JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First of all Monkey Boy I did inquire about local gun smiths yes that's true. I also said I was giving you guys the short of the story. The front sight was defective from Kimber. It came out with two tiny taps with a brass punch. So send it to a local smith? NO. Kimber thought they may have to build a new upper slide. Do you really think the local smiths would want to do this? NOPE.

The fact of the matter I posted this to inform people about Kimbers bubblegumty customer service/WARRANTY which Puddle Pounder this was warranty work. That's why it went to Kimber. I didn't post this for smart *** remarks. Just informational. So Puddle Monkey if you buy a new car and it has a warranty and you have problems with it, are you going to take to a local mechanic or back to the dealer you bought it from so they can make it right?

between your initial story in December and this new one there are way too many holes for this to be how it went down.

and skwim doesn't have me on ignore, he gets aroused every time I log on.

Is Kimber that bad? I was looking at their warrior series as my first 1911 but to be honest I have heard nothing but bad things about their quality and customer service, maybe I'll just get a Remmy r1 enhanced.

I have a basic R1 that has had some upgrades and an action job and its the slickest semi auto I have ever handled. The basic pistol is just plain beautiful from a quality of workmanship point of view. And I know what I am talking about I made Handmade Custom Knives for a living for 14 years and was a voting member of the Knifemakers Guild. I used to work my folders tolerances down to .0005" So I know how to do nice work. And I am impressed with the Remingtons for a production gun.

I had a Kimber and had no problems at all, I ended up trading it straight across for a Cooper rifle. Life is good! Sorry you are having a bad experience with their customer service but they ARE in New York!!!:pound:

suck it haters! 24z9o5h.jpg

33yrnz6.jpg

znap2v.jpg

Glocks are for those like me who like ugly chicks.
You know those that do there job and STFU?

I give my buddy ,a 1911 snob crap about hating on Kimber. Then he found an article that some special forces outfit destroyed some Kimbers.
And i bought a new one that had some rust on the barrel. I did sell it though.
Now I'm gunna have to show him this thread? Hate to tell him he was right.

I'll let y'all know about my new R1 soon.

I would love to hear your experience with the R1!

I have a basic R1 that has had some upgrades and an action job and its the slickest semi auto I have ever handled. The basic pistol is just plain beautiful from a quality of workmanship point of view. And I know what I am talking about I made Handmade Custom Knives for a living for 14 years and was a voting member of the Knifemakers Guild. I used to work my folders tolerances down to .0005" So I know how to do nice work. And I am impressed with the Remingtons for a production gun.
My father in law had a hot sheet deal on R1's and I passed....He got one and Dang! I dont know how someone could need more gun for the money. It is a sweet,sweet machine. I can shoot one ragged hole groups with it! dont rule them out just too have a "cool" Kimber.
I kick myself daily for passing on one....

There is no love for Kimber throughout most of this thread!

I had better luck with them as they dealt with me professionally when I needed them. A lady name Ann was my CS rep! three weeks turn around time was not so bad for trigger (warranty repair), front sight replacement and complete re-blue jobs!

For 80,000+ pieces of firearms sale annually, I guess it's a hit or miss CS wise with the large volume of product and customers.

My 2 cents.

My father in law had a hot sheet deal on R1's and I passed....He got one and Dang! I dont know how someone could need more gun for the money. It is a sweet,sweet machine. I can shoot one ragged hole groups with it! dont rule them out just too have a "cool" Kimber.
I kick myself daily for passing on one....

I'm not sure you need a 'hot sheet deal' to get one, last I remember they're priced pretty aggressive unless something has changed and they've gone up.

Puddle Monkey that's they way in went down dude. The dovetail was f'ed up from the factory. Therefore kimber should be responsible for fixing it. The only holes in the story is that the gun sat in the safe for awhile after looking into gun smiths. I can see I pee'd in your Cherrios since you own 3. I decided to remove the sights myself after looking into gun smiths. Velzey that included the target sight as well and all the headaches of course.

I think Kimber was a better company years ago from the sounds of it.

Hey J Luck
I agree on the R1, just handled one and I was inpressed !
I've had many 1911s and custom smithed comp guns. And I would buy one ,,, trigger was crisp but heavy for me. Sooo ur splitting tenths on ur knifes... Nice, and that comes from a 20yr tool maker.

When it was a family operation out of Colton they were great makers of fine weapons, not so anymore. As was stated earlier in the post they are one of the most worked on weapons going, what does that tell you?

Tells me there are LOT of them out there. The more there are the more you will see about them. Kind of like people complaining about Michelin tires on motorhomes. For years Michelins were the only tire used on 90% of the motorhomes so, naturally there were more complaints about them. Then GoodYear came on the scene and now there are lots of complaints about them.

Don't get an R1. Garbage compared to kimber. I sold my R1 to buy my Kimber Eclipse II 4".no regrets.

I had to send my kimber in last feburary. My gun was shooting low and it had extractor problems. I called them up and after a short call, he understood all my problems. In two days I had the label and was shipping out my gun. 4 weeks later I got an email saying that I
It shipped out. When I received my gun I found that they polished all the hoster marks off of the slide and the slide marks on the barrel. The gun was compleatly clean inside and out. There was a sheet of paper with the repair notes and a target with test shots. When I got to shoot the gun, I found that it shot perfectly on target. And I was also delighted to find that the ejected shells didn't hit my face anymore. They all ended up in a small pile on my right.

End of story, love my kimber and was completely satisfied with my customer service and the service on my gun. I would buy kimber again.

Tells me there are LOT of them out there. The more there are the more you will see about them. Kind of like people complaining about Michelin tires on motorhomes. For years Michelins were the only tire used on 90% of the motorhomes so, naturally there were more complaints about them. Then GoodYear came on the scene and now there are lots of complaints about them.

you're asking some of these guys to think way beyond their capabilities.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top