JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I think the driver missed one of the perps on his way out?

BTDT - I missed too.

When I was a teen (17) there was a kerfuffle on a rural road where a group of other teens, intent on causing harm to one of us and basically kidnapping an ex-GF of the one of the other group, tried to stop me (in my car) after I got the girls into my car with the goal of getting them away from harm. One of the group pointed a gun at me from the middle of the road and I pointed my car at him and stepped on the gas.
I missed because he jumped aside.

I drive a 48 WIllys jeep with 4 shift lever and 3 of them have a neutral position. I can also hit a hidden fuel pump shut off switch when exiting the vehicle. And if I just turn the key off with the VERY non typical starter button chances are no methhead will be able to restart it.

This is what you want: ;) :p

71FB057D-0F70-4CF5-BCA5-2469AA1CDD18.jpeg B4FACCD5-E075-4C02-908C-027BC1D7B87B.png

It does not have an ashtray. Which is clearly due to communist influence in automotive design.
That made me stop to wonder. When did they stop putting ashtrays in vehicles? When I stopped to think about it there must be a lot of people now who would not know what that was if they saw one in an older car. I can't for the life of me remember my last car that still had one.

That made me stop to wonder. When did they stop putting ashtrays in vehicles? When I stopped to think about it there must be a lot of people now who would not know what that was if they saw one in an older car. I can't for the life of me remember my last car that still had one.
Its a change holder now.

Its a change holder now.
Wife always uses one of the cup holders for that. Every time I get in the car she uses a lot there is always at least $5 in bills and change in one of the cup holders. Have to guess from her stopping at some drive through for something to drink. I still can't remember for sure last car I had with an actual ashtray. Thinking it has to be maybe last early 70's car or truck last time I remember seeing one. Been so long seeing one would make me do a double take. :D

I heard they replaced them with magazine holders...

I don't think the car i got new in 2006 had an ashtray, but I could have ordered one as an option. My 2018 I don't think had that option. so somewhere in between?

I don't think the car i got new in 2006 had an ashtray, but I could have ordered one as an option. My 2018 I don't think had that option. so somewhere in between?
Thinking back at last few "older" cars. 03 Jeep did not have one. 92 Jeep did not have one. Had a late 80's Blazer for a long time that was a spare car and its been so long I can't remember if it still had one. The 03 they had by then started putting the "lighter outlet" in both the front and back but of course no lighter in them. Next time I get in an older car I will find myself looking to see if the damn thing still has one now. When they did that show "Mad Men" that was the first thing I got a kick out of. Them showing everyone smoking everywhere. Especially the one where the woman is in to see her Doctor and he walks in the exam room smoking. Lot of people now days would be shocked to see that :s0140:

Thinking back at last few "older" cars. 03 Jeep did not have one. 92 Jeep did not have one. Had a late 80's Blazer for a long time that was a spare car and its been so long I can't remember if it still had one. The 03 they had by then started putting the "lighter outlet" in both the front and back but of course no lighter in them. Next time I get in an older car I will find myself looking to see if the damn thing still has one now. When they did that show "Mad Men" that was the first thing I got a kick out of. Them showing everyone smoking everywhere. Especially the one where the woman is in to see her Doctor and he walks in the exam room smoking. Lot of people now days would be shocked to see that :s0140:
Yeah my uncle found a cache of old family films recorded with a small camera in the 50s and 60s. Everyone was lighting up. Everyone. Also recall in undergrad circa 93 being in an older section of the university, and there were a bunch of classrooms that still had student desks featuring ashtrays. But I'm sure those were purchased at least two decades earlier.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top