JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last couple times I was at the range I wanted to ask them in the shop about this but they were busy and people are so over the top unfriendly I did not feel like taking the time. The simple answer is did your brother ask an FFL? The new WA law is a bunch of CRAP but, for now it is the law. So bottom line is still the same. Will an FFL here sell him one? Best way to find out is ask an FFL. Since anything anyone tells him here means nothing. If some FFL says no they are not going to care what someone here told him. I would be interested to hear if some FFL here does sell him one how they are going about it now.

My old FFL couldn't even get anyone to sell them REPAIR PARTS for existing AR's. That's what shut down South Ridge, p*ss be eternally upon Pedo Bob, all who voted for his ban and all who voted for them...

He could buy a manual loading AR15 in Oregon.
The OP is talking about WA so if I was him I would be real careful about buying something out of state and bringing it here. Hopefully this will be beat back but for now? I would NOT try buying like that. Now if some WA FFL wants to sell him one? Great. As has often happened in the past when I saw something coming I did try to prepare. Bought a bunch of lowers and parts. I "tried" to tell several other shooters to do the same and most ignored me :s0092:
Now every so often one of them wants to buy one of mine. I tell them sorry, I tried to warn you and you would not listen so can't help you now. Same with mags when it was easy to see the ban was coming and many would not hear it. :(
I do feel bad for newbies who never got the chance. For them hopefully one day we can beat this back.

Last couple times I was at the range I wanted to ask them in the shop about this but they were busy and people are so over the top unfriendly I did not feel like taking the time. The simple answer is did your brother ask an FFL? The new WA law is a bunch of CRAP but, for now it is the law. So bottom line is still the same. Will an FFL here sell him one? Best way to find out is ask an FFL. Since anything anyone tells him here means nothing. If some FFL says no they are not going to care what someone here told him. I would be interested to hear if some FFL here does sell him one how they are going about it now.
Yes he did ask a WA FFL. They said no. Just wondering if he could legally get one from Oregon or Idaho now.

Yes he did ask a WA FFL. They said no. Just wondering if he could legally get one from Oregon or Idaho now.
That I would NOT recommend. He can go to another state and buy. The FFL in that state when they see he is a WA resident may say no. Some may say yes. The FFL is probably fine as he is going by fed law. Now when your brother brings that back to this state he is violating the law and he has just showed them he knows he is. Now would be be in a bind if caught? Who knows, probably not. Unless he runs around and starts telling anyone who will listen to him how he got around the AG here and did it anyway. Its a risky little game to play. If he was smart he probably would never have a problem but, he is breaking the law and if he did get in a bind its real easy for them to show he knew he was. So again adult choices but they can come with adult consequences. :s0092:

Ok, he's screwed. I didn't realize the situation has become so dire.
Not to pile on your brother, don't know how long he has been living here and all. WA could see this coming for a LONG time and the majority of shooters here chose to ignore it. Little by little we kept getting hosed. Now a lot of them are really pissed off when they find how bad its gotten. Its a lesson for those in other states who are marching in the same direction. GET INVOLVED and stay involved before it gets this bad. Ignoring this stuff only leads to the mess we have now. If I did not have the guns I have now, or they finally do take them? They make some nice lever rifles that would be my go to choice.

Legally...if he bought one out of state, it would still need to be transferred to Washington, which is a no-go.

If he can find a fac-to-face deal, then there's that...nothing more needs to be said about that kind of transaction.

If he can find a fac-to-face deal, then there's that...nothing more needs to be said about that kind of transaction.
Didn't the Wa law include some nonsense about having to prove you bought it before the law went into effect?

I might be confusing this with something else, lots has changed in Ore and Wa in just the last couple years.

I tried to buy an AR end plate the other day.
Primary Arms wanted me to fill out and sign a PDF form saying that this was a repair part (or something like that)
I told them to forget it.
BCM has taken "Washington" out of their drop down menu.

Just when I think that the Iron Curtain has come all the way down, they find a way to lower it even more.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads