JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My experience with Kimber CS has been nothing short of stellar. I have a tactical pro II that the ejector broke on. I hate MIM parts....:( They really are crap.... Well I decide to do a little garage gunsmithing and replace the ejector myself. Long story short I screwed up the lower frame so bad that a new one had to be made. I called up kimber CS expecting to pay through the nose for this mistake all of my own doing. I was honest with them about what I had done. They had me send my pistol back to yonkers and they would get back to me. I expected with a big bill to fix. To my surprise about 2 weeks later they call me and told me they would fix this for free. I about fell out of my seat.....:s0155: They custom made a whole new lower frame to match the upper slide. It took 4 months to get the pistol back but they made good on their word and I didn't pay a dime except for shipping to them. I don't know any company out there that will eat the price of making a new part and putting time into making that part for free, especially when the customer was at fault for messing up the lower frame. I am very happy with this pistol. It's a work of art. It's just as good as when I bought it new.

Second CS encounter about a week ago. The screw that holds in the beveled mag well falls out and is gone. I call kimber CS again expecting to pay for the part. They ask for my address and send me a new screw for free again. I have never had a negative experience with this company and will continue to do business with them. They make a quality product and they stand behind it.

I'm not sure how you got treated like this. Maybe you called a different kimber than I did. I don't know. I'm on the lookout for a custom II LTE now....:D

So you removed the front sight with a brass punch and it only took two whacks and you think this indicates bad quality?

You sent it back to Kimber months later and they are liars because they told you 4-6 weeks and it took 9?

Am I getting this right?

Took my two Kimbers out today for the first time, both functioned perfectly and I put 230 Gr ball, 185 Gr regular load HPs' and 185 Gr +P's through both. Not one malfunction and the both are ACCURATE!
Ultra Crimson Trace II
Super Carry Ultra+

I have ZERO experience with Kimber customer service, none of the dozen or so Kimber 1911s I have owned over the last 15 years have had a problem.

I don't own a Kimber. But I sure do hate when a company provides bad customer service to their consumers! They think they can just make it all better by throwing you a "candy" if you know what I mean? What about next? The only thing I can say is take a moment to right them a letter and send it to their Corperate office. Someone up there has a job to make sure that their consumer concerns at a corperate level and that their employees are doing their job right. beginning management. That goes with any company. Did you take pictures when you first got it back? That is something I always do. If you haven't done so already. Kimber is a great company. Most of the time it is an individual that works at company who makes poor and bad judgments. Well good luck and keep us posted.

"Stick to your Guns"
jmac1911:s0155:

Took my two Kimbers out today for the first time, both functioned perfectly and I put 230 Gr ball, 185 Gr regular load HPs' and 185 Gr +P's through both. Not one malfunction and the both are ACCURATE!
Ultra Crimson Trace II
Super Carry Ultra+

Wow, lot's of haters. My experience with Kimber is the same as yours, I own several 1911's, Colts, Springers and Kimbers, and my Kimber compact series I is the best 1911 I have ever owned.......:s0155:

The only "real lemon" 1911 I've owned was a para, now that particular pistol was a real piece of crap !!

I'd like to add that since the start of this thread I've picked up my 4th Kimber, a used Custom II. I shot it over the weekend for the first time and it was like butter. Keep sucking it haters!

33w1m36.jpg

Wow I don't even want to live anymore! How can you in the same breath state how crappy their parts are and the failures you've had, then post that "They make a quality product"?
OK Next thing to help clear something up- KIMBER DID NOT CUSTOM MAKE YOU A FRAME. They grabbed one out of their piles until your slide dropped onto it and called it good. Now how it took soo long to find a drop-in replacement is beyond me. I'm still at a loss at how in the heck you managed ruining a lower replacing the ejector.

A Kimber is an overpriced RIA, though I'd still trust an RIA more. All the Kimber's that run amazingly, Ok not all maybe 75%, are shooters who go out once a year and shoot. The same shooter that forgets his gun had 5 FTF's but it's ok because he blames it on his ammo or something else than accepting their gun needs work.

My experience with Kimber CS has been nothing short of stellar.------ I have a tactical pro II that the ejector broke on. I hate MIM parts
Long story short I screwed up the lower frame so bad that a new one had to be made.
They custom made a whole new lower frame to match the upper slide.

Second CS encounter about a week ago. The screw that holds in the beveled mag well falls out and is gone.
They make a quality product and they stand behind it.

I'm not sure how you got treated like this. Maybe you called a different kimber than I did. I don't know. I'm on the lookout for a custom II LTE now....:D

Wow I don't even want to live anymore!

win/win

A Kimber is an overpriced RIA, though I'd still trust an RIA more. All the Kimber's that run amazingly, Ok not all maybe 75%, are shooters who go out once a year and shoot. The same shooter that forgets his gun had 5 FTF's but it's ok because he blames it on his ammo or something else than accepting their gun needs work.

2hprma1.jpg

16houfo.jpg

The only good Kimber is a Kimber of Oregon. Yonkers, New York can suck it!

SF-

Hate to tell you this but according to The 2013 American Handgunner Annual Special Edition (Page 18 "Kimber Quiz") ALL Kimber handguns were made in NY, EVEN those that said Clackamas, Oregon on them!!

Deen
NRA Life Benefactor Member / Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector Member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington Member
Second Amendment Foundation Member

I don't understand why a company (Kimber) will spend thousands of dollars advertising and then treat a customer like crap. Word of mouth advertising either good or bad is the most effective. I own quite a few Sig's and sure, in this arena there are many companies out there trying to grab at the pot. Some may argue that Sig is not the best, but I can say that their customer service is why I keep buying. This past Friday, I bought a Sig P226 Texas edition. I really didn't need to own another Sig, but if anything goes wrong, I know they will stand behind it.
I love H&K. I think they make some of the best firearms in the industry, but their customer service sucks. They stand behind the motto "Even if it's broken, you should be glad you own it".

I think the people who had bad CS @ Kimber just have bad people skills. most people in the Cs industry want to be happy, pleasant, and helpful. its when the customer is an a-hole that they get snotty. I had no problems dealing with kimber. look at the way that you talked to them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top