JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i have had a great experience with kimber. jeremy handled my case. i bought a raptor 2 about 6 months ago. they changed sight designs and used a slope sight due to inventory issues on geting the wedge sight. i called in jeremy said he would order one and they were on backorder for a long time. inbeteween he sent me 2 kimber kimpro tac mags for my new gun, and i just got my sight the other day. going to go to my gun shop have it pushed off and the new one pushed on. so they sent me about 180$ in free stuff just cause i wasnt happy with the design change of my particular model of gun. i know this is an old thread but i am new here just wanted to post my experience with kimber. i will buy many more kimber firearms.

i hear that deen... i dont think you can beat them. ive shot wilson combats, and other big dog 1911s and i like my kimbers just as good as them. some have had problems with theirs, ive gotten some good ones so far. i wouldnt trade them for anything else. or maybe right now a colt marine pistol, im dying for one of those.

Boy, some folks are emotionally invested in their choice of guns.

I noticed the same thing on some of the AR forums concerning their choice of AR's and the infamous "chart". Guys do not like being told they don't have a "top tiered" gun. This debate became so heated and because of threats of legal action, Rob Sloyer, the author of "The Chart", finally gave up and took it down. It's kinda interesting to see the same thing happening here. Although I'm not a doctor, but I did see one on TV last night and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once, I'd say there's lot of psychology at work.

My take is if it works for you, the shooter/owner then that is a good thing. Who cares if it is "top tiered" or not?

Currently, I own 3 Glocks and in 1911's I currently have 5 Colts, and an Ed Brown. They each have their own personality. None are my "favorite". Kinda like which of your kids is your favorite? But they are all fun.

Even though I have a safe full of quility guns (not just 1911's) there is a Glock that sits on the nightstand on each side of the bed I share with my wife. There's been one there for the last 20 or so years. Different tools for different tasks.

I used to own a Kimber, but for me at least, never again. It just didn't work. My opinion is they are over-rated and over-priced. But YMMV.

I hear ya. its just not that way with guns its that way with everything in life. each likes its own stuff you know. and thats what makes the world great. take care guys. sorry to bring up old stuff.

Yep I got my EDC CCW which is a 4.25" stainless TLE for 850 at a shop very lightly used, got home, the front trillium sight was bad, the shop sent it in, got it back good as new 2 weeks later.
no complaint here

In here at the end, so perhaps this has been said before: for those assigning Kimber any level of "top tier", they are somewhat mistaken. Kimber was actually the "challenger" to top-tier Custom .45 autos. They showed (and specifically endeavored) to produce a "production" Model 11 that could run with the best. They revolutionized that market (having succeeded in the endeavor).

I will be the first to say that a production Kimber cannot quite equal a full-custom 11. But it will chase quite closely. That was the goal, supported by close-tolerance CNC machines against handwork (in my opinion always better) of the custom makers.

As a Colt's collector, when I went looking for a Model 11, I wanted a Colt's. I wanted a Gold Cup. I shot the Gold Cup(two of them). I shot a Kimber. I bought a Kimber. It is the only centerfire automatic pistol I have ever shot that is as accurate as a rimfire .22 Colt's Woodsman Target. No issues in any fashion with reliability or function.

There you have it.

To get a 10 mm Kimber, I placed an order for one with a Wild Bill's Guns in Molalla. At the time I placed the order, they were told by Kimber it would take 5 - 8 months to deliver the gun. That was a year ago. About two months ago, Albany Guns got several Rock Island Arms 1911s in 10 and I bought one - for about half the price of the one I ordered. It's been a nice pistol but I still look forward to getting the Kimber.

Boy, some folks are emotionally invested in their choice of guns.

I noticed the same thing on some of the AR forums concerning their choice of AR's and the infamous "chart". Guys do not like being told they don't have a "top tiered" gun. This debate became so heated and because of threats of legal action, Rob Sloyer, the author of "The Chart", finally gave up and took it down. It's kinda interesting to see the same thing happening here. My take is if it works for you, the shooter/owner then that is a good thing. Who cares if it is "top tiered" or not?

I had to pull this particular part from BAMCIS's statement. Cheers! In regards to the AR forum, I've stopped even looking at the posts because of the overwhelming amount of snobs or experts that humiliate a forum member who dares to ask a question deemed to be ignorant. The AR forum even Differentiates members by calling them 13r's, those that joined the forum after Sandy Hook. You know, latecomers, ignorant people that don't love the AR, just bought one because of the hype. These are the Elitists.
How dare some poor slob who just laid out a grand to buy a Bushmaster ask a question from people who own a LaRue.

Good forums are those that are there to help others, make friends and offer a welcome with a post.

And just to add to my last posting. Doesn't it just crack you up to see some members with top-tier AR's that you can tell have never been shot. You can tell if someone who claims to have shot 1000 rounds and there is not a speck on it. I mean better than when it came out of the box brand new. Better to own a Bushmaster or a Stag and shoot the heck out of it, then to own a museum POF that sits in a case.

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I buy to use 'em (providing I have the ammo).

Sorry about being so tangential with the last two posts. Back to Kimber for a moment. I now own a Stainless II and a Pro Carry II HD. They are beautiful weapons, but what everyone knows who owns one, the moment you buy it you shop to replace the cheap plastic MSH.

I own 3 Sig 1911's and while they may not be a tight as the Kimbers, they shoot like a dream. I have a friends that own Ruger's, Remington's, and Taurus's and they love them as well. If you find one that shoots well and you like it, you own a great gun regardless of the brand. Except if you own an AMT hardballer.....just kind'n.

SIG SAUER 1911 SCORPION....the only handgun you will ever need. ......glock hahahahahahah cheap *** garbage.

The Sig Sauer is a fine gun, but you cannot call the glock garbage. I don't even own one, but I now plenty of people who do and they are super dependable firearms.
Apples and Oranges.

I like kimbers - I think based on the three I have owned and the ones family and friends have that they are very reliable. I am now finding that my tastes are changing - my primary 1911 that I carry is a Essex arms ( frame and slide ) built with Springfield armory parts. It is old fashioned - has a nice set of sights but the person that put that one together knew what they were doing. Its reliable, doesnt have the things I dont want on it and above all it is more accurate than I am. My GCNM and my Eclipse are much more exspensive pistols than my Essex. My next pistol will not have all the bling that a kimber does as after a while I want a stable pistol more than I want a showy one.

I will admit that my GCNM is amazing.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top