicly if they were going to be doing something more nefarious during the closure.

Oh no, we won't get the raw materials we shipped over there back in the form of crap that will break in 3 months, thrown away, and shipped back to them to add to their US garbage landfill collection.
My understanding is that China no longer buys our landfill garbage or recycled garbage because the cost of labor in China is now too high to deal with it. China used to be a market for what came out of recycling bins. Now there is no market for recycling bin stuff. And this has pretty much brought recycling programs to a stop as there is nobody who is doing anything with the material. Don't remember where I read that and would appreciate more recent info.

China has some pretty serious issues at home right now, the CCP isn't reporting it widely, but China is flooding badly, record rainfalls from the monsoons and massive systems failures. No idea how many thousands have died, ( again CCP don't report) but i'm guessing from all the video that's being leaked, its YUGE!

China has some pretty serious issues at home right now, the CCP isn't reporting it widely, but China is flooding badly, record rainfalls from the monsoons and massive systems failures. No idea how many thousands have died, ( again CCP don't report) but i'm guessing from all the video that's being leaked, its YUGE!
So that's where all the rainfall went.

I don't believe any reasons given by the CCP for... anything.

Don't doubt the port is closed. Just the why.
Right. By saying they closed the port because one person had delta they are implying that they are much cleaner than the rest of the world and that delta (which they didnt produce) is hugely dangerous compared to the original strain (which they did). They might have the whole port overrun with delta or worse for all we know.

Anything that happens in China that creates more incentive for American companies to reinvest in this country makes me happy.
Same here.

Only problem is the general public can't be bothered to care.

I've seen countless times, even on this forum, people who will buy some knickknack that they admittedly don't need, "just because it's cheap".

Until this behavior ends, the junk will keep coming, the US manufacturers will continue moving production over there and we'll keep funneling billions into a regime that hates us.

Awwwww.......Come on Man
We can always depend on the Chinese and their transparency. Especially with anything to do with Covid.

Is that you Joe?

Aloha, Mark

My understanding is that China no longer buys our landfill garbage or recycled garbage because the cost of labor in China is now too high to deal with it. China used to be a market for what came out of recycling bins. Now there is no market for recycling bin stuff. And this has pretty much brought recycling programs to a stop as there is nobody who is doing anything with the material. Don't remember where I read that and would appreciate more recent info.
I read that they stopped buying our "recyclables" because there was too much contamination in the stuff. People kept putting non-recyclable material in their recycling cans (styrofoam, dirty diapers, greasy pizza boxes, etc.) It got too expensive for them to sort it all out and deal with the crap.

I've seen this behavior in my supposedly environmentally conscious, progressive neighbors, whose recycling bin is routinely stuffed with used pizza boxes, despite the fact that our garbage collection company sends out semi-annual notices about what is acceptable and what is not. I even overheard a conversation between two of them in which they both said they continue to put egg cartons (prohibited items) in the recycling bin because they "should" be recyclable. As if they could force the issue.

I've read the same thing elsewhere more than once. So one era's great idea is the next era's dud. No Great Thing is guaranteed a long life. The environmentalists and some politicians are still pretending this is working. Personally, I think recycling certain materials makes sense. But only within the limits of being economical. There are companies here in the US that are trying to find ways to make recycling work on a sensible basis but it's being difficult.

I've been a recycler since I was about 9 years old, taking my little ball of copper wire down to the junkyard and getting back a silver half dollar or so. And this is one way to make recycling work, bribery. The bottle laws in Oregon are interesting but to a non-resident, a bit befuddling.

I said above, "No Great Thing is guaranteed a long life." This goes for most business activity. About the time a Good Idea gets capitalized on and pays off big, the field gets crowded. Then it's a race to the bottom to build business. Next thing you know, it's over. Business people have to always be looking ahead to the next opportunity.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top