JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you're like me, you find it annoying when you come across for sale ads where it is clear that the item was sold, but the OP did not "close-out" the ad.

I come across these ALL THE TIME - especially when I do a search for a specific item - like a handgun chambered in 357 magnum. There are usually 5 or 6 ads in the search page results that are sold but haven't been closed-out.

When I find an ad where it is clearly indicated that the item sold I click on the "Report" link on the bottom left of the ad post. That opens a window where you can type in the reason for your "report". These "reports" are reviewed by Moderators. I ask that a Moderator close-out the ad because it is clear that the ad is sold.

Here is an example of what I write:

"OP indicates that revolver was sold, but did not close-out ad. Would a MOD please close-out the ad. Thx."

To be clear, I do NOT report abandoned ads where it is NOT clear that the item sold. Now, I know it's probably obvious that the OP either sold the item or they are no longer interested in the ad (for example, the OP hasn't been on the site in over a year). I suppose I COULD report those ads as "abandoned", but I don't know what the MOD policy is of closing out those types of ads.

However, when it's clear - somewhere in one of the posts in the advertisement thread - that the item was sold, I will report it.

I know that the MODS close-out these reported ads, because I've checked.

I probably reported at least 100 of these ads last year. And I usually peruse only about 4 or 5 ad categories.

If more people took this action (it only takes about 30 seconds or less each time), we could cull thousands of dead ads from the system.

Just sayin'.

TWYLALTR (Take What You Like And Leave The Rest)

Cheers.

Last Edited:
I have a few .357's….
IMG_6610.jpeg
IMG_6482.jpeg IMG_6494.jpeg

But they're not for sale. Does that help? :s0108:

OKAY!! I bumped my ads, that I'd totally forgotten about.
Some people are SO high maintenance!
But if not for that.......

:oops:

I have done this as well. Never checked to see if ads were still active. There are a lot of sellers here that are a one and done. They couldn't care less if the ads is still up.

Wait, we have a classifieds section?

Yes we sure do. Click the link to get started. Its either a Norton antivirus link, a website to renew your vehicle warranty or the new classified ads section.

Wait, we have a classifieds section?

Yes we sure do. Click the link to get started. Its either a Norton antivirus link, a website to renew your vehicle warranty or the new classified ads section.
:s0113:

@trekkerpaul , He was being sarcastic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews