JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a note. SafeLife Defense is not on the NIJ certified list , so keep that in mind. On the other hand, the DKX might be a part on the NIJ certified list. Some testing seems to indicate that M193,M855,M855a1 from 20" barrels are penetrating the Level 3 dyneema and polyethylene(UHMWPE) hard plates, although the plates stops 7.62x51 M80 ball ammo. :confused:

Just a note. SafeLife Defense is not on the NIJ certified list , so keep that in mind. On the other hand, the DKX might be a part on the NIJ certified list. Some testing seems to indicate that M193,M855,M855a1 from 20" barrels are penetrating the Level 3 dyneema and polyethylene(UHMWPE) hard plates, although the plates stops 7.62x51 M80 ball ammo. :confused:
Yes sir. The level 3 NIJ testing is only for 7.62x51. Many companies will do independent testing with other calibers such as m855, etc. I dont know of any solid uhmwpe plates that will stop m855 or m855a1, but they are not going to be rated for that either. Normally to stop those you will need a ceramic strike face. I don't believe there is any commonly available steel plates that will stop the M855a1 either, but don't quote me on that. Hope this helps. Stay safe.

Yes sir. The level 3 NIJ testing is only for 7.62x51. Many companies will do independent testing with other calibers such as m855, etc. I dont know of any solid uhmwpe plates that will stop m855 or m855a1, but they are not going to be rated for that either. Normally to stop those you will need a ceramic strike face. I don't believe there is any commonly available steel plates that will stop the M855a1 either, but don't quote me on that. Hope this helps. Stay safe.
I figured. I have a set of older Level 3 Special Threat ICW ceramic plates thats rated to stop SS109/M855 as well as the 7.62x51 M80 Nato ammo, as long as it has 3A backers/vest behind. I also have 1 Level 4 current plate, going to order a 2nd in a while after all bills and all finishing up the 6.5 Grendel pistol. Far as I know, the upcoming NIJ 0101.07 standards will eliminate the Level 3 rated polyethylene/UHMWPE plates and quite possibly also the AR500 steel plates as well , or at the least, downgrade them to the equivalent of Level 3A handgun armor or the area between the two.

I figured. I have a set of older Level 3 Special Threat ICW ceramic plates thats rated to stop SS109/M855 as well as the 7.62x51 M80 Nato ammo, as long as it has 3A backers/vest behind. I also have 1 Level 4 current plate, going to order a 2nd in a while after all bills and all finishing up the 6.5 Grendel pistol. Far as I know, the upcoming NIJ 0101.07 standards will eliminate the Level 3 rated polyethylene/UHMWPE plates and quite possibly also the AR500 steel plates as well , or at the least, downgrade them to the equivalent of Level 3A handgun armor or the area between the two.
Yes, very interested to see what the new standards are going to be. Looks like they are going to more of a system like the European ratings but i am interested if they will change testing protocols.

I don't know how I missed this, but the patriot prayer guy who was killed was wearing a bullet proof vest apparently. What kind is that shown in the pic and why did it not work?
7B65FD94-9594-49B0-BEB8-D92F168DE6B1.jpeg 1A18051B-E9A0-4235-9842-B2E5EF358ECE.jpeg

Thats no bulletproof vest. It looks more like one of those motorcycle skid armor
Ahh, maybe he was wearing it for protection of knife attack or something. I know there are pictures of him at the clackamas town center rally and maybe they show it better but if it's not a real bulletproof vest there's prob no need to dig for those pics.

Someone probably said "body armor"(motorcycle) and people assumed "body armor (bullet-resistant vest)" :rolleyes:
Source of image was daily mail uk so probably they just made incorrect assumptions (or perhaps purposeful mistakes to get views). They said he had a "helmet" but its a real light weight helmet maybe for paintball or something I would guess.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews