JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking about getting molle organizers for the bed, seats, and back window of my truck (2019 Ram 1500 Classic). Is anyone using these? are they worth it? What produsts did you get? I was looking at Built Right Industries but am open to suggestions.

I actually build them in my shop. We use them in our work trucks. Seatback panels, custom interior panels, and am beginning development of truck bed panels for sides and behind cab.

I started making them because I saw what some other companies were making, and I thought I could make them better. Most of the ones I have seen are made from glass reinforced nylon or some sort of polymer. They are light, but have too much flex in them. I am building the internal panels from CNC-cut .125" aluminum. They are much more rigid and stronger than the others that I have seen on the market.

I currently build a "one size fits all" seat-back panel that can be configured to hold MOLLE webbing gear, or hardmount tools, weapons and other gear. Hangs from D-rings that slide over the headrest pillars and connects under the seat with lobster claws. All hardware is connected via 1" mil-spec strapping that is sewn by Tactical Tailor, here in the Tacoma, WA. area and are powder coated by another local business, Forever Powder Coating.

IMG_20210510_141045745.jpg IMG_20210510_141239995.jpg

I expanded on that and began offering custom interior panels.

I recently made a panel for the inside of a security locker for the back of a Jeep Wrangler. Came out great!

imagejpeg_1.jpg imagejpeg_2.jpg imagejpeg_4.jpg

I love doing custom stuff. Will be doing a panel for the hideaway cargo area on a friend's Tesla SUV soon. Am also beginning to model up panels for the inside of the truck beds of our Dodge work trucks. Still deciding on whether I will make them from aluminum or steel...

If you have specific panels in mind, please feel free to send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Thanks,
Jim

Last Edited:
I started making them because I saw what some other companies were making, and I thought I could make them better. Most of the ones I have seen are made from glass reinforced nylon or some sort of polymer. They are light, but have too much flex in them. I am building the internal panels from CNC-cut .125" aluminum. They are much more rigid and stronger than the others that I have seen on the market.

I currently build a "one size fits all" seat-back panel that can be configured to hold MOLLE webbing gear, or hardmount tools, weapons and other gear. Hangs from D-rings that slide over the headrest pillars and connects under the seat with lobster claws. All hardware is connected via 1" mil-spec strapping that is sewn by Tactical Tailor, here in the Tacoma, WA. area and are powder coated by another local business, Forever Powder Coating.

View attachment 1343801View attachment 1343802

I recently made a panel for the inside of a security locker for the back of a Jeep Wrangler. Came out great!

View attachment 1343804View attachment 1343805View attachment 1343806

I love doing custom stuff. Will be doing a panel for the hideaway cargo area on a friend's Tesla SUV soon. Am also beginning to model up panels for the inside of the truck beds of our Dodge work trucks. Still deciding on whether I will make them from aluminum or steel...

If you have specific panels in mind, please feel free to send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Thanks,
Jim
Those look amazing and almost exactly what I had in mind! I will happily be PMing you!

I prefer a bag because it's low profile, especially if it doesn't look "tactical". Plus it's out of sight out of mind if you get pulled over. Gun is not in plain sight so a LEO would need a warrant to search. Plus easy to grab it and go if needed.

View attachment 1343801View attachment 1343802

View attachment 1343804View attachment 1343805View attachment 1343806

Thanks,
Jim
Do anything rolling case sized?

Not if it can be seen from the outside of the vehicle. Looking through windows/windshield.

I guess location matters. Nothing "tactical" goes in or on my vehicle/person.

Not if it can be seen from the outside of the vehicle. Looking through windows/windshield.

This is not just a tactical tool.
We will marketing the truck bed panels mostly for tools and equipment, so it is secured to the vehicle and wont come loose on bumpy roads.

The seatback and custom interior panels are great for emergency kit, medical kit, tools, fire extinguisher, wheelin' gear, etc.

This is not just a tactical tool.
We will marketing the truck bed panels mostly for tools and equipment, so it is secured to the vehicle and wont come loose on bumpy roads.

The seatback and custom interior panels are great for emergency kit, medical kit, tools, fire extinguisher, wheelin' gear, etc.
I live too close to Portland to leave ANYTHING of value in my truck. Especially in open view. Guns, tools, kit, bags, med gear, axe, shovel, jack, etc.

I prefer to go unnoticed. Not saying it's a bad thing. Just not something I would spend money on. If I was going that route I would pay the money for a truck vault or something along those lines.

Now if I lived in the county (one can dream) it may be a different story.

I live too close to Portland to leave ANYTHING of value in my truck. Especially in open view. Guns, tools, kit, bags, med gear, axe, shovel, jack, etc.

I prefer to go unnoticed. Not saying it's a bad thing. Just not something I would spend money on. If I was going that route I would pay the money for a truck vault or something along those lines.

Now if I lived in the county (one can dream) it may be a different story.
Reminds me that I saw a guy at sportsman's warehouse on 82 the other day with what looked like two motorbikes or something in his bed. He was standing next to his truck and STARED hard at every car pulling in, for like 5 minutes. Then when he thought it was safe he did a circle around his truck and went in the store. When he came out he did 1 1/2 circles around his truck before getting in. That guy has been in Portland before ha ha. They will steal anything not nailed down and won't hesitate to do smash and grab or whatever.

Reminds me that I saw a guy at sportsman's warehouse on 82 the other day with what looked like two motorbikes or something in his bed. He was standing next to his truck and STARED hard at every car pulling in, for like 5 minutes. Then when he thought it was safe he did a circle around his truck and went in the store. When he came out he did 1 1/2 circles around his truck before getting in. That guy has been in Portland before ha ha. They will steal anything not nailed down and won't hesitate to do smash and grab or whatever.
Exactly.

We would only leave stuff in our work trucks if they park inside. I definitely understand where your coming from with theft issue. I am working on a locking mechanism for the hard mounted items. Not a fix all, but will help to some degree.

We would only leave stuff in our work trucks if they park inside. I definitely understand where your coming from with theft issue. I am working on a locking mechanism for the hard mounted items. Not a fix all, but will help to some degree.
Sadly a locking device will do nothing to curb the damage done to your vehicle in an attempt to take material goods. Even if your item is still there when you return to your vehicle the amount of money/time to repair damages isn't worth it. I carry plenty of gear but it's all out of sight and normally comes inside with me every evening.

Nice, one of my friends is the exact same way. For me its for securing items. I plan on overlanding and the molle system seems like it organizes and packs items well.

100% I'm in Vancouver but work in Portland. Besides the truck I bought one of those e-bikes for the commute when the weather is not so crappy and the first thing the owners told me is to park it inside as almost anything of value gets stolen... even in the middle of the day, from the back yard...

100% I'm in Vancouver but work in Portland. Besides the truck I bought one of those e-bikes for the commute when the weather is not so crappy and the first thing the owners told me is to park it inside as almost anything of value gets stolen... even in the middle of the day, from the back yard...
Yea. I work in Portland. Would never live there. Crime is unreal and there are no consequences. The burden falls completely on the property owner.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top