JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I
This is, quite frankly, stupid. "BLM" is ALSO the name of a registered non-profit that was created by three people. It doesn't control all the people that put BLM in their windows or on sign. No one owns a copywrite on the name. It is slogan.

Black is the uniform of antifa like stretchy pants are the uniform of yoga. Yoga is never accused of having a central command network.

Antifa is not coordinated. They aren't the Weatherman. They just go where they know there are rightists to annoy or riot police. Then they do heavily coordinated activities like throwing stuff or arguing.

Tell you what - prove that "white supremacists" aren't a single, coordinated group. They all say the same stuff. They all have light colored skin and guns. How could that not be a top down movement?

Who is the They you keep talking about? Because you keep saying "they did this with their whatever and they are responsible for what they did". You're the one that keeps assembling coherent groups out of nothing.

No, it is simply that Republican leaders are so unapologetically insulting to blacks that it is hard to imagine joining their ranks. But everyone gets to make their own choices: it is just a head scratcher what would attract minorities to the Jewish Space Laser party. And since there are really only two useful parties...
I couldn't help it, I logged back on because I knew you'd have something so good to share.

There's a lot of deflection, distraction and random assertions in your responses. It's an interesting tactic.

I previously used "they" to refer to people who sought to peacefully demonstrate, I clarified such verbatim earlier. I drew a distinction between those who maybhave genuined desired to peacefully demonstrate and others. Then you referred to "they" and I wanted to clarify who you were referring too.

You can go down that rabbit hole about white supremacy, I'll not follow, it's really irrelevant to this discussion, but trying to assert that white supremacy is at all associated with conservatism or republicanism is just wrong. There's an awful lot of people who don't fit the liberal view of conservatives and republicans (who are demonstrably always portrayed as hetero white males). If "white supremacy" was legitimately associated with conservatism or republicanism then there would not be strong groups of "non-white" Americans who passionately align themselves with those politics.

Now you are referring to some Americans as "blacks" - are they all a hive mind and all think exactly alike. Earlier you mentioned conservatives talk about (to use your words) "blacks" as if they are a collective hive mind. Do you consider yourself a "conservative?" Because you are now talking like you said they do.

I notice you also ignore completely the prominent speaker, Candace Owens, who shares in that interview and talked about a consistent theme of "the left" to see her as a skin tone above all other qualities and assign their pre-chosen inherent beliefs to her as if she is not an individual and capable of her own thought processes and decision making.

You gave Joe Biden a massive pass on his rather overt racism there in the previous video I linked. Had Trump, or any politician said to a bunch of white voters "if you don't know if you are for me, or for Biden, then you ain't white." That level of condescension and race based alignment with politics would not have been considered acceptable. It would have presupposed that skin tone dictates thought process. I wonder if Candace Owens is still black after she voted for Trump instead of Biden.

You can go down that rabbit hole about white supremacy, I'll not follow, it's really irrelevant to this discussion, but trying to assert that white supremacy is at all associated with conservatism or republicanism is just wrong
It's not wrong. There are a number of prominent Republican politicians that have attended, associated, acknowledged or outright said things that are white supremacist, and the party rarely does anything about it. And that's because those people are reliable votes. "Oh, that guy who threw the fundraiser is a Nazi? I didn't know that!" Whatever.

Now you are referring to some Americans as "blacks" - are they all a hive mind and all think exactly alike.
I have not said anything to speak for black people. Quote me.

You might be confusing yourself because you asked me why people think blacks shouldn't be Republicans. And I replied with what people that think that would say. That isn't a black POV, necessarily.

I notice you also ignore completely the prominent speaker, Candace Owens, who shares in that interview and talked about a consistent theme of "the left" to see her as a skin tone above all other qualities and assign their pre-chosen inherent beliefs to her as if she is not an individual and capable of her own thought processes and decision making.
I didn't say or think anything about Ms. Owens. But I did say that everyone makes up their own mind. So what are you talking about?

You gave Joe Biden a massive pass on his rather overt racism there in the previous video I linked. Had Trump, or any politician said to a bunch of white voters "if you don't know if you are for me, or for Biden, then you ain't white." That level of condescension and race based alignment with politics would not have been considered acceptable. It would have presupposed that skin tone dictates thought process. I wonder if Candace Owens is still black after she voted for Trump instead of Biden.
I didn't give anyone a pass, I simply didn't notice the link you're referring to. Biden is well known for his gaffs, and that is one of them. It is either racist or an extremely poor attempt to articulate the problem of supporting a party that has policies that are specifically bad for the vast majority of your group. Which would have been identifying "black" as an interest group with a shared set of specific political needs, like one might refer to single parents, rather than a racial allegiance that directs behavior. From this view, Candace Owens is not part of the "black" political alignment because she caucuses against traditional black interests, like voter suppression.

But Biden said something wrong, for whatever reason he said it.

There's a lot of deflection, distraction and random assertions in your responses. It's an interesting tactic.

I previously used "they" to refer to people who sought to peacefully demonstrate, I clarified such verbatim earlier. I drew a distinction between those who maybhave genuined desired to peacefully demonstrate and others. Then you referred to "they" and I wanted to clarify who you were referring too.
I have to say that you either think you can tell me that I said something I didn't, or you just aren't actually following what I write very well. You don't seem to be aware when you use "Their" or "They" multiple times in paragraphs to create groups that you then ask me about, even though we haven't agreed there is a group. That's on you. Please try to use proper nouns instead of pronouns like "they". You'll probably find it much harder to construct your ideas when you do, though.

Here's some proper nouns:
Supporters of the BLM movement
Members of BLM.org non-profit
Protestors
Property destroying rioters
Looters

Because you have been clumping them together and then constructing "they" sentences.

Last Edited:
I spent most of a year hiking and camping on land in the Coastal Mountains that was interspersed Siuslaw National Forest and Bureau of Land Management land. Every time I see BLM my brain momentarily thinks we are talking about a kind of land.

You can blame the arsonist who turns a protest into a riot. You can blame the protesters for having a protest. Or you can blame the guy they are protesting. Which makes the most sense if you have a burned building?

You're attempting to make a scapegoat of protesters.
I blame the protesters for creating cover for the arsonists. But that's just me.

Throwing tantrums is not a valid substitute for voting....

I blame the protesters for creating cover for the arsonists. But that's just me.

Throwing tantrums is not a valid substitute for voting....
So they shouldn't have protested, or protested in some other manner that prevents arson?

We had to adapt to global warming today on the way to Church 05/08/2022. Snowing in May.

E36AF7B8-6400-4657-BDD2-9C02F05D1D28.jpeg

So they shouldn't have protested, or protested in some other manner that prevents arson?
Last I'll say on this stoopid thread.

The legit, peaceful protesters needed to distance themselves from the violent rioters. Simple as that.

If you're in the car of the bank robbers, willingly, then you get charged in the robbery. It's as simple as that.

Sweet, they must've put me on ignore. Too bad, I was going to use their stuff in a thesis on confirmation and normalcy bias. What a tool. We have several left leaning members, but at least they can make actual points to support their view, and I respect them for that.
:s0090:

The legit, peaceful protesters needed to distance themselves from the violent rioters. Simple as that.

If you're in the car of the bank robbers, willingly, then you get charged in the robbery. It's as simple as that.
Most of them did. We're not talking about protests in a tennis court, but protests across blocks of city. The peaceful protesters (majority) did avoid and leave areas that were damaged.

As many as 26 million people protested on the street in the US. Clearly the damage didn't reflect a group that size.

Would you apply the same reasoning to the events of January 6th, 2021 at the nation's capitol?

Would you apply the same reasoning to the events of January 6th, 2021 at the nation's capitol?
Pretty simple. Those that went into the capitol get charged. Why would you charge people that were on pubic ground, and not in a closed area charged? And those that did break the law were held in jail, without bail.

Now I'm really done with this.

This was back when conservative didn't mean religious.
Sure, OK
It's not really an argument. The reason people get charged with two murders is the same reason people get charged with "carrying a gun in a school zone" after they kill 20 people. Added charges makes the sentence longer.
You can do better than that. DA's don't charge murder unless a person was murdered. Charging someone for the murder of an unborn baby means the charge is for the murder of a living person.
He took 5 days from the death of George Floyd on May 25 to denounce violence during protests, which weren't immediately destructive. So 2 days? May 31. Then again on June 2. I'll bet you saw that fake tweet that says it was August 30, right?
Nice try, but I don't do Twitter. Floyd was murdered Monday 5/25. Tuesday 5/26 police cars were burned 5/27 CNN made their ridiculous "Mostly peaceful protestors" comment with the backdrop of burning buildings. 5/28-5/29 increased rioting and looting 5/30 Joe Biden finally comes out of his basement to denounce the rioters 5 days later. Why so long?

So Jan. 6th doesn't count? What event caused millions of conservatives to protest anything? You can't have a protest that turns into a riot if you don't have anything to protest and just stay home.
What buildings were burnt down on January 6? How much was stolen? How many days did the January 6 riot go on?
Yeah, conservatives don't riot but generally they are too busy earning a living, paying income taxes, state and city taxes
There are no "BLM riots" or "antifa riots". BLM is a slogan and a non-profit that does not control protests. Antifa is not an organization, but a description of people that antagonize right wing protestors. I don't know who burned what or looted - individuals did that, not members of a conspiracy. What organization organized the LA riots, Jan. 6 or the Tulsa massacre? Same problem. No one group did.
BLM is non-profit? Yet BLM had the funds for a $6 million dollar "safe house"? Why did they say nothing about people rioting in their name? Antifa has no organization and yet folks all came to the same location and around the same time to start breaking stuff. Day after day for what was it? 100+ straight days? How do they know where and when to gather to hassle conservative public events if they have no organization?
The rioters of Tulsa and LA were mobs, not organized and not meeting nightly at a specific location and they did not riot for months on end. I know that there is no antifa headquarters but there is organization. Someone is deciding where to go and when. And someone is distributing that information.

And some of the damage was done by right wing folks who wanted to taint the protests. But who is ultimately to blame for every incident can only be determined by arresting people and getting confessions.
Yeah, I saw that link too. So what percentage of the damage do you think was done by these knotheads? We can deduct that from the overall cost of the damage done by the rioters of BLM and antifa, who, by the way, ,should have been arrested at the scene
And yet the police in cities like Portland and Minneapolis were held back by the leftist mayors and city council, so how many arrests could they have made? Do you think Wheeler et al were complicit with the rioters or simply too cowardly to tell the police to break the riots up? I think the latter but it still can make you wonder.
I mean, you understand what a riot is, right? If you want to blame someone for the protests, Derek Chauvin is already in prison.
Wrong again. Blame Chauvin for Floyd's death. Blame the rioters for the rioting.
Because we have a census and voter registration and social security and ID databases. US citizens are documented many ways.

Correct. It was a response to American 123. Are you ignoring his posts?
Did these 15 million go to schools, hold jobs or get assistance, have a place to live and they never needed a photo ID? How is that possible? I get that some people choose to be off the grid. But everyone?
Well, if you want to call observing what other people did last time and imitating them, then yes, they are a highly coordinated. But really, they are aping the tactical gear of riot police and the right wing groups.

antifa.com is owned by someone, and that person redirected to a number of different places recently. Why don't you ask the owner? It doesn't seem like a very useful website for people actually interested in joining, does it? Looks a lot more like someone on the right bought it.

BTW, why is it that conservatives love to talk about "individual responsibility", but then always talk about their opponents as hive minded groups? "The blacks". "BLM". "Libtards." Is it because they see themselves as having uniform opinions so they assume everyone else is like them?
Because we have individual responsibility. We pay our taxes,taxes, bills, our loans. OTOH, Listen to a leftist like Biden. He spends his time blaming Trump for the border crisis,, or "Putin price hike" for gas prices, despite the fact that his energy policies jacked up gas prices long before Putin invaded and now he blames "MAGA people" for the Supreme Court decision or whatever else is going wrong. He tries to pass the blame onto anyone but himself, The same applies to other leftist groups as well. White privilege is keeping us down. Toxic masculinity and Yada Yada. For the left, everyone's to blame but themselves.

Pretty simple. Those that went into the capitol get charged. Why would you charge people that were on pubic ground, and not in a closed area charged? And those that did break the law were held in jail, without bail.

Now I'm really done with this.
Yes! Exactly this! Why would you require someone to be responsible (or apologize) for the actions of another person on the sole grounds that they were in the same general area as the ones responsible for the criminal acts?

I mean, good for the Jan 6 folks, good for everyone else as well, right?

Most of them did. We're not talking about protests in a tennis court, but protests across blocks of city. The peaceful protesters (majority) did avoid and leave areas that were damaged.

As many as 26 million people protested on the street in the US. Clearly the damage didn't reflect a group that size.
Protesting is protected but has some limitations, in Portland a permit is required for a parade or public event. Proud Boys obtained permits and were attacked by antifa...I abhor racism of all forms; Proud Boys still has a right to speak without being attacked. Antifa is a NAZI style group of brown shirts who beat people with opposing views. Protesting and blocking public venues without a permit is a crime. I for one am tired of clearly biased enforcement.

Yeah, conservatives don't riot but generally they are too busy earning a living, paying income taxes, state and city taxes
What does that mean? The protests happened when a lot of people were working remotely, and some people took time off work to participate in something they think is important. If nothing is important enough to conservatives to take a vacation day, then there's your answer.
BLM is non-profit? Yet BLM had the funds for a $6 million dollar "safe house"?
You might have misunderstood. The quote you're reacting to is saying that BLM is a slogan/movement, and BLM Foundation is also the name of a separate 501(c)3 non-profit organization. What that second entity does with their donations and time has almost nothing to do with the 20 some million people that protested and the 55-67% of Americans that support the movement.

So when you talk about "BLM", you might be talking about unorganized protestors, a very specific BLM Foundation and its employees, or the 190 million Americans that state support for the cause. The protesters and supporters don't own a house.
Did these 15 million go to schools, hold jobs or get assistance, have a place to live and they never needed a photo ID? How is that possible? I get that some people choose to be off the grid. But everyone?
People didn't have photo IDs of any kind before CA put them on licenses in 1958. Most people don't live in a world of security gates and attempted fraud. It isn't living off the grid, you just don't need them living in more rural areas or if you are older and have long established relationships. I never get carded and only have an ID because I own a car. I've been using the same bank for 28 years. You don't need an ID to get a job, you need a social security number. Those don't have pictures, do they?

Wrong again. Blame Chauvin for Floyd's death. Blame the rioters for the rioting.
I did, but then somebody said it was the protesters fault for the rioters. I agree that rioters are to blame for rioting.

And yet the police in cities like Portland and Minneapolis were held back by the leftist mayors and city council, so how many arrests could they have made? Do you think Wheeler et al were complicit with the rioters or simply too cowardly to tell the police to break the riots up? I think the latter but it still can make you wonder.
I think many of these mayors and police chiefs realized that using policing to fight riots about policing was like fighting fire with gasoline. So they didn't. Their call. But I doubt there was room in jail for mass arrests on the scale you're suggesting, which means arresting, processing and releasing back to cause more trouble.

Because we have individual responsibility. We pay our taxes,taxes, bills, our loans. OTOH, Listen to a leftist like Biden. He spends his time blaming Trump for the border crisis,, or "Putin price hike" for gas prices, despite the fact that his energy policies jacked up gas prices long before Putin invaded and now he blames "MAGA people" for the Supreme Court decision or whatever else is going wrong. He tries to pass the blame onto anyone but himself, The same applies to other leftist groups as well. White privilege is keeping us down. Toxic masculinity and Yada Yada. For the left, everyone's to blame but themselves.
Yes, the use of blame is so refreshingly different than what you hear from Republicans, the party of aggrievement. I am always bowled over with the personal responsibility taken by millions of conservatives when asked decrease the transmission of a pandemic by wearing a mask or getting a shot. Truly, the party of civic minded heroism.

Protesting is protected but has some limitations, in Portland a permit is required for a parade or public event. Proud Boys obtained permits and were attacked by antifa...I abhor racism of all forms; Proud Boys still has a right to speak without being attacked. Antifa is a NAZI style group of brown shirts who beat people with opposing views. Protesting and blocking public venues without a permit is a crime. I for one am tired of clearly biased enforcement.
Sure, whatever. Like I said, if putting on a black clothes and saying "same time here tomorrow?" makes antifa a well organized machine, then I'm sure the mostly conservative agents of the FBI have had the organization infiltrated since the middle of Trump's term. Right?

Or are these water bottle throwing kids too slick to catch? Dunno. I wish all the various tactical vest wearing "patriots" of all stripes would F off.

So....

The OP is about climate change.....
Which is already fraught with divisiveness.

What we have here is failure to communicate ...in the words of Strother Martin.

Lets get back to the OP...
And lay off the snaky , less than excellent postings and comments , along with the political commentary.
Post within forum rules ...or the thread will be closed.

Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews