JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately with price of gas I will take my bed to transfer station.
I had the same concern, but I made enough in one run to pay for 8 trips in my truck
for 24 years, I just threw all my scrape down in our forest - there was a dump down there already that dated back to the '20s
my son now want to clean up the property, so we've done 6 runs to the recycler so far

I always get in arguments with Karens at parties when I tall them most of their recycling is going to the dump. They wont believe me. Its just a racket any more.
I think the only reason they still use separate containers is to avoid complaints from the enviro nazis

I think the only reason they still use separate containers is to avoid complaints from the enviro nazis
I used to work at a place where the previous department manager had accumulated tons of trade publications and catalogs. All of it garbage. I had a few of the techs go through it and throw all the plastic coated paper catalogs , which are non recyclable, in the garbage. One of the other managers went nuts and complained to the plant manager that that I was throwing all that paper in the garbage. I had to mansplain to her how recycling works and make her look like the moron she was.

China refusing our recyclables? Interesting.

I worked at a paper mill that 100% of our product was made of recycled newspaper. China began backhauling newspapers in their otherwise empty tennis shoe containers, until we could not get newspaper ourselves.

That was the final straw that shut our mill down forever.
my cousin works for a container manufacture in Illinois that uses mostly recycled paper and cardboard
MacDonald French Fry containers and pizza boxes are just a couple of their products

I'm holding an Amazon shipping bag that is 100% recycled material - how many of those go out every day

Back in the 1970's a couple of young ladies that I knew went to Portland for a shopping trip. After shopping, they decided to visit a cousin that lived nearby. They had a nice visit, but the cousin kept bragging about the new trash compactor that he had installed. He claimed that he would offset the cost by dropping his garbage service and slipping the brown-paper-wrapped bricks into the garbage cans of his neighbors. They thought it was a bit odd, but disregarded it.

When unloading the car when they got home, they found a package that they didn't remember purchasing. It was a small, brown-paper-wrapped brick that was quite dense! It looked just like the output of the trash compactor, and indeed, it was!

Back in the 1970's a couple of young ladies that I knew went to Portland for a shopping trip. After shopping, they decided to visit a cousin that lived nearby. They had a nice visit, but the cousin kept bragging about the new trash compactor that he had installed. He claimed that he would offset the cost by dropping his garbage service and slipping the brown-paper-wrapped bricks into the garbage cans of his neighbors. They thought it was a bit odd, but disregarded it.

When unloading the car when they got home, they found a package that they didn't remember purchasing. It was a small, brown-paper-wrapped brick that was quite dense! It looked just like the output of the trash compactor, and indeed, it was!
like friends telling me:
"you have 5 acres, let us part this old 1980 T-Bird out there for a while"
and in 2022, it was still here!!!

this is a regional metal shredder facility that take in train loads of scrap metal, shred it up, load it on ships and off it goes to India, Malaysia and other countries

as you can see they have this massive claw, then the belt feed into the shredder, then the giant magnet to separate the ferrous metal from others
Great place to get rid of "witnesses" too I suspect...I wonder if the local mafia has a contract with that company. Probably be a real money maker. 🤐🤐

I remember about 20 years ago when the price of scrap was really down I hauled in half a ton of steel to the scrap yard. I asked the guy how much they'd give me for it. He laughed and told me if he gave me anything for it that they wouldn't make any money. I could drop it there for free or take it back home.

I remember about 20 years ago when the price of scrap was really down I hauled in half a ton of steel to the scrap yard. I asked the guy how much they'd give me for it. He laughed and told me if he gave me anything for it that they wouldn't make any money. I could drop it there for free or take it back home.
thats why I have a 12 ton MRI in my side yard
it was the same timeframe and the hospital I worked for was trying t o get rid of their old MRI
local scrape yard wouldn't take it, hospital paid $5K to get it out to my property, but they needed it out to put in the new one
it still rest in my south field today - you can see it from Google Earth

MRI.JPG

I took my broken bed and other items to the transfer station this morning. They only allow residents that live within the county to use the transfer stations now. It was the the minimum of $28.00. Since I have a canopy I had to get out my reciprocating saw and cut the steel headboard in half.

The transfer station personnel only took 10 of my fluorescent lights though. When incandescent lights burned out I would replace them with fluorescent lights. When LED bulbs came down in price I replaced all of lights and other bulbs with LED bulbs instead.

I guess I need to see where I can take the rest my fluorescent bulbs elsewhere for disposal. When I was a lot younger I helped replace a lot of fluorescent tube lights when they start flickering at work. We just disposed of them in the garbage bin outside the building. I did not realize until I read the tubes had mercury in them.

I took my broken bed and other items to the transfer station this morning. They only allow residents that live within the county to use the transfer stations now. It was the the minimum of $28.00. Since I have a canopy I had to get out my reciprocating saw and cut the steel headboard in half.

The transfer station personnel only took 10 of my fluorescent lights though. When incandescent lights burned out I would replace them with fluorescent lights. When LED bulbs came down in price I replaced all of lights and other bulbs with LED bulbs instead.

I guess I need to see where I can take the rest my fluorescent bulbs elsewhere for disposal. When I was a lot younger I helped replace a lot of fluorescent tube lights when they start flickering at work. We just disposed of them in the garbage bin outside the building. I did not realize until I read the tubes had mercury in them.
I put ours in trashsbags, broke them up in the bag, put the rest of the smelly garbage in the bag, double bag it and put it our with normal trash
but that was years ago, we're all LED now

Execs at the top in board meeting "

"Hear me out , I've got an idea. Let's get them to pay for a second canister, and get this, we charge them to sort the stuff this time."

"Sort, why sort the garbage Carl? You are losing me Carl!"

"That's the thing, we market it as recyclable goods and get them to put them in another bin. This means they must have the bin, which we will obviously provide."

"Lost me Carl, why on earth would anyone willingly do this when they can just put it in the first bin. We aren't sorting this stuff or have any need to sort it!"

"Easy," Carl continues, "We run a social media campaign that says if you don't your a Nazi who hates the planet and is anti global warming!"

Owner who hasn't said a word since, "I hate to say this, but I like Carl's thinking. We can grow our business, I can see a whole fleet of Recycling Trucks, keep them clean so folks think it's working. Charge the idiots twice the amount, guarantee quarterly increases due to continuous climate changes. Then I'll get ahold of those a holes over at the EPA, they should love hearing this!"

I used to get free coffee grounds from Starbucks for my garden
also got free manure from the horse stables around here
no longer - the sell their coffee ground and manures to the compost places in Longview now
but I can get a truck load of finished compost for $38, so I guess it doesn't matter

Home Depot supposedly takes CFL lights so next time I go I see if I can return them there. I am pretty sure back in the day I bought I lot of CFL lights there. Years ago I changed my porch lights to LED before I did my home light, We have post lamp in front of all the homes instead of street lights. I bought some Cree brand lights soft white lights from Home Depot since the LED lights last for years.

Home Depot supposedly takes CFL lights so next time I go I see if I can return them there. I am pretty sure back in the day I bought I lot of CFL lights there. Years ago I changed my porch lights to LED before I did my home light, We have post lamp in front of all the homes instead of street lights. I bought some Cree brand lights soft white lights from Home Depot since the LED lights last for years.
I worked for Royal Philips out of the Netherlands for 16 years
they gave any employee who wanted one a 20 year light bulb
we only have to send an email back when it burns out
got mine in 2010 - it's still working on the back porch

thats why I have a 12 ton MRI in my side yard
Man, there is no way I wouldn't be out there trying to hook a generator up to that thing to see what I could do with it. Put a bunch of steel in it and energize it in reverse to see if I could turn it into a giant shotgun. Or feed the racoons feed with steel pellets in it then lure them into the tube and BAM!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top