JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love how the article tries to paint it as Latinos are arming up against white supremacist and not just lawlessness in general.
I know, totally weird why the author would write, "Hurtado's interest in firearms started with hunting, but after the 2019 Walmart shooting in El Paso that targeted Latinos, Hurtado felt he had to embrace firearms for his own protection."

986063C9-6382-44B4-A11D-6F6AE02533DD.jpeg

I know, totally weird why the author would write, "Hurtado's interest in firearms started with hunting, but after the 2019 Walmart shooting in El Paso that targeted Latinos, Hurtado felt he had to embrace firearms for his own protection."

View attachment 1466883
So from 1 man's interview the author could extrapolate why every single Latino is out buying guns? Sure thing

Kinda how the Allen, TX shooter was a neo nazi?

Stay divided

What a revelation. I've got news for them, Latinos have been buying guns long before the existence of the Latino Rifle Assn..

I have no problem whatsoever with Latinos or any other group owning firearms, so long as they are law abiding.

Yes, those fancy,, silver Mexican .38 Super grips have been popular for a long, long time.

So from 1 man's interview the author could extrapolate why every single Latino is out buying guns? Sure thing

Kinda how the Allen, TX shooter was a neo nazi?

Stay divided
You should try reading the entirety of the article, as it's made clear multiple times throughout it's not "1 man's interview" from which the author makes extrapolations. Por ejemplo:

"Latinos are still one of the most targeted groups for hate crimes in the US. Last year, Texas saw a 61% increase in white supremacist propaganda, fanning fears that far-right extremism was growing at an accelerated pace in the US's second-largest state."

As an adopted Korean dude living in redneckville, I'm much more likely to experience a bias crime in Portland than in Roseburg. I'm curious if that's similar with the Hispanic community.

As an adopted Korean dude living in redneckville, I'm much more likely to experience a bias crime in Portland than in Roseburg. I'm curious if that's similar with the Hispanic community.
You're a Copenhagen Asian.
Half of my most redneck associates are in this category. Most small communities are far more diverse and inclusive than the lefties care to admit.

You should try reading the entirety of the article, as it's made clear multiple times throughout it's not "1 man's interview" from which the author makes extrapolations. Por ejemplo:

"Latinos are still one of the most targeted groups for hate crimes in the US. Last year, Texas saw a 61% increase in white supremacist propaganda, fanning fears that far-right extremism was growing at an accelerated pace in the US's second-largest state."
Sure bud.

And I did read the whole piece of hate filled steaming pile.

I'm not so sure on the diverse part, but definitely more inclusive than the haters up north.
My experience is, once people in a small community decide you are a good guy, they accept you. They might make a stupid joke from time to time, but they've got your back.

The most prejudiced people I personally know are upper middle class urban elites. They may try different foods.. or travel to different countries, but they will routinely "other" you. They will couch it in the form of curiosity but it's not that. Their form of discrimination is much more subtle and insidious.

Last Edited:
You're a Copenhagen Asian.
Half of my most redneck associates are in this category. Most small communities are far more diverse and inclusive than the lefties care to admit.
My experience was different than yours... I grew up in a small community in the PNW and I was 17 years old before I knew any black person well enough to address them by their name; he played sports for a team in a different town that we played against in high school.
Not only were there no black families in the area, there was a single Asian family and a few Hispanic families...
I might as well have been an Eskimo living at the North Pole, there was extremely little diversity, everyone else looked like me or my family.
A lot of the rural Pacific Northwest is still the same.

Last Edited:

White Supremacists, white supremacing. Keep a close eye on that bunch.

IMG_0080.jpeg

My experience is, once people in a small community decide you are a good guy, they accept you. They might make a stupid joke from time to time, but they've got your back.

The most prejudiced people I personally know are upper middle class urban elites. They may try different foods.. or travel to different countries, but they will routinely "other" you. They will couch it in the form of curiosity but it's not that. Their form of discrimination is much more subtle and insidious.
Second paragraph is sooo true! Happens to me quite a bit.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews