JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you invested in Body Armor?

• Yes

Votes: 105 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 88 45.6%

• Total voters
Having taken a shot to the plates at point blank, I can tell you, It ferkin hurts BAD, and will put you down and out for quite a while! Mine was a round of 7.62X39 right square in the sternum, knocked me to the ground and left me gasping for air for several min! I had a bruise for over a month and it still hurt for weeks after! That was Level Iv+ plate, imagine how much worse it would feel if that had been soft armor! That Armor had a dent in it about the size of a baseball, and about 1/4 inch deep! I would imagine a shot from any thing moving along at pistol speed or higher would hurt, and possibly take you out of a fight, at least for a while!

Well, we have some AR500 plates and civilian carriers in the closet with ready access if we hear a bump in the night.

Odds are if you shoot they might shoot back and it helps. If you remember to put it on, which we forgot the one time we heard a bump.

*Sigh*

Yeah, might have been a waste but I look at it this way...anything that might be banned it's good to get now instead of later.

And it has been on the antis radar from time to time. Thermal now that it's down in price is something to think about as well....it's on my shopping list in the near future. :)

10mm hot loads now that's how to roll. body armor might stop the ammo but the force behind it is what kills. double tap a heart and it stops

not necessarily, but sure its possible

i took three to the plates after flashbanging a f**k who got lucky pointing his weapon into the door way as i was gaining entry. it dropped me to my knees, couldn't breathe, i was disorientated and damn it hurt. But i was able to continue the fight though at a reduced speed :D

i bring this up as i agree with most i don't advocate plating up to save the day especially with first responders enroute. As most have pointed out, you would become the priority target to be neutralized and distract LEO's from the actual threat.
for me, i would only use it in a home defense situation. if it allows me to defend my family and home and take a bullet from a direction i didn't see then too me its worth it.

but i wont be wearing it to mow the lawn ;)

Southern California, North Hollywood, two crims with home made body armor with full auto AKs robbed a bank.
Shot a bunch of LAPD LEOs. Sometime about 1990. LAPD didn't have the firepower to defeat the armor. Cops went
to a gunshop to up-gun, finally took the crims down.
My recollection is poor.

Southern California, North Hollywood, two crims with home made body armor with full auto AKs robbed a bank.
Shot a bunch of LAPD LEOs. Sometime about 1990. LAPD didn't have the firepower to defeat the armor. Cops went
to a gunshop to up-gun, finally took the crims down.
My recollection is poor.
Yes the one dobad had sewed together coverage for his legs even. For a short while the place I buy my Soft armor from stopped selling to the public, you had to show you worked in the areas they wanted. They then stopped and went back to selling to all. Then I guess under pressure went back. Last time I bought a vest from them they wanted a copy of my work ID to sell it to me. Other places don'ts seem to care. I am sure a few lawmakers would love to make it so you can't buy it. There have been a few kooks go on shooting spree's that were wearing it.

0Z90PHe_d.jpg

Perhaps hundreds of millions, maybe even a billion or more people, maybe even several billion, have been killed by small arms wounds that can now be stopped by a $100 - $500 piece of equipment.

* Do you believe there is a general risk of violence?
* Do you train for self defense?
* Do you carry a gun for self defense?
* Do you have a gun at home for self defense and home defense?
* Do you want to survive a self defense encounter?
* Do you have medical equipment and training to treat wounds, at least until help arrives?
* Can you afford a few hundred dollars in your budget for life saving gear?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, it is illogical to not have 1 or several sets of body armor.

I have 1 concealable vest, and several variants of plate carriers and plates depending on if I am stationary at home, or if I have to venture out in a chaotic situation or WROL type situation. Some are level III+ and up to level IV, and a total upper body kit with soft and hard armor, extra kevlar over groin, sideplates, etc. Also have a couple kevlar brain buckets for home defense or patrolling in a WROL situation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top