JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two pet peeves rolled into one:

chickentheidiots.jpg

Last Edited:
What's your Pet Peeve?

Religious people. I just can't get over how such a thing exists in modern times.

Like believing the earth is flat or a chariot pulls the sun across the sky... Archaic concepts at best.

And pretty much once they "convert", there's no bringing them back to the side of logic.

pray2stopmeme.jpg

I've got one!
When I call to order up food or a hotel and they ask for my credit card over the phone. Hahaha
Like there aren't losers out there keeping your number for a later date!

People that are seemingly unable/unwilling to separate the figurative from the literal, too self-blinded by the mundane, to read the actual meaning between the lines of the often ancient, frequently more prosaic forms of written expression. Failing to see the forest obscured by trees....
....and, then get all peeved by those that do.

Last Edited:
When you open a home page and immediately get a hover-over window asking you to sign up for their newsletter, coupons, etc. that you have to click-away.

Or in five seconds or in a minute or 30.

Annoying at any time IMO.

Worse is the headers on the page that cover half the screen so you can't read hardly anything.

Worse yet are the news sites that automatically load and open a video with talking heads that is just repeating what the text says. :mad:

I hate when people parked less than 15 feet away from the shopping cart return just leave their carts in a parking spot or propped up on the curb. It shows how truly lazy and pathetic people are.

Or when you're less than 4-5 feet away behind someone going through a door, they see you yet they let the door close right in front of you. Takes less than two seconds to hold that door. Ill often call those people out in public. Small statured foreign ladies are often guilty of this.. 80% of the time at least.
i was with my wife and two young boys trying to set a good example when i held the door open for two lady lovers once. they walk by and one told me "we dont need a man to hold the door open for us, WHO do YOU think you are?" i said "ok, have a nice day"

wow.

Or in five seconds or in a minute or 30.

Annoying at any time IMO.

Worse is the headers on the page that cover half the screen so you can't read hardly anything.

Worse yet are the news sites that automatically load and open a video with talking heads that is just repeating what the text says. :mad:

These are terrible. The ones that are small, on the side and you have to scroll down to see which box is talking. I think those pop-up when you pause the big box at the top before it starts prattling.

i was with my wife and two young boys trying to set a good example when i held the door open for two lady lovers once. they walk by and one told me "we dont need a man to hold the door open for us, WHO do YOU think you are?" i said "ok, have a nice day"

wow.
Ive had something similar happen in portland! Some of those rabid types just go looking for a fight.

Ive had a similar thing happen when I backed my vehicle into a parking space at the gym and as the lady parked next to walks up to her car I roll down my window anf simply ask: "Did I give you enough room" as in to open her door to comfortably get in. Something I was willing to adjust my vehicle for so she could easily open her car door and hop inside without trouble.
She then goes off about: "So because Im a woman you dont think I can back out of this spot" completely missing my curtesy and main point of vehicle proximity. I correct her and she just gets in her car and speeds off.
Some of those "types" just need a smack upside the head to fix whatever screws they have loose.

Ive had something similar happen in portland! Some of those rabid types just go looking for a fight.

Ive had a similar thing happen when I backed my vehicle into a parking space at the gym and as the lady parked next to walks up to her car I roll down my window anf simply ask: "Did I give you enough room" as in to open her door to comfortably get in. Something I was willing to adjust my vehicle for so she could easily open her car door and hop inside without trouble.
She then goes off about: "So because Im a woman you dont think I can back out of this spot" completely missing my curtesy and main point of vehicle proximity. I correct her and she just gets in her car and speeds off.
Some of those "types" just need a smack upside the head to fix whatever screws they have loose.

I've never had that, BUT, what I get here in the city on a regular basis is I'll make a friendly comment about something to p person. Smiling and looking right at the person, and they don't do/say anything. Completely ignored! I'll speak up a little louder, as I go to walk away, and say something like "MUST BE DEEF!"

People who are completely immune to facts and reason.

Once had a person show me a news article which happened to be based entirely on a specific study. I explained how/why the study was mathematically and logically flawed and that its data and methodology don't/can't actually support its conclusion. They responded with another, nearly identical article (but from another news source) citing that same study and gloated about their win as if a lie told twice becomes the truth.

After doing business, I get one of those emails imploring me to 'please take the time to respond to our survey' polite, but demanding.

My response is: Delete email without opening it.

Some of these demands to answer their surveys are just that too. Not polite in the least. I've actually had a few of them act like I'm one of their employees with no choice but to answer their survey.

Others demand I complete their survey worded to sound like I have a 'moral obligation' to answer it...

My response: "Osculate my gluteus maximus!"

commie buzz words like: sustainable, fair trade, sex industry, (ah, where are the smoke stacks?) diversity, undocumented immigrants, dreamers, residentially challenged, ablism and on and on.

When I read or hear words like these (some of which don't exist - the left just makes them up) I laugh at the unwashed, scruffy, give me free stuff-speak of these tofu slurping/vegan pin heads.

Of course, they don't practice any of this 'holier than thou crapola' when they can get away with grinding up a hamburger on the sly or steal or cheat or break the law.

Oh and I'm suppose to carry Narcan as I'm supposedly/morally obligated to administer it to an O.D.ed opioid dope head if I happen across one...yeah, like that I'm gonna do that.

Sorry there old chum, you chose to check out, happy trails!

I like to call a Spade a Spade and not a Shovel but others simply don't seem to care and that's what this RANT is all about.

In my Opinion way to many people here are Simply too Lazy to tap a couple of extra keys on their Key Board.

What I'm getting at is the people who call a 1911A1 a 1911. I think most people know there's a Difference and an Extremely Large Difference in Value!!!

Take for Instance a First Year Production 1911 and Compare it to a First Year Production 1911A1.

I've just checked the Colt :mad::mad::mad: Website and it shows that even the Professionals are getting VERY Lazy with what they call things.

RANT Over!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads