JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So... wait. What. Ya mean to tell me American Medical Response isn't providing enough ambulance services after being fined by Multnomah County for not meeting the quotas/requirements laid out? :rolleyes:

To do what? Portland should just require Uber to stock narcan!

To do what? Portland should just require Uber to stock narcan!
Hell no! They made their bed, let them lie in it for good if necessary. By now everyone knows the risks of using fentanyl. Let those in the midst of an overdose deal with the consequences and serve as an example to others that there is very real likelihood that it will happen to them too. It will eventually thin the herd rather than just returning them to the streets to suck up more resources. I have two teenagers who will be out on their own sooner than I care to admit. In my fantasy land it would be nice if this mess was at least a little cleaned up before that time comes.

Last Edited:
My friend drove himself to the hospital during his heart attack. At least they bumped him to the front when he was blue and said it felt like someone parked a car on his chest. He is very frugal and didn't want to pay for an ambulance.

He also lied to the surgeons at the hospital that replaced both his hips when he told them he had a caregiver at home, waiting.
Actually, he just dragged himself around on the floor for three weeks alone. He set up a makeshift 2x4 brace for the shower and toilet. Gawd I tell you I have some stubborn friends.

My friend drove himself to the hospital during his heart attack. At least they bumped him to the front when he was blue and said it felt like someone parked a car on his chest. He is very frugal and didn't want to pay for an ambulance.

He also lied to the surgeons at the hospital that replaced both his hips when he told them he had a caregiver at home, waiting.
Actually, he just dragged himself around on the floor for three weeks alone. He set up a makeshift 2x4 brace for the shower and toilet. Gawd I tell you I have some stubborn friends.
They don't make them like they used to.

LOL, I drove myself to the hospital for my first heart attack and my cardiologist for my second one.

LOL, I drove myself to the hospital for my first heart attack and my cardiologist for my second one.
Also, the first one, they took me straight to the head of the line. I don't know if I was blue, but I was definitely frightened and in a lot of pain. I coded a few minutes later in triage, thus affirming their decision. :D

The second one, my cardiologist took me straight to the catheter lab on a gurney. We had to wait for them to finish on the person who was already in there, while I'm surrounded by medical personnel all trying not to look anxious. I remember one of them apologizing for leaving me laying on a backboard while we waited. I knew full well why I was on a backboard. :rolleyes:

So... wait. What. Ya mean to tell me American Medical Response isn't providing enough ambulance services after being fined by Multnomah County for not meeting the quotas/requirements laid out? :rolleyes:

They should give them a HUGH FINE!!! That will make the problem better.

@Flopsweat

Brought my cardio risk markers WAY DOWN. From 2.8 to .6 A true believer in Drano to get it done :s0083:

Of course ditch sugars, 'vegetable' (what a joke) and seed oils.

Doctor: For your age your heart markers are the lowest I've seen in years. Also Doctor: We should get you on Statins though.
Always pimping the pharm garbage for fun and profits.

I think people are going to have to organize their neighborhoods for transportation to a medical facility. Plus keep track of the hospitals that will serve the public.

It's getting to the point neighbors must be neighbors again.

I think people are going to have to organize their neighborhoods for transportation to a medical facility. Plus keep track of the hospitals that will serve the public.

It's getting to the point neighbors must be neighbors again.
Or get out now. It's a choice to live in that crap hole. It's not getting any better up there. I couldn't handle living in Stayton so I made the choice to leave

Or get out now. It's a choice to live in that crap hole. It's not getting any better up there. I couldn't handle living in Stayton so I made the choice to leave
Just my opinion but I don't think there is anyplace safe to run to. Maybe folks should up grade their first aid training to include heart attacks or wounds from knives or firearms.

Probably set up a neighborhood clinic to stabilize people as this gets worse

Just my opinion but I don't think there is anyplace safe to run to. Maybe folks should up grade their first aid training to include heart attacks or wounds from knives or firearms.

Probably set up a neighborhood clinic to stabilize people as this gets worse
I think anywhere that isn't a big city is better. Being self reliant is definitely your best option and will only improve your odds. The big city's will be the first to fall in shtf situation. Some would say Portland has already fallen.....

I think anywhere that isn't a big city is better. Being self reliant is definitely your best option and will only improve your odds. The big city's will be the first to fall in shtf situation. Some would say Portland has already fallen.....
Some would say the country has fallen. Open borders allowing millions in will destroy our Healthcare since covid already ruined the medical system. People won't understand it until it's too late but that's who we are, easier to watch football than pay attention.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews