JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sent my 1911 in to have target sights cut in. I will officially say Kimber has the WORST customer service EVER!!! Do not deal with a guy named Robert, CJ, or Jeremy. I was lied to and my gun was returned dirty and the original box I have is now broken as well as they said they would send me a free magazine for the gun for my troubles. Well I didn't get the magazine either.

Kimber never lie to the customer. Cause this customer caught you and now I will tell everyone I know to never buy one of your firearms because of the customer service.

This is the short version of the story Took 9 weeks to get my gun back after I was told 4-6 weeks. Many phone calls by me to them and they never returned one of them.

Oh you mean all the threads about this are true ON THE WHOLE, and they really have ZERO actual custom shop and can't do the most basic of work like sight cuts? Noooo that just can't be.....
basic research will be easy to determine you MIGHT, maybe, possibly, sorta get good CS if it's something a basic monkey can do; swap grips, give you a mag, or cause damage that wasn't there before. But as a whole Kimber's CS has been a huge failure and you're better off sending it to a quality smith for work anyways.

I sent my 1911 in to have target sights cut in. I will officially say Kimber has the WORST customer service EVER!!! Do not deal with a guy named Robert, CJ, or Jeremy. I was lied to and my gun was returned dirty and the original box I have is now broken as well as they said they would send me a free magazine for the gun for my troubles. Well I didn't get the magazine either.

Kimber never lie to the customer. Cause this customer caught you and now I will tell everyone I know to never buy one of your firearms because of the customer service.

This is the short version of the story Took 9 weeks to get my gun back after I was told 4-6 weeks. Many phone calls by me to them and they never returned one of them.

Kimber makes nice stuff but their quality has been hit or miss lately and they have been known for crappy CS. If you buy a Kimber you are better off just having a smith work on it. Or buy a Springer...way better CS.

Is Kimber that bad? I was looking at their warrior series as my first 1911 but to be honest I have heard nothing but bad things about their quality and customer service, maybe I'll just get a Remmy r1 enhanced.

My Kimber Raptor II needed to go back for warranty work shortly after purchase. It was gone about as long as expected. Not expected was the rear sight literally hanging half way off the side of the slide. The sites were not part of the problem, and how it possibly A, was drifted, and B, returned without notice remains shocking. Ever since then the rear site drifts right after very trip to the range, no matter what I do. It won't be going back to Kimber though, that is for sure. Great pistol though. I'd buy another.

Is Kimber that bad? I was looking at their warrior series as my first 1911 but to be honest I have heard nothing but bad things about their quality and customer service, maybe I'll just get a Remmy r1 enhanced.

Get it, great looking gun. Just don't be dumb enough to send it back to them for custom work. send it to SA instead if you want something done. I have three upper end Kimbers and all have worked flawlessly and are quite accurate.

I know a guy who has a Kimber Warrior. He's a good shooter too but he had to have his rear sight drifted all the way to the right...almost hanging off the slide. Don't know if that's a sight cut problem, barrel alignment or what. You'd think for 1300+ it wouldn't be that bad. I've known 1 person with a modern Kimber who was satisfied, and many more who felt like they got burned.

OP - I remember back in December you inquired about who to go to gunsmith wise to have your new sights put on your Kimber. You were given multiple local competent smiths to have this completed, yet you did not listen. Not a single person on that thread recommended sending it to Kimber to have this done. Granted it is your gun and you have every right to send it to whomever you want, but why inquire if you're not going to listen?

OP - I remember back in December you inquired about who to go to gunsmith wise to have your new sights put on your Kimber. You were given multiple local competent smiths to have this completed, yet you did not listen. Not a single person on that thread recommended sending it to Kimber to have this done. Granted it is your gun and you have every right to send it to whomever you want, but why inquire if you're not going to listen?

Ouch! Nothing like a little salt in a fresh wound. LOL

You guys should just start buying glocks. Then you won't have to worry about all of these problems:s0139:

them be fightin' words! 34943vc.jpg

You guys should just start buying glocks. Then you won't have to worry about all of these problems:s0139:

Glocks are for those like me who like ugly chicks.
You know those that do there job and STFU?

I give my buddy ,a 1911 snob crap about hating on Kimber. Then he found an article that some special forces outfit destroyed some Kimbers.
And i bought a new one that had some rust on the barrel. I did sell it though.
Now I'm gunna have to show him this thread? Hate to tell him he was right.

I'll let y'all know about my new R1 soon.

I just recently bought a Kimber Pro Carry II (used). My first foray into 1911s. I've ran about 200 rounds of practice ammo and a clip of Golden Sabersthrough it without a hiccup. Not exactly as easy to tear apart and clean as my Glocks and definitely not a low maintenance gun but I absolutely love it. :) Ordered night sights and plan on installing them myself. Definitely has become my carry gun. Too bad about customer service.

First of all Monkey Boy I did inquire about local gun smiths yes that's true. I also said I was giving you guys the short of the story. The front sight was defective from Kimber. It came out with two tiny taps with a brass punch. So send it to a local smith? NO. Kimber thought they may have to build a new upper slide. Do you really think the local smiths would want to do this? NOPE.

The fact of the matter I posted this to inform people about Kimbers bubblegumty customer service/WARRANTY which Puddle Pounder this was warranty work. That's why it went to Kimber. I didn't post this for smart *** remarks. Just informational. So Puddle Monkey if you buy a new car and it has a warranty and you have problems with it, are you going to take to a local mechanic or back to the dealer you bought it from so they can make it right?

Wow I need to charge more!

I understand why you sent it back to them, sights are expensive and they should make it right. Slides are even more spendy!

Ive noticed the whirlwind of gun buying has cause some company's to start to faulter in their customer service area and quality control. I actually saw a 4 Taurus revolvers that were shipped as 2" snubnose, but they had a 4" barrel installed...no really there was an extra two inches of steel barrel liner sticking out of the lightwieght barrel housing...most have been a Friday afternoon when they went thru QC !!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top