JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SHTF is when this sort of thing begins

And when this sort of thing encourages it
3C254447-BC28-485D-8C68-10E7ABB51F9B.jpeg

Panic buying is in full bloom. I went to Safeway to try and return some heavy cream I bought earlier and the store was packed. The lady running self check said it would be a while before she could help me so I left. Crazy.

My thoughts? Basic crowd psychology comes to mind. We're in a mild SHTF scenario. It's not like 9/11 where everybody was brought together by a common and binding catastrophic event.
Everybody is just worrying about "what if" something like that is next? Do I have enough? And then everyone realizes that they really don't. It didn't help that the Govt said early on to be prepared to endure a two week quarantine, which is what I think is still driving the current mad rush.

When China shut down Wuhan and quarantined 1/10th of the world's population totaling almost 800,000,000 people, in January, it was a SHTF event. I tried telling people. The smart listened and took action. As for the dumb, I guess Darwinism.

<snip>

I literally laugh at the morons still grousing about canceled NBA season and scratching their heads why people are buying toilet paper. I guess there has to be some really stupid people in the world, given the law of averages.

People joking about this are not only clueless, but offensively stupid at this point.

A couple weeks ago, Italy had no infections. Now, they have 13,000 infections and 1,000 deaths and an overrun medical system in a nation 1/6th the population of the USA... do the math.

It must be exhausting being so superior.

Apparently the outrage culture is where you find it.... :rolleyes:

Those who've served know that humor, especially "dark humor" is a coping mechanism.
Dark humor is a coping mechanism for fat-assed civilians like me as well, though perhaps military experience adds a certain edge to it (I wouldn't know).

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WAND) - Champaign Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen has issued an executive order declaring an emergency in the city.

City officials said the emergency is related to the COVID-19, which is anticipated to cause an impact on the health of community members. Champaign Municipal Code allows the mayor to declare an emergency for a limited time.

Included in the executive order are ordinances that would give the city extraordinary powers to the Mayor.

• Violating parts of the Open Meetings Act
  • Ban sale of firearms and ammunition
  • Ban sale of any alcohol
  • Closing of all bars, taverns, liquor stores, etc
  • Ban sale or giving away of gasoline or other liquid flammable or combustible products in any container other than a gasoline tank permanently fixed to a motor vehicle
  • Direct the shutoff of power, water, gas, etc
  • Take possession of private property and obtain full title to same
  • Prohibit or restrict ingress and egress to and from the City

Executive order in Champaign could include banning sale of firearms, ammunition and alcohol

Any excuse to swoop up power. :s0155:

Perhaps it's been said already, but the virus won't be the source of the SHTF. It'll be the secondary effects combined with irrational panic, and of these, the panic is what concerns me the most.

It's early yet, but if we don't get a handle on the fear it's gonna steamroll into something disastrous for our nation and the world. I hope I'm wrong on that, but I'm seeing things I've never seen before in my 58 years, and I'm concerned.

General Ignorance + Corrupt Media + Inept Gov't + Big Gov't + Stupid & Greedy Politicians + Globalism + a spark like a virus = Bad Things

Have a nice day.

SHTF is when trucks rolling in the food stop delivering to the chain stores, forcing those stores to ration what they have on hand, and eventually closing down!
As more and more areas declare emergencies, more trucking will grind to a halt, so no more fuel, or other Just in Time deliveries! Expect to see more delivery type services suspended, part because of the emergency restrictions and demands for "Self Quarantine" and part for lack of fuel to make deliveries! Your Mail, Amazon, Fed-Ex, UPS, all will come to a hard stop!
At that point, folks will do one of two things, Shelter in place ( BUG IN) or run feral, which is why we should have been prepped long before hand!
I expect to see folks taking advantage of the situation and looting ( And getting shot for it) long before the hordes who didn't prep even a little start running out of basics and resorting to stealing from others!
What is happening in Italy is going to be happening here soon!

Keep your powder dry and head on a swivel!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top