JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you invested in Body Armor?

• Yes

Votes: 105 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 88 45.6%

• Total voters
Not to be a smart aaaaa, but where do you people live that you need body armor? Law enforcement for sure . Wow ,I would be afraid to leave my house if I needed body armor. Just asking.

Why have life preservers or life boats on an ocean liner? Afraid it might sink?

BA has the simple job of protecting certain vital organs from a bullet or knife. Enough people get shot/stabbed to make it worth looking into since, as I always say, you are not governments #1 priority for safe keeping.

Having options is still a good thing. 50 gal drums of water or a month of dried food sounds just as silly to someone else who will say, what are you scared of?

Not to be a smart aaaaa, but where do you people live that you need body armor? Law enforcement for sure . Wow ,I would be afraid to leave my house if I needed body armor. Just asking.
Body Armor is an additional level of protection.
Think of it this way, you have Fire extinguishers and a smoke detector right?
Both accomplish different things but towards the same goal.

Why have life preservers or life boats on an ocean liner? Afraid it might sink?

BA has the simple job of protecting certain vital organs from a bullet or knife. Enough people get shot/stabbed to make it worth looking into since, as I always say, you are not governments #1 priority for safe keeping.

Having options is still a good thing. 50 gal drums of water or a month of dried food sounds just as silly to someone else who will say, what are you scared of?
I think i get the point

Nope not for me...
Wore it too long while in the Army...in fact at times and certain places we even cached the armor , did our "thing" and picked it up on the way to the PZ....
That said , if one wants to wear armor...then wear armor...
Andy

Yes and no. Yes, it is on this year's preparedness to do list to acquire (Ⅲ+ or Ⅳ). No, I can't see wearing said daily. The purpose of acquiring armor for the adults would be to store it away during normal times, but have it available if things get seriously screwed up (e.g., major disaster when the rule of law has broken down).

I do carry each and every day. However, realistically, I can't see wearing body armor on a daily basis. I don't hang out with scuzzbags, don't use drugs, mind my business, and though this county is socially kind of a crap-hole (e.g., poverty, substance abuse, etc.), it isn't an active war zone either.

Have plates and carriers. I'll always pick up stuff on a deal. Used to wear soft IIIA when I repo'd cars for a bit. Armor stays on hangers in the gun room.
What's got me more interested are the newer ballistic shields. Prices are becoming reasonable and I can see these being much more usable in a shtf/HD situation. You could barricade your significant other or yourself in a defensive position or have a mobile "safe room" by keeping in a closet or under a bed.
Alpha Shield™
$300 for a level IIIA rated. But does better.
Alpha Body Shield, Yes It Works!
I'm really interested in level IV or better as I look at ARs as viable threats, but they come at 4Xs the price, so not in my plans yet.

No store front, but they planing to open one. Next week I will order t-shirt to try out how it's wear, and shoot at from 4 different calibers.
Thanks! I've been driving through Roy going to listings in Yelm and tried to find them lol.
I'm very curious as I don't see how a ballistic tee would work or be effective? Catch the bullet so I can pull it out of my torso?

Wait, the best armor is a good fox hole (Army) or fighting hole (Marines) or you can do like me: Live in the country in a high elevation castle with a surrounding moat filled with alligators. We don't have crocs in my part of the world, so I get what's available.

Also, if things really get bad, I do have a suit of mail over which I wear a suit of armor.

No, I can't move, (or even breath well) but man, do I have protection.

Oh yeah, and lots of guns and ammo, which is what I mostly depend on...

i run a TT TRAC with all four plates. Now its mainly for work when i travel through those beautiful vacation spots like Syria, Iraq and AFG.

i will keep it around in a safe location primarily for home defense purposes. it will be easy enough to slip into when needed.

So I look at it like this...........
Armor is like any other form of insurance, you pay for it and it sits there gathering dust.
Until you need it.
If you don't then you spend your dying breath or last dollar thinking...If only I had......
Other things that fall into this category:
jumper cables
fire extinguishers
condoms
spare tire
fire alarms
antibiotics
car insurance
house insurance
toilet paper
flood insurance
food storage/ production
water storage/ filtration
actual cash money/ barter
power generation/ storage
There are a million more...
Armor is uncomfortable and heavy, hard to fight in and hard plates will pinch the bubblegum out of you if you try to put them on in a hurry with no practice.
Do you need all these things all the time? No.
Do you need them under certain circumstances? Yes.

I feel like it's one of those things you'd only wear if you felt threatened enough and by that time, it may be too late anyway. So I don't own any. I think it's pretty cool stuff, though

"My Friend" got some nice plates and a nice carrier on sale from AR500.
Its super super super cheap insurance. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

I'd like to buy some just to have it and pretend like I'd wear it on my daily walks in the winter to increase fitness. The reality is that I'd probably just wear it while playing COD.
There was a guy that lived in my neighborhood.
That I would see walking and sometimes a slow jog wearing one.
No mags of course just the plates.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top