JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CRAP

11051789_1180025372011438_5038830142183389588_n.jpg

Okay, I read the article and I understand English very well and still have a high reading comprehension score.

The reporter states clearly several times that they don't know what she is planning, and that she doesn't have the constitutional authority to create Cap and Trade by executive order.

That said, she does have authority over regulatory agencies, such as the DEQ and fuel standards, and her end run plans, if that's what it is, could result in eventual Cap and Trade in a manuever such as was done in Calif.

So, I'm thinking of it as a pre-cursor to Cap and Trade rather than a done deal.
Wow... Oregon Live is not exactly known as a hotbed of conservatism or libertarian thought and usually a big-time supporter of wasting taxpayer's money for social spending and even THEY are hedging on this one.

Funny that they called Brown-shirt's EO a "strategy" though. "I'm the boss and I can... that's why" is not a strategy but something you do when you have no strategy or your strategy has failed.

Her utter insistence on this terrible idea has got to make one wonder who paid her to make this happen since there is 0 benefits to the taxpayers of the state to which she has sworn an oath.

Sign the recall petition to make her gone before she kills the entire state... she's a parasite and toxic to the citizens of OR.

*** Update: I have learned since posting this that a key difference between Covid-19 and SARS is the time when someone infected started being contagious the technical term is viral shedding. The virus has reproduced and wants to share. SARS patients didn't typically become infectious till after they had symptoms. Covid-19 can infect you and start viral shedding very quickly making it very infectious. The good news is the mortality rate is low (for now)

Joe Rogan has posted a podcast interview with a respected virologist and that conversation is very enlightening and educating. I picked up more info listening to that than several other sources .

Check it out here:

While it is a good idea to scan for fevers, infected but non symptomatic people would get through.
And maybe buy a bidet toilet seat so you can ration your TP ****

For Covid-19 the key symptom is Fever and while there's some debate, probably around 103.
this is important because you can scan for high fevers, which was being done around the world during SARS and H1N1 outbreaks. Maybe this is already going on but it doesn't seem like it.

As of last week, Oregon had received 1500 Covid-19 test kits which medical professionals are likely to guard very closely. The nervous among us will be going nuts not knowing if they have it or not.

Since the only thing we can effectively test is temperature at the moment, I'm guessing we'll start seeing checkpoints popping up in major airports for travelers where foreheads are scanned.

While people with fevers should have the common sense to stay home, we all know those who won't.
Maybe Kate could start worrying about thermal checkpoints instead of carbon emissions from a state that is never going to be more than .1% of the nations carbon load.

Last Edited:
Yea....
Oregon climate change: Governor signs executive order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions

So.... again, as someone once alluded to... voters get the government they deserve :mad:

If the Oregon courts uphold the notion that the Executive branch can legislate independently of the Legislative Body, then well. That just smacks of a certain form of government that led directly to the American War of Independence, no?

If the courts allow this who is to blame other than the people who keep voting Kate in? Remember her last election? She had an opponent. One that MANY people who claim they have no use for Kate refused to vote for as they were not "good enough". Many proudly announced they sat out the election or threw the vote away. Great, hope they enjoy Kate. If, or when, enough of them decide they have had enough they can vote Kate to the curb but, they are going to have to vote, not depend on the courts to save them.

I got the A10E from T-Mobile to replace the Galaxy S7. It was one of the cheapest options and does everything I need it to do, and have nothing I don't need :rolleyes:

It may just be me but I have long not quite "got" the point of these high end phones for most. Wife and I have long used Samsung's "generic" versions. Ones we currently have are the generic version of the S7, they name them J-and whatever the number. Last ones ran us $100 each. Now I know I am FAR from any kind of "Tech expert" but neither of us ever seem to find anything that these phones will not do that the high end ones do. I do LOVE smart phones. Have been known to turn around and come back home if on the way to work I realized I had forgotten my phone. The thing I love is if I break it I just buy another. We keep a couple older ones that we can just go on line and activate while we order up another. Each line costs us $23 and change a month after they ad the taxes to it. I have to guess some do something with their phones that they really need the phone that costs 10 times this much but not sure what it is.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top