JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will add my two cents since I have owned several multi-tools over a number of years and have definitely been able to develop a liking for some and a dislike for others. I currently own 3 Gerbers, 3 Leathermans, 1 Victorinox, 1 SOG, and 1 Schrade and I have owned other variants of those manufacturers in the past.

For overall comfort, tool accessibility, and of course, aesthetics (it looks so pretty!!!), I prefer the Victorinox tool. I have used it for everything and it has given me no trouble, the tools are readily accessible much like their Swiss Army knives. The edges are rounded so it is quite comfortable to use as well.

Of the 3 Gerbers I own, I only like 1 of them and it is the oldest tool I own. The other two I have were made last year and they feel cheap and the tools are quite ineffective, especially on the Suspension version.

I am a huge fan of Leatherman. Everything about the tool is built like a tank, built to last. I can use the tool with utmost confidence unlike some of the Gerbers and SOGs where I feel that the tools are somewhat flimsy. I keep a Supertool in my tackle box and I alternate carrying the Wave and Victorinox tools. I have a micro tool that I carry on my keychain as well. For such a little guy, it is made quite well.

SOG tools, like I mentioned above, just seem flimsy and I will not buy another one. Tool accessibility is lame and I have little confidence in it.

The Schrade tool is old and different, but certainly not my preference, it was a gift a long time ago. The tools do not lock all the time and I don't have the same confidence in their products like I used to.

My two cents for whatever it is worth,

-D

The only thing I dislike about leathermans is their stupid screw driver sets. Why can't we have normal screw drivers anymore? My retention spring popped out of my Surge. Well it's collecting dust now because it's effectively unusable now that it doesn't work as a screw driver. I don't drive to NE PDX anymore so getting it repaired is more of a pain in the arse. I'm using my old SOG as a replacement and it's served me well since 93.

Disclaimer - I just tried to post on this thread and it doesn't look like it took. Operator error I'm sure. If this is redundant - my apologies.

I've carried Leatherman for years. I had an old Leatherman Wave on which I'd broken the needle nose end of the pliers. Kept using it for a few more years then decided to send it in for a repair. Since they had changed the style of the Wave so much, they didn't have replacement parts anymore. So they sent me a brand new wave instead.

Leatherman makes an outstanding product; it's made in Oregon; they stand behind it 100%; they have a lifetime customer in me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top