JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude, did you even read the article? YES! The guy that got the beat down started the fight, kept the fight going AND HAS DONE IT BEFORE. He 100% deserved what he got.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but you don't automatically loose your humanity and right to self defense even if you are a drug addicted homeless person.
The definition of self defense sure seems to be really vague here then, going to retrieve a metal pipe, then coming back and returning to provide a beat down doesn't fit the standard legal application of self defense.

Spraying the bum would fall under some form of assault. Responding at that moment with violence, self defense. Going and getting a weapon and then returning to beat the guy down, now the bum is the aggressor.

Let's be clear, the only reason why the law is taking the stance they are on this is because of the parties involved.

I agree with that... However, it appears that in the opinion of local law enforcement the victim of being sprayed did chase the perpetrator too far and continued to retaliate too much. Otherwise he would not have been charged with a crime by them.
Actually a prosecutors opinion. Im not surprised he was charged.... being homeless there is probably a lot of bias against him.
And then the evidence turned out to acquit him.

As always "media" can't be trusted to come close to truth. So IF, big IF, this "victim" really did mace the guy first as a way to move him along? It would be to me a case of FAFO. Mace has LONG been known to NOT be a be all to end all. Looks like this guy right or wrong, found this out the hard way.
Now would he be frustrated that the scum camp in front of the door to his Moms home? Yes. This sadly is what the people there keep voting for though. So until they get a LOT of them to stop voting for this? They are going to have to live with it.

So IF, big IF, this "victim" really did mace the guy first as a way to move him along? It would be to me a case of FAFO.
Absolutely no IF, big or small involved. There is video and witness statements showing that he did mace the homeless man first with no provocation other than him not liking were the homeless guy was. And he has done it before. The 'confusion' comes from carefully selected parts of the video being released in an attempt to spin the story to make him look like the victim. Also bUt He WeNT aNd goT A PiPe!! Well no kidding he did! Some crazy dude just pepper sprayed him and was saying he was going kill him, so yeah, I would go and find something to defend myself with as well.
Ands also, he had to go get a pipe, meaning he didn't have it before so the argument that pepper spraying him was in self defense is bogus.

Absolutely no IF, big or small involved. There is video and witness statements showing that he did mace the homeless man first with no provocation other than him not liking were the homeless guy was. And he has done it before. The 'confusion' comes from carefully selected parts of the video being released in an attempt to spin the story to make him look like the victim. Also bUt He WeNT aNd goT A PiPe!! Well no kidding he did! Some crazy dude just pepper sprayed him and was saying he was going kill him, so yeah, I would go and find something to defend myself with as well.
Ands also, he had to go get a pipe, meaning he didn't have it before so the argument that pepper spraying him was in self defense is bogus.
Many mistakenly think OC will drop everyone to the ground. So they of course think the Bear stuff will do it better. As this guy found out it does NOT stop everyone in their tracks and often enrages people. Still have a scar on one arm from macing a drunk who just lowed his head and charged me then sunk his damn teeth into my arm. Again FAFO.

Many mistakenly think OC will drop everyone to the ground. So they of course think the Bear stuff will do it better. As this guy found out it does NOT stop everyone in their tracks and often enrages people. Still have a scar on one arm from macing a drunk who just lowed his head and charged me then sunk his damn teeth into my arm. Again FAFO.
Same with the various Taser style tools out there, sure for almost everyone they will put you down pretty quickly, but the irony is the more someone is acting like you need to put them down with a Taser right now the less likely it is to stop them. They really work best on people you are just tired of talking to but don't have justifiable reason to shoot yet.

Rose colored glassed are much easier on the computer though. :p
IMG_1885.jpeg

Did he happen to mention if you tasted like chicken or long-pork?

Last Edited:
FWIW though law in most states is that a person can't claim self defense if they "primed the pump" for the attack.
I think the devil is in the details, in general I believe you are correct... However, this incident is unusual because of how long and over what distance the "counter-attack" lasted.
I don't know if the "window for legal retribution" after being assaulted is one minute, ten minutes, 30 minutes, etc. but there would eventually be a limit.
You could not capture your attacker, place him in your van, carry him to your garage and extract retribution for the next week and have legal immunity because he attacked you a week ago...

I think the devil is in the details, in general I believe you are correct... However, this incident is unusual because of how long and over what distance the "counter-attack" lasted.
I don't know if the "window for legal retribution" after being assaulted is one minute, ten minutes, 30 minutes, etc. but there would eventually be a limit.
You could not capture your attacker, place him in your van, carry him to your garage and extract retribution for the next week and have legal immunity because he attacked you a week ago...
I wouldn't think legal immunity necessary if you were so skilled at your craft.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews