JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
There seems to be a lot of people questioning our ability to adapt to climate change. Humans have adapted to everything the earth and it's contents have thrown at us so far, why should we doubt that humans won't be able to adapt to future changes in our world?

To me there is a big difference between existing ( hard life ) and living. If climate change beliefs are correct and water hence food becomes scarce the way we live will change as well. We may out pace our ability to produce food for the number of people on this planet leading to wars and famine. I enjoy clean sheets, good food and my four legged companions. I would just as soon give up some now for the benefit it would provide in the future. I dont believe mankind as a species will die out completely - there might just be a lot less of us left. IMHO

To me there is a big difference between existing ( hard life ) and living. If climate change beliefs are correct and water hence food becomes scarce the way we live will change as well. We may out pace our ability to produce food for the number of people on this planet leading to wars and famine. I enjoy clean sheets, good food and my four legged companions. I would just as soon give up some now for the benefit it would provide in the future. I dont believe mankind as a species will die out completely - there might just be a lot less of us left. IMHO
Less is more.
Quality over quantity.

Believe it or not but life has been hard for most humans up until very very recently. That is something most folks don't think about. History of ancient climate changes and our hardships was maybe not taught very well in schools. Many seem to think the earth should put itself on pause so they can live their lives without change. I don't think mother nature has ever worked that way.

One can always observe to destitute homeless community to see how they manage. Not pretty, but plenty of examples for reference.

Believe it or not but life has been hard for most humans up until very very recently. That is something most folks don't think about. History of ancient climate changes and our hardships was maybe not taught very well in schools. Many seem to think the earth should put itself on pause so they can live their lives without change. I don't think mother nature has ever worked that way.
I see this anti climate change as being similar to the creation of the dust bowl in the midwest. Farmers during the dust bowl days knew what they were doing was unsustainable but they kept doing it until it became a catastrophe. Keep wasting the resources and we have only ourselves to blame. We came back from the dust bowl and learned from it - I only hope we are so lucky. One thing that I am fairly sure of is that I will be a memory in another twenty years if I am lucky but I doubt I will ever see it go back to "normal"

I see this anti climate change as being similar to the creation of the dust bowl in the midwest. Farmers during the dust bowl days knew what they were doing was unsustainable but they kept doing it until it became a catastrophe. Keep wasting the resources and we have only ourselves to blame. We came back from the dust bowl and learned from it - I only hope we are so lucky. One thing that I am fairly sure of is that I will be a memory in another twenty years if I am lucky but I doubt I will ever see it go back to "normal"
On the plus side, at the rate the ocean is rising you won't notice any change in sea levels over the next 20 years either.

On the plus side, at the rate the ocean is rising you won't notice any change in sea levels over the next 20 years either.
Algore, Barry and Brandon all own beachfront property….one would think they'd be buying lots up in the Himalayas if their mantra of rising seas were true.

Yep if they can survive, I think the rest of us can survive a few degrees of warming.
It was 80 degrees and sunny here yesterday. It's 40 and raining now. I'm going to adapt today by watching Amber Heard tell us how mean Johnny Depp is/was. Maybe have some chips and Mt Dew when Mrs308 aint looking.

Algore, Barry and Brandon all own beachfront property….one would think they'd be buying lots up in the Himalayas if their mantra of rising seas were true.
I think they will be long gone before waves are lapping at their back decks.

"Not only is global sea level currently rising about 3.3 millimeters (0.13 inches) a year, but its rate of increase is also accelerating over time, by about 1 millimeter (0.04 inches) per year roughly every decade."

This whole thing is a bunch of male bovine scat. $20 worth of mylar place in geostationary orbit between the Earth and the sun would cool things down quite nicely (if indeed it needs cooled).
Think about that. A not very large sheet of mylar could cast one hell of a big shadow on the Earths surface and put the kibosh on the global warming crap IF they were serious about stopping it (assuming it exists at all).

It was 80 degrees and sunny here yesterday. It's 40 and raining now. I'm going to adapt today by watching Amber Heard tell us how mean Johnny Depp is/was. Maybe have some chips and Mt Dew when Mrs308 aint looking.
If you can read/listen to that crap, you ought to be able to adapt to most anything. :s0155:

This whole thing is a bunch of male bovine scat. $20 worth of mylar place in geostationary orbit between the Earth and the sun would cool things down quite nicely (if indeed it needs cooled).
Think about that. A not very large sheet of mylar could cast one hell of a big shadow on the Earths surface and put the kibosh on the global warming crap IF they were serious about stopping it (assuming it exists at all).
It sells a lot of electric cars though.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top