JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to pile on your brother, don't know how long he has been living here and all. WA could see this coming for a LONG time and the majority of shooters here chose to ignore it. Little by little we kept getting hosed. Now a lot of them are really pissed off when they find how bad its gotten. Its a lesson for those in other states who are marching in the same direction. GET INVOLVED and stay involved before it gets this bad. Ignoring this stuff only leads to the mess we have now. If I did not have the guns I have now, or they finally do take them? They make some nice lever rifles that would be my go to choice.
How do you know this?

This whole thread is an example.
Sadly gun owners keep proving over and over again that they want to keep their head buried and "someone else" is supposed to protect them from their own ignorance. We really do get the gov. we deserve. For a long time I kept thinking this would reach a point were a LOT of them would wake up before we became like CA. I was wrong sadly. Really miss how well off we had it just a few short years ago and hope maybe some day we can have it back again.

If people do not wake the hell up? Yes people like sideshow will not stop. They will take as much as voters allow. :(
I haven't been following WA much, but I know the ffl has to notify the WA dept of licensing and Local LEOs of every pistol sold.

Also yearly background checks for gun owners are mandatory as of 2018 but they haven't been able to enforce that partly due to no registry previously.

"(b) One copy shall within six hours be sent by certified mail to the chief of police of the municipality or the sheriff of the county of which the purchaser is a resident, or the state pursuant to RCW 9.41.090; the duplicate the dealer shall within seven days send to the director of licensing; the triplicate the dealer shall retain for six years."

Sadly gun owners keep proving over and over again that they want to keep their head buried and "someone else" is supposed to protect them from their own ignorance. We really do get the gov. we deserve. For a long time I kept thinking this would reach a point were a LOT of them would wake up before we became like CA. I was wrong sadly. Really miss how well off we had it just a few short years ago and hope maybe some day we can have it back again.
Yep, "I've been an idiot and not voted and ignored the anti gun law news, now won't you help me out and sell me your guns illegally?". Crazy.

Yep, "I've been an idiot and not voted and ignored the anti gun law news, now won't you help me out and sell me your guns illegally?". Crazy.
Kind of reminds me of the great LA riots after King. Heston said some of his friends started to call asking him for a gun. He would tell them go buy one. Got the "yea but there is a waiting period", to which he would say "didn't you think that was a great idea?" :rolleyes:

the elephant in the closet here is a lot of [politically] moderate gun owners dont want to be lumped into the "far right extremist" camp. The left has gaslighted gun owners for years that they are not trying to take away our guns, and to think otherwise is some far right wing conspiracy theory.

The truth is two fold. They really are trying to take away guns and its not at all a far right wing extremist ideology to want to have an armed citizenry.

the elephant in the closet here is a lot of [politically] moderate gun owners dont want to be lumped into the "far right extremist" camp. The left has gaslighted gun owners for years that they are not trying to take away our guns, and to think otherwise is some far right wing conspiracy theory.

The truth is two fold. They really are trying to take away guns and its not at all a far right wing extremist ideology to want to have an armed citizenry.
They have done an outstanding job of getting so many to follow along. The old "well I don't own one of those so I don't care". Of course sooner or later they get to the point where those people are finally stepped on and we see here the results. They get angry and blame everyone else and make excuses. :(

They have done an outstanding job of getting so many to follow along. The old "well I don't own one of those so I don't care". Of course sooner or later they get to the point where those people are finally stepped on and we see here the results. They get angry and blame everyone else and make excuses. :(
The left are masters at manipulation, gaslighting and flat out lying. Lots of people dont want to or feel they need to own something like an AR15 style weapon, I get it and respect that. But they are blind to the idea that they can just go buy a pistol or whatever -if- they ever need it on demand cause of some 2A law in the constitution protects that idea. The left keeps telling everyone they support the right to keep and bear arms -but- they just want "common sense" laws to reduce "gun" violence.
its a downward spiral.

Yes he did ask a WA FFL. They said no. Just wondering if he could legally get one from Oregon or Idaho now.
No, because an AR lower is an other, and similar to a Handgun, it cannot be purchased anywhere other than in your state of residense. You could pay for it in another state and have it shipped over, but the transfer must happen in your state of residence. WA law has scared too many FFLs nobody will accept shipment of lower.

However! I do know somebody who purchased a stripped lower from their ffl in washington state after the ban. I will not put the name here because, well, OPSEC!

I tried to buy an AR end plate the other day.
Primary Arms wanted me to fill out and sign a PDF form saying that this was a repair part (or something like that)
I told them to forget it.
BCM has taken "Washington" out of their drop down menu.

Just when I think that the Iron Curtain has come all the way down, they find a way to lower it even more.
Yeah primary arms asked me to fill out a form saying the VFG I bought wasn't going on a semi auto lol

That's interesting. Doing a face-to-face transaction in a state that allows it would, I believe, would still constitute as being illegal. WA state could ask the federal government get involved because the possible crime was committed inter-state.

If a person were to fly anywhere outside the State or country and purchase a substance considered illegal at home, bringing it home would constitute a crime despite being legal at the place of purchase.
I believe most states with face to face (no private party background check) have the requirement that you're selling it to a resident of your same state. This is not enforced obviously because they don't require anyone to ask for form of ID.

But it is mentioned in many states laws that it must only be sold to someone within your state.

I actually got a scary call 10 years ago from an agent in Nevada. When I lived in Arizona I sold a handgun private party to somebody on a firearms forum (apparently either he was from Nevada, or it ended up in Nevada). I got grilled for about 10 minutes on the phone as to who I sold it to and if I kept records. I said no, I sold it within the letter of the law, in the state I resided in, and I am not required to ask for ID or document who I sold it to.

I was told I may get a subpoena to court and to "figure out" how to prove I wasn't involved. I said okay looking forward to it.

Never did get that subpoena. I assume they figured it wasn't me because I told them "I've been back in washington for years and I haven't stepped foot in AZ in forever"

Edited to add- the firearm ended up being used in a crime. I figured that may have been clear but forgot to say that so I figured I'd add. They didn't really care that I sold it to somebody privately, they more were making sure that I wasn't the one who committed the crime lol

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top