JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well went and got my Omega last night, had a chance to throw it onto a few of my guns and take a few quick pictures of it.. Boy I cant wait to get to the range this weekend with it. I think I will have to stop by the store and pick up some subsonic ammo for it as I don't have any at the house right now.

IMG_8754.JPG

IMG_8761.JPG

Well went and got my Omega last night, had a chance to throw it onto a few of my guns and take a few quick pictures of it.. Boy I cant wait to get to the range this weekend with it. I think I will have to stop by the store and pick up some subsonic ammo for it as I don't have any at the house right now.
Which Vortex is on that AR Pistol? Do you like it? Is the AR Pistol is 300 Blackout? Appreciate any feedback. I ordered an Omega in Sept for my AAC 9" 300 Blackout. Looking for a good scope in the 1-4x or 1-5x range. I have a Leupold M4 300 Blackout scope on my other SBR with a 10.5" barrel. Love it but expensive.

Its a Vortex Diamondback 1-4 duplex redicle in a vortex QD mount, and yes the pistol is 300blk. Its a hardened arms upper in a 8.25in configuration. I do like the scope, but I almost wish I had gone with the viper pst 1-4 instead of the diamondback, its not a bad scope but the glass doesnt compare to my vortex viper pst 6.5-24 that I have on my rifle in the other picture.

The other option that I have looked at also is the Vortex Strike Eagle, not only is it a 1-6 but it also has a nice illuminated redicle.

I think I might need to take the barrel off and re-seat it, I have seen some other 10.5in 300 blk guns run 2moa or better groups and mine for some reason with hand loads is running 4moa at 100yd.. with supersonics, thats pretty disappointing.

Oh.. and with subsonics.. it is sooo nice and quite, very very pleasurable to shoot.

Filed Form 1, on a trust for an SBR in Oregon.
Date filed: 7/2/2015.

Based on what I'm seeing online and some anecdotal evidence, I'm anticipating @ October-ish.

Update to my original post.
I received my email approval of my form 1 this morning 11/10/2015.

Now I need to take the lower to Bye Engraving prior to building it up.

All of my NFA items are in the name of the trust.

I was told by someone else on the forums that you didnt have to get the item engraved if it was on a trust, my can is on my trust but I didnt engrave it because of that.

Nevermind I just did a bit more reading and found out that with the Form 1 you are the manufacturer of the item.. Different then the suppressors.. unless you made yours.. gotcha!

Last Edited:
If you make it, which I did for this SBR, you need to get it engraved.
Even if it were optional (which it's not) I would, as I don't need anyone with a more limited understanding of NFA items making a decision based off of bad information (think local PD, Sheriff, etc).

Here are the steps I went through for the SBR:
1) buy stripped lower.
2) fill out form 1 & pay tax.
3) Wait
4) Get approval and then engrave (engrave prior to build up, as I'd rather err on the side of caution)

I also bring a copy of trust and stamps to the range when I use my stuff, just so I can explain, if I feel a need to.

A suppressor, if it's a commercial one like AAC, YHM, etc, already has a serial number and is on file by the maker. So, as you stated, unless you are making one, you don't need to get it engraved, as the manufacturer already did so (with their marks)

Good luck!
:cool:

Wow, I have a form 4 SBR on a trust that was originally submitted May 3 2014, was returned to the dealer for a paperwork error in August and still has not been approved.

I have three form 4's and a form 3 transfer pending all originated in December. IT would be fantastic to see turn around times like you guys had.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top