JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparently some regular non-SOT type folks are getting emails telling them they have until the close of their next business day to submit any Form 2's that they were unable to submit during the outage, so I would say they are using the word "fixed" with some flexibility

Now for the "you did it! Thanks for calling your congresscritters" video..
IMG_9763.jpeg

Getting tired of "the sky is falling" vids....Armedscholar is pobably the best example of these...clickbailt thumbnail, 5 minutes of "background" to catch you up, 4 minutes of non-information and finally "here is a possible outcome".

Sigh....

View attachment 1834852

Getting tired of "the sky is falling" vids....Armedscholar is pobably the best example of these...clickbailt thumbnail, 5 minutes of "background" to catch you up, 4 minutes of non-information and finally "here is a possible outcome".

Sigh....
Yep, anything to make a buck. Make bubblegum up, blow bubblegum out of all proportion. Armed scholar is nothing but a scammer and a liar. Don't be a sucker and fall for it.

View attachment 1834852

Sigh....
Yeah, I am extremely picky about who I watch for legal analysis. Basically if you are not a calm, level headed actual lawyer who deals with this stuff I am not interested in what you have to say. I will get any hot takes from the general reviewers and gun industry personalities, and I can do that while I watch interesting content about actual guns. I do not need to watch 15 minutes of "hot take" where you go off the rails into worst-case speculation land that may or may not have any basis in reality.

IMHO that is the appropriate ratio of commentary; 15-30 seconds of layman hot take inserted into other more relevant content and then 10+ minutes of actual, expert level legal commentary to provide proper context the situation.

He really went down hill the past year.
When the goal is make $ no matter how you do it, and they have no integrity this is what happens Imo. The ones that last long term are the ones that don't BS poeple. I guess that assumes a certain level of intelligence on the viewers part though, and that's a tricky assumption. Hopefully viewers will weed out the scammers in the long term.

Hanlon's Razor - The reason behind bad things is usually human incompetence over malicious intent. But I suppose either, or both, are possible here.
To quote the late Charles Krauthammer, "Whenever you're faced with an explanation of what's going on in Washington, the choice between incompetence and conspiracy, always choose incompetence."

a real lawyer, doing a 2 minute, fact based, conjecture free "this is the law right now, do this or don't do that" video, I'd bet that would get more subscriptions and clicks than the usual 15-20 minute bullwaffleshtfest

Trust, but verify.

He's a good resource for the most part, but loves to hear himself talk and not always correct.
No one ever is. And yeah, there are a few others out there I watch for perspective, including one where the two hosts do not always even agree. Legal stuff is hard.

What I refuse to watch are the clickbait speculation channels that are 99% unmoored from reality. Even the ones that keep the actual commentary somewhat down to earth but have titles and thumbnails that are amped to 11 get a pass from me. I just do not care for that kind of drama.

No one ever is. And yeah, there are a few others out there I watch for perspective, including one where the two hosts do not always even agree. Legal stuff is hard.

What I refuse to watch are the clickbait speculation channels that are 99% unmoored from reality. Even the ones that keep the actual commentary somewhat down to earth but have titles and thumbnails that are amped to 11 get a pass from me. I just do not care for that kind of drama.
Same here, I have most those blocked from my feed. The blowhard at the start of this thread is one of them.

I've met William Kirk and is a genuine human, for being a lawyer. He does try and does his best, but has been known to shoot a video before doing complete due diligence.

So again, trust, but verify.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top