JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bet they sure wish they had something a little louder and more effective than a car horn. What could you possibly buy in AZ that might get rid of a bear?

bubbleguming morons

5052797091_cbe02fe21d.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Interesting. An unprovoked attack during Pride Month...

Maybe it was a bipolar Bi Polar bear?

Should have thrown Bibles at it to see if Bear's Pray works or not.

Do any of you read these sentences from the article and see the idiocy of the last statement?
"This attack appears to be predatory in nature," Tucker said. "This situation is extremely unusual, not the norm."
Bear attacks often involve "some nexus to food," Tucker said, which their investigation will explore. Though "nothing jumped out at us as being obvious of why this occurred,"
Bear was hungry, serendipity presented the menu option of sedentary long pig. Chow time!
Maybe the bear thought the yelling and horns were celebrating his luck.

I'd be about as pissed at dying from a bear attack in the desert as I would dying of a rattlesnake bite on the beach.
My first time deep in Mexico I was inches from being bitten in the face by one of those. I was with some much older kids walking along the beach at night. Of course no one had a light. So dark we could see little. Hear the sound of a rattler. Back then I had yet to run into one and had no idea what the buzzing sound was. The older kids I was with must have never been near one either as all of us were following the sound, trying to figure out what the hell it was as it was moving away from us fairly fast. As we kept searching we got to where it sounded like we were on top of it and I got down on my knees trying to see what the hell was in the sand. I finally got close enough to recognize a sidewinder. Was not a very large one but if it had bitten a 10 year old kid in the face as far as we were from nearest medical? I probably would not have lived to see my 11th birthday. Let me tell you I NEVER forgot that sound though. :s0140:
Rest of my days living down that way I knew that sound the second I heard it. It was VERY strange to run up on one that close to the damn ocean like that.

People underestimate bears as a threat. Even a small bear will f u up in a hurry, not to mention the monsters that are out there. I killed a 400# boar last week, just the power they have is incredible

1687019242338.jpeg
Beautiful place to build a cabin…
Prescott is a great area to get a reprieve from the heat felt down in the Valley of the Sun.

(Sorry, was thinking out loud. I didn't know the man, but from the description and the photos, it looks like he was building himself a little peace in the wilderness. It is unfortunate that he was not able to complete it.)

Last Edited:
My first time deep in Mexico I was inches from being bitten in the face by one of those. I was with some much older kids walking along the beach at night. Of course no one had a light. So dark we could see little. Hear the sound of a rattler. Back then I had yet to run into one and had no idea what the buzzing sound was. The older kids I was with must have never been near one either as all of us were following the sound, trying to figure out what the hell it was as it was moving away from us fairly fast. As we kept searching we got to where it sounded like we were on top of it and I got down on my knees trying to see what the hell was in the sand. I finally got close enough to recognize a sidewinder. Was not a very large one but if it had bitten a 10 year old kid in the face as far as we were from nearest medical? I probably would not have lived to see my 11th birthday. Let me tell you I NEVER forgot that sound though. :s0140:
Rest of my days living down that way I knew that sound the second I heard it. It was VERY strange to run up on one that close to the damn ocean like that.
First and only times I heard rattlesnakes was at tourist attractions where my parents stopped on family weekend days out and they have a big cage of rattlers they stirred up into rattling so that visitors could learn what they sounded like. Insteresting and instructive for kids. Rattle snakes are the most common animal cause of death in a few states. I've seen them in the wild but didn't disturb them enough for them to rattle. Also once saw a huge gopher snake pretending to be a rattlesnake, vibrating his tail rapidly against dry leaves. Didn't sound much like a rattler, but in between his making a threatening noise with his tail, not trying to escape, and coiling and pretending to strike just like a poisonous snake, it caused my dog to just bark and keep her distance.

Most common animal cause of death in Oregon? Bees, wasps and hornets. Likewise for a few other states. Not just from allergic reactions, also from massive attacks leading to death from kidney failure.

Most common animal death in Florida, land of alligators, giant pythons, poisonous snakes, sharks, bears, wild boar, and cougars? Not any of those. Its mosquitoes via the many diseases they spread, including various kinds of encephylitis. Mosquitoes are the major animal cause of death worldwide, with malaria alone being responsible for millions. The most significant way to lower the death rate in many regions is to make available insecticides impregnated sleeping nets.

In several states its dogs.

In a few states its bears.

Texas? Fire ants rafting in floods.

In Alaska and Maine it's moose, namely, running into one on the road. Moose are disinclined to make way for anything, especially when in rut, including cars, and the moose horns are just the right level to come in through the windshield and kill driver. In several states its running into deer.

In a few states its cattle. Victim is usually a man and it usually happens while he's dealing with cattle in a pen or barn and gets smashed against the barrier or wall.

In one state its deer mice, which spread hantavirus, usually lethal in humans. In a couple of states its coyotes. In one state its rabid bobcats.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews