JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"America's baffling but lethal love affair with guns..."
They do have a lower murder rate. . . BUT. . .

USA
Rape/Sex Offenses 29.9
Robbery 81.6
Aggravated assault 250.2
Total violent crime 366.7
per 100,000 pop

UK
Rape/Sex Offenses 207.9
Robbery 103.6
Aggravated assault 1,625.5
Total violent crime 1,937.0
per 100,000 pop

Remember this from 2 weeks ago:

Last Edited:
That's quite an insulting article.

America! Land of the free, home of the brave! Don't like it? Shut up!

(Un-watched)

I skimmed the article looking for the actual numbers and didn't see them listed.... did I miss it?

U.S. Population =
Number of guns in the U.S. =

I did notice that they used the Chicago excuse, you know... all dem folks buying guns where they are allowed and bringing them here where they are not allowed.

DailyMail = UK leftist antiAmerican rag!!!

It is interesting to note that all of the cities in the US with the worst rates of gun violence are in Democrat controlled states , which incidentally have the most restrictive gun laws. Yet the answer to the problem according to the Git that wrote that nonsense is more gun control ...

I skimmed the article looking for the actual numbers and didn't see them listed.... did I miss it?

U.S. Population =
Number of guns in the U.S. =

I did notice that they used the Chicago excuse, you know... all dem folks buying guns where they are allowed and bringing them here where they are not allowed.

DailyMail = UK leftist antiAmerican rag!!!

"However, those astonishing figures are deceptive — more than three-quarters of adult Americans say they don't own a gun..."
5bd0cb.jpg

Last Edited:
I love those pics and the people in them. This keeps the Chinese and Russians off our shores! Glad I'm part of the one-third that can supply my neighbors and friends with guns and ammo in case it's needed.

Question: Don't the British know we have this many guns because of them? Long live the Queen!

Something to consider here :

We have at least two members here on our forum who are from that neck of the woods.
One of which is very vocal about his liking for firearms and his dislike for firearm restrictions.

Lets not paint all who live in the UK with a broad brush...
As that is the same as saying that all US gun owners ( insert whatever here )....

Also please remember rule number one.
Andy

Two World Wars where the aftermath was that you ultimately lost even though you were on the winning side will in the long term make a limp wrist Sally out of any nation . The same goes for the French ....

Conversely look at the Germans not only did they end up losing two world wars , but their culture was castrated to the point that they do not even resemble their historical traditions anymore (think pre WWII ) . Less so than British even. Saxon culture as a whole basically took a beating during the early to mid 20th century that it has yet to recover from.

The British are still living at some level on mythical fumes of John Bull and Empire even though they gave that up in it's entirety by the late 60's .

My God... they used to rule the world...

The Brit's (and we love them) just need to remove that cricket bat from their backside.
well, then all the rugby balls would fall out....

I'm not sure which Britons were "shocked"- the Daily Mail isn't a "leftist rag", it's about as right wing and xenophobic as a tabloid can be- it's all pointing fingers at Johnny Foreigner with his weird customs, odd languages and worrisome spicy food .It's handy clickbait distraction from the generally crappy state of things. Except our comedy, which is still the bollocks. The irony is "Americans laugh at shock of Brits aghast at Americans"

2 Things- First a lot of y'all Americans are shocked at how many guns Americans have. The Americans I sometimes have to talk to, are surprised at how many guns I have. Second, because, it's generally discouraged over yonder, every brit that I've entertained has absolutely loved shooting my guns at, aptly enough, the English Pit. So we do like them, even if our wrists are a little too flimsey to hold them properly.

So, on behalf of my people, I accept your apologies.

Last Edited:
well, then all the rugby balls would fall out....

I'm not sure which Britons were "shocked"- the Daily Mail isn't a "leftist rag", it's about as right wing and xenophobic as a tabloid can be- it's all pointing fingers at Johnny Foreigner with his weird customs, odd languages and worrisome spicy food.It's a handy clickbait distraction from the generally crappy state of things. Except our comedy, which is still the bollocks. The irony is "Americans laugh at shock of Brits aghast at Americans"

2 Things- First a lot of y'all Americans are shocked at how many guns Americans have. The Americans I sometimes have to talk to, are surprised at how many guns I have. Second, because, it's generally discouraged over yonder, every brit that I've entertained has absolutely loved shooting my guns at, aptly enough, the English Pit. So we do like them, even if our wrists are a little too flimsey to hold them properly.

So, on behalf of my people, I accept your apologies.
Hey, I said we love you.
1) yes, I'm weird and yes, we can be odd but.... America baby. Come on, no other place in the world like it otherwise they wouldn't be beating down our doors. My wife is from Japan and is a bit of a pacifist, as are her friends and relatives that visit. However, they love shooting my guns, so touche'.
2) sorry about the wrists
3) I had no idea about the rugby balls. Whoa, impressive.

Dear Britain

We stopped caring what you think in 1776.

Kindly Eff off.

God save the queen!

Hugs and kisses!

Murrica!
dont forget the war of 1812.. when after we booted them out, they kept kidnapping our sailors AND FORCING THEM INTO SLAVERY/SERVITUDE!!!
we kicked thier butts twice in a row lol and then SAVED their butts twice in row.. so sad.
*cough* apartheid abolished in what 1996??
and we are the evil ones.
....sorry tac... your not all bad ;) but man it makes one wonder whats wrong with the rest :rolleyes:

Something to consider here :

We have at least two members here on our forum who are from that neck of the woods.
One of which is very vocal about his liking for firearms and his dislike for firearm restrictions.

Lets not paint all who live in the UK with a broad brush...
As that is the same as saying that all US gun owners ( insert whatever here )....

Also please remember rule number one.
Andy
Andy feel free to shut the thread down or delete it if needed. I didn't intend for it to head in that direction. Bottom line, our friends across the pond are just that, our friends. We've been there for them, they've been there for us and we will continue the friendship. Great Britain and her people have been our staunchest ally and they deserve our highest regard.
🇬🇧🇺🇲

Last Edited:
I knew a guy that had so many guns in rotation it was like looking at a tornado. He was more like a student of duncery.
ah so you've seen me shoot then? :s0108:
my friends keep complaining i bring too many to shoot. my defense.. yeah well im always buying new toys for them and testing stuff out like loads etc. lol
me: bring your own gun next time!

Does anybody know the status of British handguns and rifles prior to WWI and wwII? I seem to recall reading there was a mad scramble to get guns, almost any guns, when war broke out. As I recall they were asking civilians for guns too because they just didn't have them. Cant remember the source(s) of that info though, most likely Ian's forgotten weapons videos or C&Rsenal.

If there was a proportional and inherent link between the number of firearms in one location, and the amount of firearm-related crime, the United States would basically be a constant war zone. I always find it self-defeating when the anti-2A crowd point to the amount of firearms in America as if it proves something; in reality it goes to show just how much of a fallacy their implied correlation is!

Does anybody know the status of British handguns and rifles prior to WWI and wwII? I seem to recall reading there was a mad scramble to get guns, almost any guns, when war broke out. As I recall they were asking civilians for guns too because they just didn't have them. Cant remember the source(s) of that info though, most likely Ian's forgotten weapons videos or C&Rsenal.
yeah like so desperate we made the "liberator" and dropped that on thier heads. one shot pistols with NO rifling that was basically only semi decent at a few feet of range...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews