JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I remember correctly about wwI and wwii, the dash to get guns was for defense of the British.

But let's not forget that if u go back far enough, the first move of the revolutionary war was to try to take the arms of the American militia, which lead to the second amendment (at least in part).

Last Edited:
Every Brit I know personally who emigrated to this country is a gun owner. Hmm. What do you suppose that means?

Two Brits who became friends got into law enforcement in this country and are now "gun folk."

Look at Iain Harrison, one of the world's biggest gun nuts, a Brit who lives in Arizona now.

I liked this quote in the article:
"The photographer found a family in Texas that owns more than 200 firearms."
Eh, pikers.
Some of us have that many from just a couple manufacturers (can neither confirm nor deny that only my SIGs and S&Ws may exceed that number...

I believe those went to France/et. al., not the British?
Yeah i was partially being facetious. Apparently we did ship them some. But who's to really say for sure.
I kinda meant it more symbolically than anything. Just off the top of my head.

Screenshot_2021-05-29-01-29-40.png Screenshot_2021-05-29-01-28-39.png

Not sure. Hawaii is a different animal when it comes to guns. It may be one of those ranges that caters to gun tourism with the Japanese and S. Korean's. Maybe @bolus can offer some insight.
generally speaking, a lot of Hawaiians, including many in my family, think differently about Hawaii's past and how it became a state and even how they feel about being associated with the CONUS.. like many, they just wanted to be left alone and feel that their culture was robbed and then put on display for tourists.(thats the short version) often times, 4th of July is pretty uneventful in certain areas over there.

im not speaking for ALL hawaiians. just more than a handful that are related to me.

yes, their gun laws are wack over there.

my response isnt really relevant to your post but i felt like sharing.

Last Edited:
generally speaking, a lot of Hawaiians, including many in my family, think differently about Hawaii's past and how it became a state and even how they feel about being associated with the CONUS.. like many, they just wanted to be left alone and feel that their culture was robbed and then put on display for tourists.(thats the short version) often times, 4th of July is pretty uneventful in certain areas over there.

im not speaking for ALL hawaiians. just more than a handful that are related to me.

Yeah, but its totally true. They had some tortuous stuff done to them as well. (Pretty sure it was Hawaii or NZ)
i would probably feel the same way and i sympathize.
The way things were don't back in the day it was common and totally shiesty.

One of my great great great.....great grandparents were the 8th settlers of Nebraska, living in a sod hut. They fed the Indians off their porch and were VERY kind to them. They knew who's land was who's. And wasn't even about to piss off the neighbors. They knew they were lucky enough to stay there.

One of my other great great's (etc.) Was born at Valley forge (Can you imagine!?) Im sure the ONLY birth there. Had ancestors that built libraries in Pennsylvania as well.
And then more recently "Euro mutted" out. :p

Blaah blah blah, me me me..
What were we talking about again?
(Sorry folks)
Enough about me, back to the topic..

Not sure. Hawaii is a different animal when it comes to guns. It may be one of those ranges that caters to gun tourism with the Japanese and S. Korean's. Maybe @bolus can offer some insight.
Everything looks legal in the pictures. They are sure trying to make almost everything pictured illegal though.

The issue of course is the registration, forced clearance from physicians, 15 hour hunting class to get a pistol (what?), pay the fine to be registered in FBI's RAPBACK (actually they just keep the money and haven't sent a record to the FBI which I guess is a win), no legal place to practice shooting on some islands. etc,. I dont bother to follow the bills and laws much anymore

Funny, the lieutenant governor is an ER doc right near me. He had to suture up a finger laceration I did to myself and he had to listen to me bubblegum about how useless the state government was the whole time :)

Yeah, but its totally true. They had some tortuous stuff done to them as well. (Pretty sure it was Hawaii or NZ)
i would probably feel the same way and i sympathize.
The way things were don't back in the day it was common and totally shiesty.

The corporate resorts in Hawaii still treat the locals as their slaves. I've had to threaten them quite a few times trying to overrule my recommendations on FMLA paperwork (federal law on medical leave that only a licensed medical professional can fill out). They fire workers who have medical clearances for leave, etc.

They are so used to having no one go against what they say that they just break federal labor laws left and right. The workers dont complain because of needing the jobs. No one can afford a lawyer either.

I've be 100% ok if the locals want to take up arms and throw those people to the sharks or one conveniently active volcano....

The corporate resorts in Hawaii still treat the locals as their slaves. I've had to threaten them quite a few times trying to overrule my recommendations on FMLA paperwork (federal law on medical leave that only a licensed medical professional can fill out). They fire workers who have medical clearances for leave, etc.

They are so used to having no one go against what they say that they just break federal labor laws left and right. The workers dont complain because of needing the jobs. No one can afford a lawyer either.

I've be 100% ok if the locals want to take up arms and throw those people to the sharks or one conveniently active volcano....
Sadly its been my experience that its like this most places. Most of the labor laws are geared toward the employers (somewhat)
I have a buddy who was fired from Bloeing illegally because he was arrested and has a ongoing trial. He has time and was using it. They decided it wasn't legitimate enough. Once the case is over he will get many years of back pay.
This happens ALL the time with Bloeing. EVERY experience i had there is they don't care about anything.
I had a manager tell me so much directly to my face. One day i was short on work and found over 30 jobs that had been completed that were flight control wires bundles and ALL were missing the required flame sleeving called out in the jobs notes.
Mainly its the management. Hacks from the top down.
Same with the government. Most people see it plainly and monkey see monkey do!

I should shut up so we can get back on topic. (Sry)

As a 5th generation Oregonian, nowhere near your cultures devastation, but I'm starting to understand what your saying!

We have a 2nd Amendment, the Brits do not.
There are liberal-minded fraidy cats all over the world.
The Brits are some of our best friends around the world.
That's what I know about this subject without reading that article.

The Daily Mail wanted me to disable my Adblocker, therefore I could not read the article.
A blessing, seems like.

offs. just follow behind my pickup after a range day. i bet you'll find a few that fall out between the bed and the tailgate
If someone went around my property with a metal detector, they would probably find enough .22 LR ammo to fill a 50 round box. I am always dropping a round or two when shooting. Of course, they would probably find more empty brass of all calibers than .22 ammo.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews