JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trouble with going to a different town or city to buy alcohol or firearms is...
There ain't many more places to go till ya hit Canada..

Again stupid idea to ban sales of or the carrying of firearms....like posted above...it will only add to the panic.
Bellingham City Council members are :
Delta...
Alpha...
Mike...
Foxtrot...
Andy

Just drive to the next city and get what you want...then move. To hell with them.
The next city from Bellingham to the north is Canada.
Well there are a few small towns.
But to the South there is Burlington .
And Skagit arms.
Where I buy lots of guns.

Trouble with going to a different town or city to buy alcohol or firearms is...
There ain't many more places to go till ya hit Canada..

Again stupid idea to ban sales of or the carrying of firearms....like posted above...it will only add to the panic.
Bellingham City Council members are :
Delta...
Alpha...
Mike...
Foxtrot...
Andy
I was in the middle of posting my reply and got a call.
Lol from another driver covering my route
Because they gave me the choice to stay home and I took it .
With pay .
They had to combine two routes the case count's are way down.
Can put 2 truck loads on 1

Well since I ain't far from Bellingham...
If this comes to pass...
I will be in a more "Infantry frame of mind" , cause of this.
Not saying that I will cause trouble...but I will be prepared for it.

If one reads all the proposals , the curfew , banning of carrying of firearms , filling of extra gas cans , etc...
It will only cause more issues.
Andy
Edit to add...
Upon further reading the article states that no public comments will taken in regards to this....WTF

If this comes to pass...

If one reads all the proposals , the curfew , banning of carrying of firearms , filling of extra gas cans , etc...
Andy
It's going to cause panic .
And at this point I think that's what they want

If this comes to pass...

Andy
Edit to add...
Upon further reading the article states that no public comments will taken in regards to this....WTF
And don't forget between me you and @melmelhunter.we got this area .
Lol.
# I got guns and ammo

Before y'all go getting uppity over this, let's just have a look see here at the cities charter and a bit of city code...(italics & underline by me)
As the list & arguments could go on & on, I'll leave it a few talking points.

Article I GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.02 Powers, Rights And Liabilities
The form and organization of government of the City, and the manner and mode in which the City shall exercise its powers, functions and duties, shall be as provided in this Charter or, to the extent not prescribed herein, or when the Charter is in conflict with state law, as provided by ordinance of the City Council consistent with this Charter or state law.

1.03 Construction
The general grant of municipal power conferred by this Charter is intended to confer the greatest power of local self-government consistent with the Constitution of this State, and the powers of the City under this Charter shall be construed liberally in favor of the City, and the specific mention of particular powers in the Charter shall not be construed as limiting in any way the general powers stated in this Charter.

1.06 Intergovernmental Relations
The City may exercise any of its powers or perform any of its functions and may participate in the financing thereof, jointly or in cooperation, by contract or otherwise, with any one or more states or political subdivisions or agencies thereof, or any municipal corporation, or other public agency allowed by state law, or the United States or any agency thereof.

1.08 Definition Of Terms
The following words, terms and phrases, whenever used in this Charter, shall be construed to mean as herein indicated unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
3. Constitution: Constitution of the State of Washington.
4. State: The State of Washington.

Chapter 2.24 POLICE DEPARTMENT
2.24.030 Powers and duties.
The police department has all such authority, responsibility, and duties as are normal to municipal police departments, including, but not limited to, maintenance of the peace, issuance of citations, arrest and detention of persons committing criminal offenses or who are mentally ill, investigation of criminal activity, establishment and maintenance of intelligence files, production of scientific evidence, crime prevention, animal control, and such other duties as are set by ordinance of the city or by the laws of the state. [Ord. 8371 § 1(c), 1975; Code 1980 at § 1.76.030].

2.24.060 Forfeiture of firearms – Disposition.
The chief of police shall administer the disposition of firearms forfeited pursuant to RCW 9.41.098 and shall promulgate such policies and procedures as are necessary to provide for disposition. Any proceeds of an auction or trade of forfeited firearms shall be paid into the police pension fund, as long as it is in existence, or the city general fund. [Ord. 1999-01-002].

From the proposed ordinance:​
9. An order prohibiting the carrying or possession of firearms or any instrument which is​
capable of producing bodily harm and which is carried or possessed with the intent to use the​
same to cause such harm; provided, that any such order shall not apply to peace officers or​
military personnel engaged in the performance of their official duties;​
BUT per RCW 9.41.098....
Forfeiture of firearms—Disposition—Confiscation.
(1) The superior courts and the courts of limited jurisdiction of the state may order forfeiture of a firearm which is proven to be:
I'll leave to you to look up the RCW...

1.For all intents & purposes, I would sincerely HOPE, the NRA, SAF & GOA (and any other pro 2A organizations) at the very least, jointly seek a preliminary injunction to stop this type of foolishness. More so since the city already "drafted and publicly published" the new proposed ordinance outlining "clear & unequivocal intent" to violate the USA bill of rights, and the Washington State Constitution.

2.I would sincerely HOPE all 2A supporters would rally forth and deluge those elected officials with phone calls, emails, or any social media methods to get the word out as to the illegal actions their VERY OWN elected officials are proposing.

3. EVERYONE Contact the local media outlets and see if they will address the illegal aspects by this council and 'factually' report on it.

I thought about pursuing this more in depth but I have enough issues dealing at the state level with what some us label as the legislature/governor/attorney general.
Take the above with a grain of salt because it's "my view (s)" of the law.

I would, however, encourage any & all persons to 'bone up' on the cities laws/codes/etc and pursue any legal methods available to put a stop to this type of B$. Buy an ad in the local paper? We're on lock-down so get after it...what else ya gotta do..:D:D:D:D:D
BTW, I have turd tickets for sale. 350 count for $25.00 :rolleyes: Cash only and no delivery...

Dan

Before y'all go getting uppity over this, let's just have a look see here at the cities charter and a bit of city code...(italics & underline by me)
As the list & arguments could go on & on, I'll leave it a few talking points.

Article I GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.02 Powers, Rights And Liabilities
The form and organization of government of the City, and the manner and mode in which the City shall exercise its powers, functions and duties, shall be as provided in this Charter or, to the extent not prescribed herein, or when the Charter is in conflict with state law, as provided by ordinance of the City Council consistent with this Charter or state law.

1.03 Construction
The general grant of municipal power conferred by this Charter is intended to confer the greatest power of local self-government consistent with the Constitution of this State, and the powers of the City under this Charter shall be construed liberally in favor of the City, and the specific mention of particular powers in the Charter shall not be construed as limiting in any way the general powers stated in this Charter.

1.06 Intergovernmental Relations
The City may exercise any of its powers or perform any of its functions and may participate in the financing thereof, jointly or in cooperation, by contract or otherwise, with any one or more states or political subdivisions or agencies thereof, or any municipal corporation, or other public agency allowed by state law, or the United States or any agency thereof.

1.08 Definition Of Terms
The following words, terms and phrases, whenever used in this Charter, shall be construed to mean as herein indicated unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
3. Constitution: Constitution of the State of Washington.
4. State: The State of Washington.

Chapter 2.24 POLICE DEPARTMENT
2.24.030 Powers and duties.
The police department has all such authority, responsibility, and duties as are normal to municipal police departments, including, but not limited to, maintenance of the peace, issuance of citations, arrest and detention of persons committing criminal offenses or who are mentally ill, investigation of criminal activity, establishment and maintenance of intelligence files, production of scientific evidence, crime prevention, animal control, and such other duties as are set by ordinance of the city or by the laws of the state. [Ord. 8371 § 1(c), 1975; Code 1980 at § 1.76.030].

2.24.060 Forfeiture of firearms – Disposition.
The chief of police shall administer the disposition of firearms forfeited pursuant to RCW 9.41.098 and shall promulgate such policies and procedures as are necessary to provide for disposition. Any proceeds of an auction or trade of forfeited firearms shall be paid into the police pension fund, as long as it is in existence, or the city general fund. [Ord. 1999-01-002].

From the proposed ordinance:​
9. An order prohibiting the carrying or possession of firearms or any instrument which is​
capable of producing bodily harm and which is carried or possessed with the intent to use the​
same to cause such harm; provided, that any such order shall not apply to peace officers or​
military personnel engaged in the performance of their official duties;​
BUT per RCW 9.41.098....
Forfeiture of firearms—Disposition—Confiscation.
(1) The superior courts and the courts of limited jurisdiction of the state may order forfeiture of a firearm which is proven to be:
I'll leave to you to look up the RCW...

1.For all intents & purposes, I would sincerely HOPE, the NRA, SAF & GOA (and any other pro 2A organizations) at the very least, jointly seek a preliminary injunction to stop this type of foolishness. More so since the city already "drafted and publicly published" the new proposed ordinance outlining "clear & unequivocal intent" to violate the USA bill of rights, and the Washington State Constitution.

2.I would sincerely HOPE all 2A supporters would rally forth and deluge those elected officials with phone calls, emails, or any social media methods to get the word out as to the illegal actions their VERY OWN elected officials are proposing.

3. EVERYONE Contact the local media outlets and see if they will address the illegal aspects by this council and 'factually' report on it.

I thought about pursuing this more in depth but I have enough issues dealing at the state level with what some us label as the legislature/governor/attorney general.
Take the above with a grain of salt because it's "my view (s)" of the law.

I would, however, encourage any & all persons to 'bone up' on the cities laws/codes/etc and pursue any legal methods available to put a stop to this type of B$. Buy an ad in the local paper? We're on lock-down so get after it...what else ya gotta do..:D:D:D:D:D
BTW, I have turd tickets for sale. 350 count for $25.00 :rolleyes: Cash only and no delivery...

Dan
Boring .
#LETS GET THIS STARTED.
LOCK AND LOAD

On a lighter note...
I have an old family recipe for moonshine...maybe time to dig that out and some cooper tubing...a tub and a tank , a little corn..start a "campfire" by a creek...:D
Andy

The 'POINT' being gentlemen.. is to legally quash this in the courts to establish precedent. But I'm certain you both understand that.
Andy, LMK when the run is done..I'd like a taste to evaluate!

Dan

Well then that is good to know...:D
Also lets keep in mind , before we go all "Copperhead Road" here...
That makin' shine ain't quite on the right side of the law...
Just was posting 'bout a family tradition is all....;)
Andy
We not making shine we are going to be making HAND SANITIZER.
THAT YOU CAN DRINK.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads