Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cheaper Than Dirt- still gouging away...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by FullCaliberII, Dec 31, 2013.

1. FullCaliberII

FullCaliberII Pierce County, WA Active Member

325 Round Sealed Fresh Fire Can .22LR Federal Champion 36 Grain Hollow Point 1260 fps 745FF

325 count of .22LR, in a sealed tin. Pretty cool its sealed... easy to stack em high I guess... $119.19!
    I bought the exact same product yesterday at Dicks Sporting Goods for $19.99.
    I thought CTD was finally done with this nonsense.

Side note: there is a dude on Armslist selling ONE tin for $60- he even refers to the CTD list price of $119, pointing out his half price deal! Ok, done with the rant...

phidelt208, GOG, Ian1816 and 7 others like this.
  2. bloodnguts

bloodnguts Seattle Member

They are and have been dead to me.

3. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Wow..

The main thing that pisses me off is how heavily CTD advertises, and claims to have the lowest prices. I hear their ads all over radio and TV, and I feel bad for anyone hearing one of their ads. These customers won't know their CTD's history as scumbags before they log into their site and place an order for overpriced junk that will get shipped out late, or even canceled if they sniff an opportunity for a price jacking.

Stomper and (deleted member) like this.
  4. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

They still have great prices on the things that nobody wants. Unfortunately I still don't want any of the stuff they have great prices on.

NWGlockgal, Stomper, jvbutter and 3 others like this.
  5. coyoteman5

coyoteman5 North south east west Active Member

Yeah I couldn't believe when I saw 100 rounds of CCI Mini mags for 29.99 I thought the heck with them they lost my business.

Stomper and (deleted member) like this.
  6. chainsaw

chainsaw East side of Or. Active Member

Lots of people must still buy from them.otherwise thier prices would be really low.for reals low,not make believe low.

dwaineshort and (deleted member) like this.
  7. pterrell

pterrell San Diego New Member

CTD. The only place selling PMags for $99.95 this time last year... I refuse to buy from those bastards.

8. Trick

Trick St Helens Active Member

They send me their magazines and I'm happy to burn everyone I get. Of course Dicks could give away .22lr and I won't set foot in there either after how they treated their customers last year.

I had to scratch a few places off my list over the last year. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue in 2014.

9. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

They are actually "Cheaper Than Gold"

Not by much, however.

10. pterrell

pterrell San Diego New Member

What happened with dicks? Haven't been there in quite a while

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

11. Trick

Trick St Helens Active Member

12. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I get people asking me about them and do my best to convince them never to give a dime to CTD.

Stomper, 68w, bloodnguts and 5 others like this.
  13. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I have never bought anything from CTD and never will. As far as I'm concerned, they are a tool of the Obama regime.

14. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Lower than dirt, not cheaper than dirt.... that's how I view the online store anyway..

15. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

They used to have "reasonably" priced shooting supplies before last year's mass murder tragedies, then shifted into "profiteering" overdrive when everyone started panic buying and haven't really let up. Even if they had lowered their prices I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from them again.

I used to get their magazines, but ever since they started gouging I would look through them (not order anything of course) then write "return to sender" and put it in the mail drop so they would have to pay return postage on it. It took 3-4 times before the magazines stopped coming. HA HA!

16. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

There is a couple local stores still doing the same thing, ugh! As far as CTD the best thing we can do is stop talking about them, there is no such thing as bad advertisement in business.

Buy the way you guys talk about them it would be said they are so low, THEY COULD DANGLE THEIR FEET OFF A DIME!

17. Hook686

Hook686 Northern California Active Member

This is the USA. Why all the moaning regarding an application of capitalism. A willing buyer and a willing seller is all it takes. You guys sound like my dad. He still moans that gasoline is only worth 30 cents a gallon and coffee a nickel a cup. Life is dynamic. Learn to adapt, or don't play the game.

Flopsweat and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You remember that when you're lining up to register your long-guns. ;)

EM60, Steve M, Taku and 5 others like this.
  19. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I disagree. The more this is brought up, the more light is shined upon their practices when you search them.

There is bad publicity.

20. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

"But it's the market!".. for stoopid people.

rocky3 and (deleted member) like this.