JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think until they figure it out all form 1s will come back denied.....WA needs to re right the law otherwise the only way we will get a SBR is to purchase one already built......kind of stinks that we can not build out own. Hell I have one I want to do but did not want to pay the 200 just to get denied.....

So I emailed Rainier firearms to ask if they could SBR a rifle for me. They said they would form 2 it, then form 4 it to me. Not sure how that would work though?
It seems like I would have to send it out of state, then the out of state company would have to transfer it back in state to get it transferred to me. This is beyond stupid. I mean technically even manufacturers in state can't even do it. What can we do? Is there a way to help? Because this is getting intolerable.

Ok so I think the law only stops people, not companies. So I can give it to Rainier to do it. It's still ridiculous. They said 125$ to turn it into an SBR and do the engraving. That's for 10 min of grinding I can do myself. On top of the 200$ tax stamp. This law needs to get fixed

Ok so I think the law only stops people, not companies. So I can give it to Rainier to do it. It's still ridiculous. They said 125$ to turn it into an SBR and do the engraving. That's for 10 min of grinding I can do myself. On top of the 200$ tax stamp. This law needs to get fixed

In a way thats a good thing. Some people don't mind putting their name or trust on a firearm and keeping it forever. Some want to sell it off later either because they get bored or move to a non nfa friendly state . I'd rather have "Rainier arms" on one than a trust name or my name. If you figure that it costs $50 for a GOOD engraving job ( not a home grind thing ) its not that bad of a deal.

True. I wouldn't have done the engraving myself anyway though. The grinding I was talking about was to remove my barrel extension. Grind out the blind pin and unscrew. Easy as that.

I hadn't really thought about the resale point of view. Good point

Yeah, Ive got 3 SBR's and they are all engraved with my trust name. I just consider those guns to be maybe not throwaways but to have little or no intrinsic value other than parts value. If they were factory SBR's or at least set up and engraved as such it would make the value much higher. The Rainier idea to me sounds like a much better plan. I walked into Rainier once when I lived in the area and it was one guy in a TINY shop , more of a drop ship sort of thing, and I got spooked off. Might be different now. Sounds to me like He's doing the community a service.

How long ago was that? Rainer is now in a pretty big stand alone building they built a few years back. I would guess they have 15 employees. Not uncommon to see 4-6 guys working the counter. last time I was in there I was chatting with the sales guy and he said they where waiting on a $600,000 Noveske order. You don't have to worry about them being solid and stable.

How long ago was that? Rainer is now in a pretty big stand alone building they built a few years back. I would guess they have 15 employees. Not uncommon to see 4-6 guys working the counter. last time I was in there I was chatting with the sales guy and he said they where waiting on a $600,000 Noveske order. You don't have to worry about them being solid and stable.
7-8 years ago. Maybe longer.

Well I think when Rainier purchased there new building and started manufacturing guns that is when they went big.

I have built a few MaTens that were purchased from them as they are the Mega sellers.....and also a AR15 that was also a Mega from them. I have had nothing but a good experience from them over the past 6 years and will continue to do business with them.

I guess if we Washingtonians don't get this SBR thing figured out we just have to take our parts to Rainier and pay the price.....

Thank you Blizzardscout!

I wouldn't contact him. There's no need to. This thread/forum is VERY VERY VERY small beans compared to others. Basically at this point you are soooooo late to the game.

If you really want to know the latest, here's the 19 page thread to bring you up to date.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_15/582816_Form_1_DENIED___There_it_is_folks____.html

Any post from Dawgfish is what you want to pay attention to. He has a personal relationship with Rep. Blake, so he has all the first hand info.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top