JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have many pet peeves. Cause my mistakes happen daily and most likely irritate others. Lol!!!
But in all honesty, I do have good intentions.
Wait!!!!! Here's one. When someone says AX instead of saying ASK.
Your gonna AX the person? Holy crap so your going to chop them up?

Literal Pet peeve :
When one of our cats , decides to walk in front of me and stop right where I was going to step next.

Hunting or shooting Pet peeve :
When certain folks insist that only the newest or latest and greatest in :
Rfles...
Scopes...
Ammo...
Etc..
Should be used or are far better than any of that old stuff that I like...And make it loudly known that anyone who shoots a muzzleloader , isn't really a hunter or good shot.
I usually just say :"Yeah 'cause Daniel Boone and Kit Carson starved to death and couldn't shoot worth a damn."

This is closely tied to a firearms writer who in the 1970's and 80's thought that hunting deer with a flintlock rifle in .45 caliber was the "cats meow"...but after selling his soul to a inline rifle company , went on in public and stated that anyone using a traditional muzzleloading rifle and roundball has no business hunting.

Please note that in recent years , he has soften his stance on this and while still promoting the use of inlines , he will state that you can hunt with a traditional muzzleloading rifle and not starve to death....

As for everyday Pet peeves...
A lot have been mentioned already...sometimes I notice them when out and and about...mostly I just try to laugh them off and be glad that I ain't the one acting a fool....
Andy

Probably my #1 is shopping. I never have liked it. When I go to get stuff I want to get it, pay and get out. Now that so many places have self check I head to that first. My blood pressure used to spike at people in the store having a huge conversation with the clerk, then after all was done start looking for their check book. I so wanted to lean in and ask, "oh did you just now figure out you have to pay for this stuff?"

People at work who don't listen to what I have to say.

No, this is not an ego thing (well, maybe a little) - I have been doing what I do (writing software) for over 25 years. I have almost a decade of s/w QA experience before that. I have 8 years of experience and knowledge on the current software I write for a very large corporation, so my opinions on how and why to do things are not off-hand, they are based on what has worked and what hasn't.

When I say that a particular component is problematic (diplomatic way of saying it is a piece of fecal matter) or the wrong way to do something, it is based on years of experience, not just in general, but specifically with that code.

And it isn't the first time I voice these opinions, I have shared these thoughts for years.

So when I spend more time putting band aids on what we have, than it would take to rewrite it, it is frustrating - especially because I know I am going to have to do it again and again.

But do "they" listen? No.

Same goes for when I say we should do this that or the other thing. Crickets - nothing.

We spend most of our time doing the expedient things, not the strategic things we should be doing. I.E., just do what we need for the short term. And this isn't software that has any real need to be done by X date as it isn't something we sell, it is a tool we use, so it isn't like it has to be done by a certain date - if it takes a week or a month longer than predicted, it really isn't going to affect anybody. The reason it has to be done by X date is because that is what my manager told his manager who told his manager - before they "asked" me if it could be done by X date.

Which segues into my next pet peeve; my manager "asking" me when X can be done. It isn't really asking; they are telling me, get X done by X date, not because that is how long it will really take, but because that is what they could sell up the chain of command. When I say it will take longer, I am ignored. I get paid a 6 figure salary, I have decades of experience with a lot of different kinds of software development, almost a decade of experience with this particular software, but does anyone listen to me? Nope.

Yes. I am frustrated. I have at least 18 more months before I will retire. I might work longer than that, depending on finances, etc., but I will be very happy to retire. I like what I do, but these aspects of my job are frustrating - especially when I run into issues that I have said for years should be fixed, and I am ignored.

Much lesser peeves and inconsiderate people.

People blocking access to something - like in aisles in the grocery store.

People putting empty ice trays back in the freezer.

People leaving the door open to the microwave and walking away, and/or stopping it with 3 seconds left on the timer and not clearing it, so I have to take the extra step to clear it to use it. Leaving dishes in the sink/etc. at work.

People driving slow in the passing lane, not using their blinkers, not paying attention to others.

Small things like this make a difference over time.

Or how about the chronically late for work, late for a meeting guy. I guess he forgot to tell others that his time is much more valuable than ours...
Really .
I have to drive 108 miles to get to my work.
And I am never late
And we have people that live less than 8 miles away and are late to work.
Come on man really.

Drivers traveling down on ramp and merging with traffic behind me before travel lane begins. Just happened the other day and the JA honked at me. I returned the your number 1 sign.

I'm getting sick of these projector beam headlights. Not just the poor quality aftermarket ones that the tuner boys put on their Type R fart cars, but the OEM ones suck as well. If you need the equivalent of [-event lighting to drive at night then you shouldn't be on the road. Oh I forgot, you have to be the event when driving. Then there's the stupid LED tail lights. Standard "old fashioned" incandescent bulb headlights didn't blind you when someone steps on the brake. The light is a natural burning light which rolls on slow enough for your pupils to naturally adjust. These LED brake lights are "instant on" with full brightness and your pupils don't have time to close so you get an eyeful of light immediately.
You're all on my list, you know who you are. Now scram, get off my lawn.

I can sympathize with regard to the people who put HID bulbs in headlights designed for halogen bulbs.

Also, a significant portion of Japanese cars with factory HID lights are poorly designed/setup.

But a lot of the OEM HID lighting systems are fairly decent. The HIDs in my BMW I have noticed are not as white as many of the Japanese or US made cars, do a really good job of keeping the light on the road and out of oncoming traffic, going over bumps and such, and do a good job on the corners - they are 'adaptive', i.e., they turn into the corner, so they don't shine into the eyes of oncoming traffic.

As we get older, our eyes lose night vision, and the whiter better HID lighting helps.

As for LED tail-lights, yes, they are bright and they come on faster. They are also easier to see at a distance and the faster on/off time gives more time for people to react. Yes, my car has LED tail-lights.

My pet peeve with tail-lights; those dim wits with dimmed darkened lenses replacing the factory lenses so that it is hard to see their lights, or the guys who go the opposite route and replace their red lenses with clear or white lenses.

Pet peeve with drivers - tailgaters who drive closer than one second behind you, instead of the 2-3 seconds space they are supposed to give. I've been hit from behind ten times and I don't appreciate it - and no, I don't 'brake test' - it wouldn't do any good, I just slow down; my one bumper sticker is "closer you follow, slower I go".

People saying,"I'm pro second amendment, but..." and finishing their sentence with an infringement they want.

My biggest pet peeve: the tendency of almost everybody to want to run other people's lives.

Telling them what they can ingest into their bodies.

Telling them what the can and cannot possess

Telling them what they can and cannot say

Telling them what they can look like, what they can worship or not worship (or that they must worship), who they love.

Telling them how much money they can make before paying a higher penalty for making more money.

Telling them that they have a duty to give to others when they have no such duty.

Telling them that the majority of people have the right to vote away the rights of a minority.

Pet peeve with drivers - tailgaters who drive closer than one second behind you, instead of the 2-3 seconds space they are supposed to give. I've been hit from behind ten times and I don't appreciate it - and no, I don't 'brake test' - it wouldn't do any good, I just slow down; my one bumper sticker is "closer you follow, slower I go".

Since my drive to and from work is in the dark most of the year I can relate to this. On freeways I set car at between the pins of posted and stay to the right unless i need to pass. Love it when some asshat feels they need to ride my bumper rather that take the left lane. Now out in east county a long part of the trip is 2 lane, 35mph winding road. I go between the pins, just over posted. An amazing number of people get super mad, ride the bumper, then pass on curves, often telling me I'm #1. It does feel funny when I see them on the side getting some LEO who thinks so much of their driving they want an autograph. Amazing how often one will pass me on a curve, then mile or two down the road I catch up to them at the light. Thinking so that little temper tantrum got you what?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top