JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This one worse than usual. It was originally submitted in March, came back "incomplete" the end of August (not sure what happened, Rainer submitted it and there was some problem) I got it resubmitted the first part of September. So this one is getting close to a year all said.

I have had 4 other stamps that where filed after the original date of this one that have all come back approved since. I have three more still in limbo that have been filed after this one and one that is still on a form 2 to Rainer.

I had several form 4s on a trust that were submitted between August and September. One of the Form 4s came in two weeks ago, it was approved the first week of January but we didn't receive it until mid January. Jason just informed me that all my other Form 4 items are gone from his inventory which means that they are all approved, now its just the short wait to receive them in the mail. One other form from another dealer was sent back for a correction and a copy of a will as it was an estate item that was sold. Once those corrections are made and the forms are returned to the BATFE its usually a short 2 weeks or so to get them back.

Interesting story....

Back in August I submitted an e-form 1 to build an SBR. In early January it came back denied; they don't give you a second chance on e-forms. I called and spoke with the examiner, he told me the problem (I had the model as "AR-15" instead of "ST-15", which is technically the correct model). He says "I'll email you the control number for your denied form, when you reapply just email me the new number and I'll approve it".

Now I'm kind of a slacker, so I put it off until last night. I resubmitted it at 2000 last night and emailed him the new control number; today at 0958 I get an email that it's approved. 14 hour wait time. Plus the original 4 months.

Interesting story....

Back in August I submitted an e-form 1 to build an SBR. In early January it came back denied; they don't give you a second chance on e-forms. I called and spoke with the examiner, he told me the problem (I had the model as "AR-15" instead of "ST-15", which is technically the correct model). He says "I'll email you the control number for your denied form, when you reapply just email me the new number and I'll approve it".

Now I'm kind of a slacker, so I put it off until last night. I resubmitted it at 2000 last night and emailed him the new control number; today at 0958 I get an email that it's approved. 14 hour wait time. Plus the original 4 months.

Also, I just realized that I have a Form 1 that was approved on February 29th.

Interesting story....

That is very interesting indeed. I am going to E Form a form one to SBR an old IMI UZI I have owned for nearly 30 years. I did 5 E Form 1s last year and the wait time was only 3 weeks for approvals back then. Hopefully it will go quick again. I had another Form 4 come back with a correction request. When we submitted it, it was early September, they sent it back because by the time they got to it my SOT's FFL had expired, but it was valid at the time the forms were sent in. So they sat on it all that time until his FFL expired. So now its been sent back with a renewed FFL. My SOT was PO'D to say the least.

Another was sent back for correction because it was a weapon being purchased from an estate, they wanted a copy of the will and wanted a correction for caliber of the firearm. The dealer filled out the form as 22LR, 9mm and 45 which was stamped on the receiver as such. However the NFA branch says that the firearm in the registry says it was 9mm only. Now get this, the owner (a lawyer and also the executor for the estate) actually calls the NFA branch to clarify what they wanted. He informed me that after speaking with the BATFE agent, the agent told him not to correct the caliber of the weapon as it is a more accurate description of the gun. He also told him to mail the forms directly to him in West Virginia where he will personally approve it. Needless to say in my books this ATF agent was very friendly and helpful in getting the forms corrected. When this particular form 4 was sent back for correction, I also got a notice from the BATF that the form required action. But the form4 I mention above I didn't receive a copy of the correction notice. Not sure why that is, as my SOT also told me that the ATF was sending copies of notices to applicants as well.

4 months is wishful thinking. I called the NFA office this morning and was told 5 months at this time. Mines s still pending with a May date. I have a 300 blackout pistol build that's waiting for my omega.

Tax Stamp Tuesday!

Submitted 9/10/15 Stamp issue date 3/8/16 Just got the call from Rainer this morning to pick her up.

12672132_10206078232821892_1232048962689698880_o.jpg

You are in for some fun. Shooting suppressed is the way to go.
I've heard that quite a lot,I'd like to find out what that is all about some day but the NFA and ATF BS plus the hoops you have to jump through isn't worth it to me,not to mention the wait,I never buy anything I can't just walk out with the same day I buy it.(unless there is a delay because of a gunshow)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top