JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Multi tool,

Or,

What I did on my summer vacation.

Yeah, start off with a Wave.

Plus a Benchmade folder,

And a tiny keyring Kershaw splinterpicker.

Then a couple bottle style Katadyn water filters.

A bivvie bag, and a three season bag.

A good chunk of 550 paracord.

Three weeks worth of E-rats.

Medkit.

Good pair of boots and multiple socks.

LED headlamp.

And the list goes on and on.

Interestingly enough, it weighs out

To about 22 pounds,

Excluding weapons or ammo.

My point?

A Leatherman, alone, ain't going to make it.

Think Global.

isher

I had an old leatherman wave that I used everyday for about six years. I still used it even after I broke one of the knives. I eventually quit carrying it on my belt when the Velcro closure on the sheath wore out and wouldn't close. It sat around for three years before a friend offered to take it to leatherman for repair (thanks Dan!). They ended up replacing it free of charge. If for no other reason than that I will continue to use their products.

I got one from my brother who got it from his boss who served in Iraq. He managed to somehow break one of the tips off the pliers so he gave it away. I knew of their excellent warranty and went str8 to the factory by PDX and dropped it off. They called me and told me it was repaired free of charge a week later! They mailed it to me as I wasn't going to be near the area anytime soon. What a company!

Leatherman Wave.

I didn't care too much for the old Leathermans, where the lockback meant pulling another tool out and then closing both. But with the Wave they've got everything right. I love mine.

I have a Gerber I bought in 2000ish that sits in a drawer. I thought the "snikt!" sound it made when you opened it was cool (snapping the head of the pliers forward), as was the screwdriver bit options, but it always seemed a bit rickety to me and I never liked it nearly as much as my Leatherman.

The Leatherman Wave is well made, tough, and performs beautifully. My advice is to buy one, open it up, hose it down with RemOil to loosen it up a bit, wipe it off, and carry it with you always :)

My Multi tool,

Or,

What I did on my summer vacation.

Yeah, start off with a Wave.

Plus a Benchmade folder,

And a tiny keyring Kershaw splinterpicker.

Then a couple bottle style Katadyn water filters.

A bivvie bag, and a three season bag.

A good chunk of 550 paracord.

Three weeks worth of E-rats.

Medkit.

Good pair of boots and multiple socks.

LED headlamp.

And the list goes on and on.

Interestingly enough, it weighs out

To about 22 pounds,

Excluding weapons or ammo.

My point?

A Leatherman, alone, ain't going to make it.

Think Global.

isher

Dude I was just asking what multi tool I/We are aware that a multi tool is not all you need to survive. Realy, come on. Its just a question about multi tools not on entire set of survival gear.

I was just responding to what you wrote, it seemed kinda snotty or you were being sarcastic to a simple question. So take my responce as that.

Question;

Which famous multi-tool maker gave large amounts of money to the John Kerry campaign?
So, if you, like many forum members here apparently, like to see your money go to far left wing gun grabbing marxists, buy from that guy. As for me he will never get another penny from me!

I keep this Gerber multiplier 400 Compact in my truck. It's black oxide coated stainless steel hardware. Never had another multi-tool, but I like that it's small and I can flick out the pliers with one hand. I gave one to each of my groomsmen at our wedding.
Gerber-multi-plier-400-compact-sport-black-large-5509.gif

Leatherman Wave is the real deal, especially now with the selectable bits. I've had a Wave for 12 years. Get the bit set and you can do a lot.

I just got Leatherman Surge (a jumbo Wave) and it is also good if you need a big heavy duty Wave.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top