JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to demonstrate how easily a slung weapon can be taken away from someone not paying attention to get my soldiers to maintain positive control of their weapons and awareness of their surroundings. A seat belt cutter or small knife can put either of those weapons in my hands with the muzzle in the back of the person I took it from in less than a second. In public places without someone covering your rear, either of these weapons is a liability if it isn't in your hands. I understand the intended message of carrying publicly like this, but tactically, it's incredibly stupid.
That is a good point. Maybe there is a market for a sling that has steel cable threaded inside the sling material.

I used to demonstrate how easily a slung weapon can be taken away from someone not paying attention to get my soldiers to maintain positive control of their weapons and awareness of their surroundings. A seat belt cutter or small knife can put either of those weapons in my hands with the muzzle in the back of the person I took it from in less than a second. In public places without someone covering your rear, either of these weapons is a liability if it isn't in your hands. I understand the intended message of carrying publicly like this, but tactically, it's incredibly stupid.

Good info.

But in all honesty, even as ADD as I can get some days, wearing a long gun in public probably means I am as alert as a long tailed cat in a rocking chair store.

Although if it became a daily thing, you are totally correct about sleeping at the switch.

I changed my daily carry when all the stupid rioting started last year.
I now carry a higher capacity firearm with additional magazines.

I do not see the need to change back anytime soon. People are still continuing to be idiots. Head on a swivel.

I don't daily carry, I live in a pretty safe big city. I pay attention to my surroundings, I've spent most of my life in cities and know how to avoid being a target of crime that could escalate to being life threatening. As for mass shootings, If I'm going to hit the antilottery I'm going to try to get away and help whoever I can along the way. Nothing changes.

If I'm going somewhere more dangerous or traveling then I'll bring my full size pistol and a spare mag.

That is a good point. Maybe there is a market for a sling that has steel cable threaded inside the sling material.
Heck, women do that metal chain in the purse strings thing to keep a thief from cutting the strap and absconding with their stuff. I don't like carrying extra weight if I can avoid it. I like the Frank Proctor sling, and the Vickers sling. The Proctor sling is really light, still works good too.

In addition to my usual fnp45/p229 in 40, I alternate. I have added a 5 D cell maglite (aka the Rodney King special) and my own enhanced IFAK.
Well, at least it's not the Radio Shack Freebie :s0140:

A08578FD-A6B5-4EF3-BE23-D969EB1D4ECC.jpeg

Someone mentioned the policeman that was murdered/shot in BOULDER, CO.

That policeman was shot in the HEAD from what I have read. I do not know if what I read is the actual truth when it comes to 'reporting'.

So even with a body armor vest on for protection - he died.

May he rest in peace and all of the other people who died too.

Cate

COSTCO does not allow open or concealed firearms inside their store. I believe that they do 'allow' ON DUTY policemen to carry a firearm from what I have read.

Their membership application shows this from what I was told and read in the past ONLINE.

Some Costco stores have 'posted signs' and some do not from what I was told too.

I do NOT remember seeing a posted sign on our Costco store in the past. I have not been inside a Costco store or inside ANY grocery store for some time now. My husband has been doing the grocery shopping. He is in and out of ALL of the stores pretty fast. That is NOTHING new for him. He likes to get the groceries and that is FINE with me! I do things that he does not like to do when it comes to shared JOBS around our home.

The WINCO store opened up in our town too. He passes that on his way home from the gym on another street. He has shopped there fairly often recently.

We discussed getting rid of our Costco membership in the past and I do not know if he will do this in 2021.

One good, old MT meat market closed up. MANY other businesses closed up due to the 'virus' salami.

We do like some very specific COSTCO meat more than any other store around here. He knows what he wants and he speaks to the butchers there. He has them cut up or get what he wants from the back often. We like their roasted chickens too.

We eat my husband's deer, elk and fish too.

I don't eat much meat of ANY type compared to what I used to eat when I was younger too.

Cate

I carried a G45 for a while. Loved that gun. The 48 is just easier to hide. I prefer shooting a G45 any day over the 48 though. :cool:

G48 is one the most useful carry guns. Easy to carry, doesn't feel like a mouse gun.

The G48 should have come around a couple decades ago, I'm fully vest in G19/26 size pistols, mags, holsters & parts and that isn't going change. If I was starting out today I'd be looking hard at the G48 and G43X. As it is, I went with a G43 for my "sub-compact". If I was going to buy another 9mm Glock today it would be the G45 MOS, but I'm am having some lustful thoughts of a G41 MOS. The only reason I haven't bought one yet is because as soon as I do they'd come out the Gen 5.

Following the recent Atlanta and Boulder shootings, I'm just curious if anyone is increasing their load out on a daily basis?

NO. Not for my husband. He always had some extra ammo in his truck.

NO. Not for me but I don't own, shoot or carry handguns any longer.

BOTH of us do carry a knife on a daily basis.

He carries a pocket knife OR a small fixed blade knife AND a multi tool kit on his belt ALWAYS.

I carry a FIXED BLADE knife on a daily basis.

When we TRAVEL, camp and/or hike/walk in some remote areas... we carry rifles with us.

He carries a 45-70 and/or a 30-30 rifle and extra ammo.

I carry my CZ 457 Lux bolt action rifle in 22wmr and extra ammo.

We ALWAYS have extra fixed blade knives, a couple of axes and sometimes a couple of 'hawks when we TRAVEL, GO TO REMOTE AREAS and/or CAMP!

BUT he has ALWAYS had a very specific AXE in his truck with an emergency bag year round AND especially during the winter too. More in the winter time especially WHEN and WHERE he goes hunting too.

We are NOT loaded for bear around town but we still have a SMALL - specific amount of gear. He does not constantly MOVE IT in and out of his truck. Our range is in the mountains (A canyon.) and he hikes in the mountains on an almost DAILY basis too.

Cate
Typo!

Last Edited:
The G48 should have come around a couple decades ago, I'm fully vest in G19/26 size pistols, mags, holsters & parts and that isn't going change. If I was starting out today I'd be looking hard at the G48 and G43X. As it is, I went with a G43 for my "sub-compact". If I was going to buy another 9mm Glock today it would be the G45 MOS, but I'm am having some lustful thoughts of a G41 MOS. The only reason I haven't bought one yet is because as soon as I do they'd come out the Gen 5.
"If I was going to buy another 9mm Glock today it would be the G45 MOS."

Just at the start of the pandemic I was looking for one of these and they were hit or miss to find. Because I have giant monkey hands that would result in a pinky off of a G19, a Gen 5 G17 MOS seemed like a fine alternative. Threw a Venom on it and love it, but it wouldn't be easy to carry, but that's ok because I'm not an EDC guy. If I opt for a concealable 9mm in the future I suspect I'd go with the G26 because I'm a big fan of interchangeable magazines and only switched to Glock because the magazines run in my PCC.

"If I was going to buy another 9mm Glock today it would be the G45 MOS."

Just at the start of the pandemic I was looking for one of these and they were hit or miss to find. Because I have giant monkey hands that would result in a pinky off of a G19, a Gen 5 G17 MOS seemed like a fine alternative. Threw a Venom on it and love it, but it wouldn't be easy to carry, but that's ok because I'm not an EDC guy. If I opt for a concealable 9mm in the future I suspect I'd go with the G26 because I'm a big fan of interchangeable magazines and only switched to Glock because the magazines run in my PCC.
There's another good reason to stick with the OG mags.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top