JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im here because I met Joe in 08. At a gun show. Trying to promote something. I didnt think it would take off, but decided to become a member in 09 after lurking around for awhile. Had a problem and the people HERE helped me work through my problem and then some. The people here have helped me tremendously throughout the years. Some are no longer with us, my condolences.....
I love this place. You guys are like my family. Ive met many of you and at the same time pissed you off. You piss me off too....just sayn....;)

Yep, I know. When I first joined you told me I should get more training or not own firearms.

Yes, I remember stuff. Luckily I don't hold grudges. :)

Besides buying and selling opportunities which have been most appreciated, I learn a lot here.
Not just about firearm related things.
Being retired, the amount or interaction with others has declined considerably for me, this could make my view of trends, ideology changes, or even just what younger folk think, stagnant, At least a much narrower view, were it not for the eclectic mix on this forum. I guess you could say it's how I stay in touch with the world.
Though eclectic, the core values are what sets NWFA apart from other sites, none the least are the overall integrity an ethics not just of the forum, but of a good portion of the members of which I can relate to, and feel comfortable with.

I ain't learned nothin. I was a true operator expert before I ever found NWFA. And you all know it.

Not really. I've learned one or two things while imposing my ultimate gun wisdom on this community.

Again, not really. :D

Darned @Certaindeaf :D

This is a place I look for ideas to spend money that I haven't even earned yet! I read about a new gun, or see one in the classifieds, or find some gadget that I didn't know I need, lol. In reality, this website has cost me several thousand dollars this year alone:D

I have few places to go where the folks around me still like the smell of burnt powder with traces of lead, that along with the targets that are never perfect until all ten are in the same hole, or where the .224 you were building becomes something of my interest, just because later you were so proud of the build you then decided to post the dead coyote you knocked off.
Or for the friend that hunted bear with me in a different time and place but understood and knew the meaning of following dogs afoot through the wood. RIP Salmon River John.
The verbiage written and admired by many provided by Spit Patch, friends like Sgt Nanbu and hundreds of other posts from folks I have read and have yet not met, one way or another.

Politics is a very small part of being here but we are still free to voice our opinion due to our right and freedom of the first amendment that is now imposing it seems, to so many others that just want to be heard there way and only there way.

It will be interesting watching things unfold as the world changes around us and time goes on.
As always it is a privilege to be here.
Silver Hand

Its like gun Tinder.

giphy.gif

All jokes aside, I've learned a TON here at NWFA. And I continue to do so. I've also made some really close friends that I know would cover my six anyday. And I theirs.

I've been ripped openly, convo'd some really horrible stuff and generally treated like garbage at times. But I'm still here, and even those that chose to wipe their arse with my name should know that if SHTF, they don't need to look behind them to know that this guy has their back.

This site runs the gamut. Reloading tips, shooting tips, advice/opinion on firearms, chainsaws, bullet weight, fishing pole, etc, etc, etc.

For the most part we are A LOT more civil than GlockTalk, ARTalk, 24hourcampfire, et al. Yeah, we can pee in someones Cherios on occasion, but for the most part we are civil to each other. At the end of the day (or "debate") i think we'd all buy each other an adult beverage and fist-bump (shake hands, high-five, whatever...) and either agree - OR - agree to dissagree.

This really is a good bunch, and good site, compared to a lot of other ones out there.

Thanks Joe!!!

:s0090:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top