JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are we supposed to get any sort of notification of disapproval? The only way I found out about mine was by logging onto the ATF website, I still have not received any sort of letter or email...and the disapproval happened July 13 or 14

Are we supposed to get any sort of notification of disapproval? The only way I found out about mine was by logging onto the ATF website, I still have not received any sort of letter or email...and the disapproval happened July 13 or 14

In edited form 1 you should receive a notice. It is the government and their computer systems are ar least 10 years behind so don't expect it to work every time.

Its been over a month since this thread had any action. Has anyone heard anything new?

Alternately, who knows a good place I can order a customized SBR from? Obviously Rainier is an option, but I like choices.

Second: Can get just an SBR'd lower and build the rest up myself? My impression is that you can't really SBR a lower in a vacuum, you have to know the barrel length and caliber you are going to run it in primarily.

I was THIS close to getting thing started to build a dream SBR when I learned about this issue, and needless to say, it was very disappointing.

You can get a customized SBR from any 02/07 that builds SBR's. It just has to transfer through your class 3 dealer. Technically an SBR is a complete gun and not just a lower . Thats why you can't buy a "SBR lower" . Its not just knowing what barrel length you want to put on the form. An SBR is an entire gun. You can form 1 and register an SBR then take it all apart and sell even the lower by itself with no NFA paperwork because a lower by itself is not an SBR.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top