JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My go-to was close: Schlitz Malt Liquor (The Bull). I don't know if they even make it anymore. Like you said - I wonder if I would still like it. My guess is "probably not".

It costs a little more than it used to:

Colt 45 is still around too:

Grew up on Rainier Beer, although i wasn't turning down cheaper beers. I ordered a Rainier in Vancouver B.C. - imported, 5.5% alcohol.

I will still drink it, but now prefer Grolsch beer and Corona. IPA's are where my taste buds land when I can't find any bearded clams.

It costs a little more than it used to:

Colt 45 is still around too:
I don't remember Colt 45 coming in 24oz. cans but at $2.99 that's not bad! I don't plan on going to Denver any time soon unfortunately.

IMG_2349.jpeg

My go-to during my university days. I haven't seen this available anywhere in years. I wonder if I would still like it.

View attachment 1871261
My go-to was close: Schlitz Malt Liquor (The Bull). I don't know if they even make it anymore. Like you said - I wonder if I would still like it. My guess is "probably not".
I remember in high school we used to get Colt 45, the Bull, or Olde English 800 in the big bottles. We'd drive around with the windows rolled up and the heat on high to really set the buzz in good. Best part of it was I turned 18 six weeks before the State upped the age to 21 on New Years Day 1978, and was grandfathered in. As a result of that fortuitousness, I suddenly became extra popular in the second semester of my senior year... :)

I remember in high school we used to get Colt 45, the Bull, or Olde English 800 in the big bottles. We'd drive around with the windows rolled up and the heat on high to really set the buzz in good. Best part of it was I turned 18 six weeks before the State upped the age to 21 on New Years Day 1978, and was grandfathered in. As a result of that fortuitousness, I suddenly became extra popular in the second semester of my senior year... :)

🎶 Olde English 800, it is the powah! 🎶

My go-to during my university days. I haven't seen this available anywhere in years. I wonder if I would still like it.

View attachment 1871261
HAHAHA, good old Colt 45. when I was a young lad a truckload of the stuff crashed on Cow Canyon about 15 miles north of Madras. when they went to clean up the mess they were discarding the dented and scuffed-up cans so they were free for the taking and boy did we take, literally pickup loads of the stuff. one time we had a party out on the grasslands where there was an 8 ft. stock tank with 1000 cans of Colt 45 bobbing around in it with a few blocks of ice when a deputy sheriff showed up. "it was Pete the cool cop" he looked in the tank, shook his head and said he didn't want to see any of us in town later and to clean up the mess and drove off.

Lemme guess, you were the star of every teenaged HS bachelor sausage party………

;) :s0140:

When I was in high school I hated alcohol. Basically would not touch the stuff as the taste was awful. I always assumed it was the taste of the alcohol itself I hated. It was not until my mid 20s that someone introduced me to a fine sipping whiskey which I absolutely loved. Turns out all my HS friends just drank bubblegum, and if you spent just a little bit more you could buy stuff off of not the bottom shelf that I would actually enjoy.

So that is how I went from being the resident teetotaler to the guy who brought over the good hard liquor.

The next step in that evolution was finding out that I can't get drunk. All through HS it was a game to try and find out "what is lucus like drunk?" by trying to spike my drinks. . . With absolute garbage that you could not hide in anything. Which obviously did not work because I could always taste the bubblegum. Now that I had good stuff available the challenge was on, and I would match my buddies drink for drink. . . until they gave up (willingly or physically).

Turns out I have a genetic condition where I process alcohol at about twice the rate of a normal person, and that means I have to drink a lot very fast in order to get even a decent buzz going, and those will only last 15 to 20 minutes before wearing thin. My wife even got me a little breathalyzer to play with so we could track my lack of fun. The highest I have ever gotten it is a .076. And yes, we know it is not broken because I have a buddy who can routinely get it over .1 and for most people it tracks the BAC charts decently well. The time I got to .076 was a lot of work because I start getting queasy from being too full of liquid before I start getting even legally drunk, let alone drunk drunk. Finding a line where I can keep my BAC going up without feeling like I am going to hurl from being too bloated full of liquid is tricky. It is hard to drink a liter of anything in under an hour without feeling just a bit too full.

Of course this also means I still get to be the designated driver, because I can be stone cold sober as long as I stop drinking about 30 minuets before we all head home.

Interestingly my waif of a sister has the same condition I have and she can out-drink men twice her mass. It's a neat superpower until you realize that chronic drinking will kill us dead in very short order because our bodies will tears themselves apart trying to process all the alcohol as fast as it comes in. We both do carefully moderate our drinking (especially the heavy sessions) to give our liver and lymphatic system time to recover.

All this is to say; I bet I can drink anyone here under the table and still manage to play a decent round of poker after the fact. How many bottles can you keep down?

Turns out all my HS friends just drank bubblegum, and if you spent just a little bit more you could buy stuff off of not the bottom shelf that I would actually enjoy.
In HS we would straight shoot Black Velvet and chase it with Mickeys beer in the wide mouth bottles. I wouldn't say we actually enjoyed it, but it got the job done. Just the thought of it now: 🤢🤮

When I was in high school I hated alcohol. Basically would not touch the stuff as the taste was awful. I always assumed it was the taste of the alcohol itself I hated. It was not until my mid 20s that someone introduced me to a fine sipping whiskey which I absolutely loved. Turns out all my HS friends just drank bubblegum, and if you spent just a little bit more you could buy stuff off of not the bottom shelf that I would actually enjoy.

So that is how I went from being the resident teetotaler to the guy who brought over the good hard liquor.

The next step in that evolution was finding out that I can't get drunk. All through HS it was a game to try and find out "what is lucus like drunk?" by trying to spike my drinks. . . With absolute garbage that you could not hide in anything. Which obviously did not work because I could always taste the bubblegum. Now that I had good stuff available the challenge was on, and I would match my buddies drink for drink. . . until they gave up (willingly or physically).

Turns out I have a genetic condition where I process alcohol at about twice the rate of a normal person, and that means I have to drink a lot very fast in order to get even a decent buzz going, and those will only last 15 to 20 minutes before wearing thin. My wife even got me a little breathalyzer to play with so we could track my lack of fun. The highest I have ever gotten it is a .076. And yes, we know it is not broken because I have a buddy who can routinely get it over .1 and for most people it tracks the BAC charts decently well. The time I got to .076 was a lot of work because I start getting queasy from being too full of liquid before I start getting even legally drunk, let alone drunk drunk. Finding a line where I can keep my BAC going up without feeling like I am going to hurl from being too bloated full of liquid is tricky. It is hard to drink a liter of anything in under an hour without feeling just a bit too full.

Of course this also means I still get to be the designated driver, because I can be stone cold sober as long as I stop drinking about 30 minuets before we all head home.

Interestingly my waif of a sister has the same condition I have and she can out-drink men twice her mass. It's a neat superpower until you realize that chronic drinking will kill us dead in very short order because our bodies will tears themselves apart trying to process all the alcohol as fast as it comes in. We both do carefully moderate our drinking (especially the heavy sessions) to give our liver and lymphatic system time to recover.

All this is to say; I bet I can drink anyone here under the table and still manage to play a decent round of poker after the fact. How many bottles can you keep down?
Keep it to the cliff notes

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top