JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If by some miracle they find suitcases full of No Votes, I will revise my buying and selling guidelines.

These are my self imposed guidelines that I will follow if Measure 114 restrictions pass.

All sales will be final regardless of whether a buyer is able to complete the background check or not. Previously I have offered to return the buyers money minus the fees it cost me to have the item transferred back to me in the event that they could not complete the transfer.

As a seller whenever possible, I will sell frames and receivers separate from uppers/slides. I may sell them priced separately or at a package price. This will allow the buyer to take home something even if the frame and receiver are held up by M114 restrictions.

As a buyer I will limit most of my purchase transfers to frames and receivers only, taking home any other parts not necessary to complete the transfer.

As a buyer I will quit buying when I suspect the queue is going to lead into the time period that M114 restrictions would go into effect.

As seller I will sell all firearms via commission sales at my local gun shop if M114 restrictions are in effect.

Last Edited:
As a buyer I will quit buying when I suspect the queue is going to lead into the time period that M114 restrictions would go into effect.
I would highly suspect there will be an actual cutoff date announced where no sale/BGC will be allowed to initiate without a permit and any in progress will simply be allowed to continue to their natural end.

I highly doubt a firearm purchase will be voided, the seller must refund your money and the BGC suspended/cancelled mid stream.

If you plan to buy, I would keep buying until the FFL's aren't allowed to accept your money, anymore.

I would highly suspect there will be an actual cutoff date announced where no sale/BGC will be allowed to initiate without a permit and any in progress will simply be allowed to continue to their natural end.

I highly doubt a firearm purchase will be voided, the seller must refund your money and the BGC suspended/cancelled mid stream.

If you plan to buy, I would keep buying until the FFL's aren't allowed to accept your money, anymore.
I am guessing OSP will have to come out with clarification on these issues. They should be sued to provide these answers if they do not provide them willingly. It could have massive financial implications for FFLs trying to make inventory purchase and pricing decisions.

I am guessing OSP will have to come out with clarification on these issues. They should be sued to provide these answers if they do not provide them willingly. It could have massive financial implications for FFLs trying to make inventory purchase and pricing decisions.
I would hope to see a large number of FFL's joining as co-plaintiffs in a law challenge almost immediately.. if it passes. It's clearly unconstitutional and they would be the ones to show direct damages by it. Can you spell "injunction"? :s0155:

I'm sure some of our national pro-2A groups are already gearing up to challenge "the most restrictive anti gun measure in the nation".

I would hope to see a large number of FFL's joining as co-plaintiffs in a law challenge almost immediately.. if it passes. It's clearly unconstitutional and they would be the ones to show direct damages by it. Can you spell "injunction"? :s0155:

I'm sure some of our national pro-2A groups are already gearing up to challenge "the most restrictive anti gun measure in the nation".
I hope so too. That is a big reason why we should support them more with our business. They are going to need a lot of help once the restrictions take effect.

I hope so too. That is a big reason why we should support them more with our business. They are going to need a lot of help once the restrictions take effect.
Yup. It really is a sad commentary in our state when a guy can have the food taken right off his table for trying to conduct a completely lawful business... the constitutional laws protecting his livlihood be damned... hu.

I'm not going to beg police, the militant arm of the state, to let me buy a gun. I'm not buying anything else moving forward and will live with what I have.

I'm not going to beg police, the militant arm of the state, to let me buy a gun. I'm not buying anything else moving forward and will live with what I have.
Sad but true, how many people are going to go out and purchase Levers, six shooters, 300 win mags and shotguns?

Not enough to keep local FFL's doors open.

I would guess due to demand that the folks with a valid ccw would get a pass on the permit requirements. Folks are going to be angry and the cops are being put in the middle of this.

I expect buying a gun is going to slow down a lot as a new system is set up.

I would imagine that this will eventually be overturned as it violates constitutional rights of all Oregonians. I know it doesn't go into effect immediately and there is still opportunity to make purchases. Even though it passed I would assume that things will remain the same as they are right now until recourses are available to law enforcement to actually hold these so-called firearm instruction classes.

Just thinking out loud, with inflation skyrocketing I won't sell a gun for money but then a lot of guys see their guns as an emergency bank account. It's getting difficult to sell in Oregon if 114 goes through, be a while before the system would be up.

Add in that the national election isn't going to stop the lefts destruction of America so there is plenty of reasons not to sell. If I want something I will trade for it but times coming when the money runs out for most.

If by some miracle they find suitcases full of No Votes, I will revise my buying and selling guidelines.

These are my self imposed guidelines that I will follow if Measure 114 restrictions pass.

All sales will be final regardless of whether a buyer is able to complete the background check or not. Previously I have offered to return the buyers money minus the fees it cost me to have the item transferred back to me in the event that they could not complete the transfer.

As a seller whenever possible, I will sell frames and receivers separate from uppers/slides. I may sell them priced separately or at a package price. This will allow the buyer to take home something even if the frame and receiver are held up by M114 restrictions.

As a buyer I will limit most of my purchase transfers to frames and receivers only, taking home any other parts not necessary to complete the transfer.

As seller I will sell all firearms via commission sales at my local gun shop if M114 restrictions are in effect.
I've heard different time frames for the measure to actually be upheld, is it 30 days or 180 days?

I don't think they'll be able to enforce it till they address the means of getting a certified class by law enforcement. I don't think there was a single agency in Oregon that was in favor of this measure passing. I'm waiting to hear what the Yamhill county sheriffs office has to say concerning the passing of 114

Linn county sheriff's already said they would not uphold the mag ban, but Will work on a permit system.

Screenshot_20221109-171235_Facebook.jpg

Linn county sheriff's already said they would not uphold the mag ban, but Will work on a permit system.

View attachment 1308429
Makes me happy as hell to hear this. I'm in Linn County but, when I do mag dumps in my back yard the people across the river in Marion County can clearly hear. I feel for them but glad we made a conscious decision to get outta Snailem and Marion Co.

Makes me happy as hell to hear this. I'm in Linn County but, when I do mag dumps in my back yard the people across the river in Marion County can clearly hear. I feel for them but glad we made a conscious decision to get outta Snailem and Marion Co.
Kinda bubblegumed up they will still work on the permit. Ofcourse they will, it's a blank check for them and they get to bubblegum with people.

I dont know if you actually read the law but them enforcing the ban on not would not affect you on your property. The ban is for new sales. This is just them saying somthing that doesn't matter because they literally cant do anything. What are they gonna do? Make out of state shippers take Oregon off their no ship list? Its empty talk.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top