JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No matter how much they try to teach people who live around critters like this not to do this, there is always a lot of people who do it anyway. Thinking its "cute" to see the critters come by. Its all cute and fun until the food runs out and or the critters lose any fear of humans. Then someone gets hurt and the critters are shot.
Your 100% correct. I worked on the gates case and the man was never charged by osp, but lots of bears lost there lives due two his stupidity

People live in cities like Chi town for decades and never fall victim to crime. Does not mean I will ever be without a gun. Those who choose to do so, hey its their life. :s0092:
I know and work with a LOT of people who either do not own a gun at all, or will not carry. Most of them will remain lucky and never wish they had one.
I forgot too that one poster read this guy had been feeding the bears. Now this may not be true. If he was he was not only "unlucky" he was very stupid on top of it.
I doubt he was feeding the bears, especially since he lived in that area.

I doubt he was feeding the bears, especially since he lived in that area.
:s0140: You have never known anyone who works for fish and game then. Human stupidity knows no bounds. Where people live does not make them any smarter. I lived for decades in a city that had many outlying roads that ran through dry river beds. Building bridges across these was too pricey to only need them a few days a year. So when flash flooding happened the county would throw up barricades across these roads with signs warning. Every summer during the rain some moron would get out of their car, look at the water rushing by, decide surely it was not that deep. Move the barricades, try to drive across, and if they were lucky end up stuck waiting for rescue. The unlucky would be found dead miles away. Know how many of the stupid people who did this every year were "new" to the area? 0. Every damn one who ever did it was residents who had lived there years and "should" have known better. County got so tired of it they started slapping a huge fine on those they had to rescue for the cost. When I lived there a LOT of people got in trouble feeding wild critters. Everyone I ever heard of lived around the wild critters and had been warned not to do it. I think the problem with the human race is we have for too many generations protected the stupid from themselves so natural selection has not been able to weed them out.

I have seen people hand feeding deer, elk, racoons, squirrels & other assorted critters

Watch the vid sometime of that idiot feeding the racoons the case of hot dogs.
I have watched that a few times. He has a mob of those things climbing all over him. When I watch it I am shocked he still has all his fingers. Worked with a guy one time who lost half of one finger to feeding just a few of them. Got them to where they would come and take food from his hand and thought it was great fun. Till one day it was not so fun and he was on the way to the ER missing half of one finger. :eek:

Bear stuff.jpg Bring on the food...

He should at least keep some of those catsup packets in his pockets if he is going to offer up a meal.
Man, it would suck. That's why I've always carried a gun.
Different story, long ago in The American Rifleman (well, I forget) a guy back east got attacked by a huge fat black bear and all he had was a 3" folding pocket knife with which he stabbed it like 100x, giggity.
He managed to finally kill it by pushing the whole knife deep enough that it pierced the heart.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top