JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did anybody read the 2 reviews that product has? I laughed at them. Clearly fake reviews to try and get people to buy it. One review said

"Just wish the price was a bit lower. "ill probably be buying more."

I knew CTD had gone off the deep end with their markups, but this was just too much to overlook. I honestly havent purchased anything from them in two years (?) and when I did, it was some cool military surplus stuff they had.
By chance, I bought that can of .22LR because I was at Dicks buying a small pistol stand for my safe and saw it...
Then, I was checking out Armslist and happened across the same can of .22LR for $60 and the ads reference to the CTD price.
I understand capatalism but these companies already mark-up everything they sell; why the huge jump? It seems that for the gain of a one-time customer who is desperate (or doesnt know better) they lose the 20+ people who have commented on this rant as customers. How is that good business?

Who ever steered that ship through the aftermath of Sandy Hook is a complete waist of skin, not even a consideration and I would rather go without then feed their greed

This is the USA. Why all the moaning regarding an application of capitalism. A willing buyer and a willing seller is all it takes. You guys sound like my dad. He still moans that gasoline is only worth 30 cents a gallon and coffee a nickel a cup. Life is dynamic. Learn to adapt, or don't play the game.

Darn right it's capitalism, and our "moaning" here is an essential part of that capitalism. They can ask whatever stupid price they want, but I sure as heck don't have to pay it. AND I have the right to tell everyone I know that they are a world-class rip-off.

A willing buyer and a willing seller is all it takes.
Yes, that's a big part of "capitalism". We have the right to buy and sell with whoever we want, and the market generally takes care of it's self. If some jack wagon is ripping people off, word will get around and they will lose their market share to more reasonable competition. That's how capitalism is supposed to work. We're just doing our part. :)

Learn to adapt, or don't play the game
This would be applicable in regards to CTD if they were asking realistic market prices for their products, but sadly they are not. They are just fishing for suckers.

This is the USA. Why all the moaning regarding an application of capitalism. A willing buyer and a willing seller is all it takes. You guys sound like my dad. He still moans that gasoline is only worth 30 cents a gallon and coffee a nickel a cup. Life is dynamic. Learn to adapt, or don't play the game.

Yeah OK. So to you capitalism means that the customer just has to shut up and take it? Sounds an awful lot like you don't like freedom of the consumer to choose, and say FU to scammers and shady companies.

Yes, CTD has been guilty of scamming, like when Sandy Hook happened and they canceled almost all existing orders on magazines and ammo, told the customers that their orders were "out of stock," then re-listed those items at massively hiked prices. That's a scammer. That's a dishonest company. That's someone we don't want to do business with. THAT'S how capitalism works.

By the way, CTD was already well up to their neck in shady practices before SH. They did almost the same thing after the Aurora shooting, just to a lesser degree.

CTD was also screwing customers over on shipping, by charging S&H several times on a single order if they had to ship parts of your order from more than one warehouse. It's not the customer's fault that you can't effectively manage a supply chain across several different locations.

You know, Hook is right and you guys are right. They can charge whatever they want and must live with the consequences. Letting your less experienced friends know that their prices are way out of line is helpful. Not shopping their is your choice and doesn't hurt anything. Can we all agree on those points?

Sure, he could have been a little more polite in how he expressed it, but lets face it; for a group of mostly conservative, constitutionally aware, freedom loving free enterprise folks, some of you are stating to sound a little like the Occupy hippies. Just a little. Not a lot. Anyway, if you haven't ever read Atlas Shrugged now might be a good time to do so.

I agree with everything you said, Flopsweat. I think everyone has the right to ask for (and pay) whatever they want. I think the ire (for me at least) is the "modus operendi" of some sellers/vendors of "get it before the next AWB" and fomenting and preying on "panic".

P.T. Barnum allegedly once said, "there's a sucker born every minute". Most of us know the fair market value of shooting gear/supplies, and it's really no different than seeing someone overcharge or shortchange an elderly or challenged person (ie new shooters and the ignorant) and getting (a bit) indignant over it.

They used to have "reasonably" priced shooting supplies before last year's mass murder tragedies, then shifted into "profiteering" overdrive when everyone started panic buying and haven't really let up. Even if they had lowered their prices I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from them again.

I used to get their magazines, but ever since they started gouging I would look through them (not order anything of course) then write "return to sender" and put it in the mail drop so they would have to pay return postage on it. It took 3-4 times before the magazines stopped coming. HA HA!
I think the only thing that gets returned to the sender is first class.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

It's already going on in your state, amigo. As to what I'll do when tyranny is full in effect is for me to know and our would-be dictators and their collaborators to find out, eh?
And they, as well as NY, are ALREADY confiscating legally purchased firearms illegally.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

some of you are stating to sound a little like the Occupy hippies.

How's that? I haven't heard anyone calling for the government to shut down CTD or redistribute their profits. Just how is it anti-capitalist to warn others about an unethical business that is trolling for suckers to rip off?

When CTD started selling 9x18 for close to $50/box (still a World Record) I replied to one of their emails to take me off their email list. They responded petulantly by sending me 6 quick emails but then removed me from their email AND mailing list.

I never need to hear from them again. Sure they can charge what they want. And the term "gouging" does have a meaning.

How's that? I haven't heard anyone calling for the government to shut down CTD or redistribute their profits. Just how is it anti-capitalist to warn others about an unethical business that is trolling for suckers to rip off?

It isn't. I specifically said "Letting your less experienced friends know that their prices are way out of line is helpful".

Back in the great ammo blight of '35, legend has it you'd get thumped with a shillelagh if you didn't come home with an elk killed with a Crackshot rifle and your one allotted round of .22lr.
With the many thousands of rounds each household has these days, I'd just adopt that attitude and calm with the machinegunning. lol kinda

What's makes you think we aren't adapting?

We are collaborating and conspiring to never purchase goods from companies that cheat people and practice poor business practices. That's how capitalism works. We vote with our dollar, and with any luck. CTD will feel the sting of public dissatisfaction and other companies will learn from their fate.

Capitalism is a two way street.

So here's a question, I was on the CTD site and they have surplus 7.62x54R 400 rd cans for 80-90 bucks, I haven't seen a local deal like that or another site, which could be due to my lack of searching..but anyhow, if this is a horrible deal can someone point me at a better/comprable one?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top