JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That made me stop to wonder. When did they stop putting ashtrays in vehicles? When I stopped to think about it there must be a lot of people now who would not know what that was if they saw one in an older car. I can't for the life of me remember my last car that still had one.
1985 Subaru GL I had back in '85 had an ashtray. That was the car I owned/drive when I quit smoking…

Don't recall the '88 Volvo 740 GLE wagon having an ashtray…

'02 Buick Century did have one and a lighter too!!!

Last Edited:
First of all if you have a standard shift vehicle you are golden second if you have a standard shift vehicle and a high point you would be extra golden !
But people would say, "oh that's interesting, that guy's driving around in a jeep with a stick shift" vs "oh that's interesting, that guy is carrying around a holster filled with dog bubblegum."

Last Edited:
This article from Pdx news station today is why you need to be ready Imo if some road rager opens his door to get out.

A similar thing happened to me some months back. A psycho ran a red light, turned right from my left (in a left turned only lane), went around me into oncoming lanes, then pulled in front of me. He opens his door like he was getting out. At that point I set my bufferless AR pistol in my lap and was ready if he approached my car with a weapon. Didn't have to use it thank goodness. If someone makes a move like they are getting out you need to be ready Imo, whether that means using the gas pedal or weapon or whatever depends on the situation. I'm not saying anything about this guys actions (himself getting out of the car which imo is almost never wise), just saying one has to be ready at a second's notice.

DC5D092A-2CDA-4B18-A6FF-72A6573DACB0.png

8E06FD52-71E5-45FF-B97D-72552BA5AF46.png

This article from Pdx news station today is why you need to be ready Imo if some road rager opens his door to get out.

A similar thing happened to me some months back. A psycho ran a red light, turned right from my left (in a left turned only lane), went around me into oncoming lanes, then pulled in front of me. He opens his door like he was getting out. At that point I set my bufferless AR pistol in my lap and was ready if he approached my car with a weapon. Didn't have to use it thank goodness. If someone makes a move like they are getting out you need to be ready Imo, whether that means using the gas pedal or weapon or whatever depends on the situation. I'm not saying anything about this guys actions (himself getting out of the car which imo is almost never wise), just saying one has to be ready at a second's notice.

View attachment 1778573

View attachment 1778574
Wouldn't an AR "pistol" make you look like you were out looking for trouble since it's generally not carried concealed on your person all day long and special effort is required to transport and or maintain security of the weapon.. especially for those without a garage or something?
Just curious.

Wouldn't an AR "pistol" make you look like you were out looking for trouble since it's generally not carried concealed on your person all day long and special effort is required to transport and or maintain security of the weapon.. especially for those without a garage or something?
Just curious.
No one could see it.

If you are talking about "it looks scary" then don't use hollow points, don't practice shooting, don't carry an extra mag cuz prosecutor will say you are looking for a fight and training to kill poeple. Also don't carry a knife over 2", don't carry pepper spray, don't have a red dot, don't know anything at all about guns, etc etc. Nothing wrong with having a truck gun in the vehicle in addition to your edc IMO. Also I should note I have cameras front and rear that would record everything which can be a HUGE help to show you are defending against an attacker, not initiating a conflict.

Last Edited:
Depends on the car jacking I guess. I'd like to think I would react the best way in every situation but of course that's not reality.
If a weapon is involved then if the situation allows it I would defend myself and my family. But a car is not worth my life or anyone's life for that matter… at least how I see it.

Depends on the car jacking I guess. I'd like to think I would react the best way in every situation but of course that's not reality.
If a weapon is involved then if the situation allows it I would defend myself and my family. But a car is not worth my life or anyone's life for that matter… at least how I see it.
When you're left defenseless in hyenatown with perhaps only your shoes to your name you'll be picked off and torn to shreds, with them pocketing your balloon knot for their self pleasure at their leisure.. at least how I see it.

Self preservation is paramount.

Sometime the trash just needs to be taken out…

1985 Subaru GL I had back in '85 had an ashtray. That was the car I owned/drive when I quit smoking…

Don't recall the '88 Volvo 740 GLE wagon having an ashtray…

'02 Buick Century did have one and a lighter too!!!
My '98 Forester has an ashtray, though at the moment I'm drawing a blank on whether or not it has a lighter.

So I was stuck in a traffic jam caused by a bridge lift on Lake Washington in my '65 Mustang. Used the lighter to hot knife some Hash I'd brought back on Wes-Pac. Girl in the car next to me noticed and we both got baked until traffic started to move again. I don't know who she was or where she went but I'll bet she enjoyed her journey a little better after meeting me.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews