JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't wear wool - skin sensitive to it and other things (probably side effect of Aspergers). I used to wear German Army surplus winter wool pants for XC skiing - they had plastic in the knees and butt IIRC and was about as HD as you can get - but get really good suspenders because they are heavy, especially when they get wet - if you go this route.

Synthetic is how I go - Capilene (Patagonia brand) is a good synthetic as are some of their outwear.

Some of the US mil-surplus is good stuff too - IME. I intend to treat some of it and some of my Wrangler Riggs gear with wax/oil/etc. to make it more water resistant and durable. The Riggs ripstop work pants I have been wearing are about durable as any pants I have ever worn in my lifetime, but are not water resistant, so I need a waterproof layer to wear on top of those.

I wear some of the fire resistant underwear layers that the military uses - it is synthetic and doesn't hold body odors. The thicker layer stuff is warm, the thin stuff cool in the summer. Been buying it from Sportsman's Guide as they seem to have reasonable prices on most of it, elsewhere it can be pretty expensive. Wish I had been wearing it when I fell in the slash fire pit a couple of years ago.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top