JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't the Wa law include some nonsense about having to prove you bought it before the law went into effect?

I might be confusing this with something else, lots has changed in Ore and Wa in just the last couple years.
I really don't know...and not to be nasty, but don't care either.

Don't think the majority of owners could prove that. Wouldn't want to be the idiot person that tried to push that...

Didn't the Wa law include some nonsense about having to prove you bought it before the law went into effect?

I might be confusing this with something else, lots has changed in Ore and Wa in just the last couple years.
It would come down to them proving you committed a crime by importing after the law went in. So chances are slim if someone was not an idiot that they would get in a bind. I still just would not do it but have zero doubt many are. As always if you choose to ignore some law you are making the choice to pay the price. Chances may be slim but, it is a risk.

I tried to buy an AR end plate the other day.
Primary Arms wanted me to fill out and sign a PDF form saying that this was a repair part (or something like that)
I told them to forget it.
BCM has take Washington out of their drop down menu.

Just when I think that the Iron Curtain has come all the way down, they find a way to lower it even more.
The reason so many Co's act like this is they know our AG is not likely to go after any one person. He would wet his pants to go after companies though. He has what amounts to unlimited money to go after the Co who has to pay for their own lawyers. So many companies are looking at how much they make selling this stuff in profit, vs, what is it going to cost them if sideshow decides to come after them? Again it is NOT these companies fault so many shooters here kept their heads buried and pretended this was not coming. MANY of then now want someone else to bail them out of the mess they made and take all the risk of course. :s0092:

It would come down to them proving you committed a crime by importing after the law went in.
that would be easy with the serial number.
chances are slim someone would be questioned, unless they used the gun in a lawful self defense or had some other legal issue come up.

IIRC there was some attack on the traditional grandfather clause. Im not certain grandfathered weapons can be transferred to next of kin or something.

I have never yet seen one but when this crap started heard of it. That you could set up an AR lower to not be semi auto. Never had any interest so never paid much attention to how it was being done. Again not something I would even want to try anyway.
It's not typically the lower, it is the upper; https://www.recoilweb.com/first-look-troy-pump-action-rifle-121652.html

There are a few manufacturers of this out there. The most sketch ones just block off the gas tube and convert it into a "straight pull" "bolt action". It is recommended you do this conversion to a side charging upper, but I have seen standard charging uppers done this way too. I am pretty sure the idea is to legally transfer you the firearm for you to "convert" back yourself with a functional gas tube. Depending on your interpretation of the various laws these things are designed to workaround the reconversion might even be construed as legal. I don't think that is the case for the Washington law, but if all you need is a functional lower this could be a straightforward way to do it.

Legally...if he bought one out of state, it would still need to be transferred to Washington, which is a no-go.

If he can find a fac-to-face deal, then there's that...nothing more needs to be said about that kind of transaction.
That's interesting. Doing a face-to-face transaction in a state that allows it would, I believe, would still constitute as being illegal. WA state could ask the federal government get involved because the possible crime was committed inter-state.

If a person were to fly anywhere outside the State or country and purchase a substance considered illegal at home, bringing it home would constitute a crime despite being legal at the place of purchase.

That's interesting. Doing a face-to-face transaction in a state that allows it would, I believe, would still constitute as being illegal. WA state could ask the federal government get involved because the possible crime was committed inter-state.

If a person were to fly anywhere outside the State or country and purchase a substance considered illegal at home, bringing it home would constitute a crime despite being legal at the place of purpurchasec
Correct...but the first statement was about being legal...the second was not....was giving options on both sides of the coin.

that would be easy with the serial number.
chances are slim someone would be questioned, unless they used the gun in a lawful self defense or had some other legal issue come up.

IIRC there was some attack on the traditional grandfather clause. Im not certain grandfathered weapons can be transferred to next of kin or something.
Yes if it was made after the cut off or if the person bought it after the cut off and AG went and found the FFL. Again the AG here is NOT interested in chasing people. What he would do in a second is go after some Co or FFL. I have zero doubt a LOT of stuff has flowed into the state since this went in. People buying stuff in another state, often by face to face or having someone else buy in another and such. Again this is not what sideshow is after. If he ever does go after some person it will be someone who really tried hard to get his attention.
Now if someone who "imported" something after the cut off gets into trouble with the local law some other way? Then they may use that charge to stack another one on the person. Bottom line I feel badly for those who are newbies and got caught up in this. Those who have lived here a while and chose to ignore this until it was too late? Well hopefully a few of them will now pay attention. :s0092:

If a person were to fly anywhere outside the State or country and purchase a substance considered illegal at home, bringing it home would constitute a crime despite being legal at the place of purchase.
The AR or anything on the "list" is NOT illegal to own if you can legally own it. I could go to ID and buy another at my kids house. No FFL there would sell me a hand gun but if they sold me a lower or a rifle and I leave it there nothing. The WA law only comes in if I try to bring it back here with me. Then I am importing it. Again the AG is NOT going to chase people down. As much as some fantasize about this he has not got the time or manpower. Those who do import one here most likely would go on with life and nothing would happen. Again I would not and do not recommend it. I feel bad for those who are new and got caught in this but, most of the screaming and crying is coming from people who had ample warning this was on the way and chose to ignore it until it was too late.

...most of the screaming and crying is coming from people who had ample warning this was on the way and chose to ignore it until it was too late.
I got family members in this camp and now wants me to sell them my ARs. I gave them plenty of warnings, choices and options for getting one but now they're asking me to commit a crime. No thanks. Just get a shotgun if you really need a home defense weapon.

I got family members in this camp and now wants me to sell them my ARs. I gave them plenty of warnings, choices and options for getting one but now they're asking me to commit a crime. No thanks. Just get a shotgun if you really need a home defense weapon.
Sadly I now and then get this from people I have known a good while. Both mags and AR lowers. I tried to tell all of them. Many of them had never heard of any such thing. When it was going in I told them again. Again ignored. So now they are all hot and bothered and want one. 🤬
I tell them the same thing. MANY NICE shotguns to choose from. Being a BIG PCC fanboy the lever rifles in pistol caliber are great for around the home and fun. I would LOVE to see someone come up with a pump action PCC. Some fairly rare example around but, if they were to mass manufacture then they could get price way down. In the meantime? I prepared, sorry so many refused, sorry some newbies are caught in the mess.
This is a lot like ammo. Anyone who has been shooting a while has seen the panic shortages of ammo and parts to roll. Yet every time we have another here come the screaming and crying. SG is again having some nice sales (for today's prices) on common ammo.No its not the price it was before Joe started printing money to give away. Its NEVER going to be that price again. Owner is again trying to get people to buy while the buying is good. I keep ordering another case here and there even though I have no use for it. Because I know full damn well we will see another panic sooner or later. When we do? I will be heading to the range weekly while many who have seen this several times cry. Sorry but its getting real hard to feel bad for them. :s0092:

That's too bad. A lot changes when it comes to gun laws in many states. If you don't keep up in current events and the ever changing gun laws, you will be left with nothing.

Like the last couple of days in California when Newson signed taxes on guns and ammo and a bunch of other gun laws. Now, you have to pay 11% more on top of 10% already in place and paying for a permit to purchase, and sale taxes. Getting very expensive.

Here in Oregon, many people that are aware of changes with Measure 114 passing and now held up in court, were and still stocking up on guns and standard magazines. So, if you haven't got yours yet, go out and get it.

Washington's drastic gun laws has been in play for at least 5 years. Passing one gun bill after another. And now the AWB. Many of the people that are aware of these changes, stock up on mags and guns.

It's too bad for the new people that want to legally own a black gun.

It's too bad for the new people that want to legally own a black gun.
Next will be black gun registration then mandatory buy back.
And many pro gun folk wont vote then either. "Cause nobodys coming for our guns" except now they cant buy one....

My brother called me in kind of a panic saying he couldn't buy a lower in Washington state. Is there a workaround for this or is he SOL? I'm in Washington also but I've been out of the loop lately.
He needs to write his legislative/senate members and complain and say his 2nd amendment freedoms are being trampled

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top