JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No.

I carry what I have always carried.

But I am lucky. I live in a smaller town, so I can spot people that look out of place more easily than a true metro dweller.

I am definitely scanning the room and potential exits more diligently these days.

Why, are you not prepared already? What has Boulder changed?
I was sure I was going to get this response. You are correct, to an extent. The best EDC is the one that you will actually use/carry. I just find myself carrying a larger handgun with more capacity and capability as I normally lean towards comfort. Other than that, nothing changes.

I'm just too small framed to conceal a G17 all that well.

Things start getting truly iffy all over, I may just go IDGAF mode and start.

I don't see the point in keeping a rifle in your trunk, even setting aside the risk of theft. If you see a mass shooting start and escape to your car, then rush back to the scene, it will likely be over.

Or the police or a CCW will mistake you for the madman and mow you down. In some very remote areas where you will be near your car it could conceivably be of use. One of the Texas church shooters was stopped by a citizen who retrieved an AR from his home long before any police arrived to help.

Just food for thought.

I'm just too small framed to conceal a G17 all that well.

Things start getting truly iffy all over, I may just go IDGAF mode and start.

Hit the gym. The benefits of stamina and strength are invaluable tools if something goes sideways. Getting bigger to be able to conceal a real gun is an added bonus. :D
No changes planned.

Me either. No reason to change what I already carry.

I don't see the point in keeping a rifle in your trunk, even setting aside the risk of theft. If you see a mass shooting start and escape to your car, then rush back to the scene, it will likely be over.

Or the police or a CCW will mistake you for the madman and mow you down. In some very remote areas where you will be near your car it could conceivably be of use. One of the Texas church shooters was stopped by a citizen who retrieved an AR from his home long before any police arrived to help.

Just food for thought.

Good points.

How come when there is a tragedy some folks all of a sudden start to analyze and reconsider their EDC? I mean, isn't the whole reason to carry daily to be prepared for something awful to happen? No, another shooting won't have any affect on my daily routine. I carry what I shoot VERY well and practice often.

Last Edited:
Of course we have.

target-3-630.jpg

target-open-carry-1-630.jpg

:)

Hit the gym. The benefits of stamina and strength are invaluable tools if something goes sideways. Getting bigger to be able to conceal a real gun is an added bonus. :D

Me either. No reason to change what I already carry.

Good points.

How come when there is a tragedy some folks all of a sudden start to analyze and reconsider their EDC? I mean, isn't the whole reason to carry daily to be prepared for something awful to happen? No, another shooting won't have any affect on my daily routine. I carry what I shoot VERY well and practice often.
you mean being physically fit matters? Having a beer gut and a hi point pistol isn't enough?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top